Rebuilding Your Coilovers.... suspension pros, please chime in!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 12:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
if you're going for a slammed look get coilovers for sure with higher
spring and damp rates. get linear rate springs as you dont have much
sus travel.

Old 11-17-2006, 02:38 PM
MORE POWER PLZ!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get Coils..i should have gotten coils in the first place buck fvck up....now i jsut gottas decided what i want...HKS RS or Tein Basic

Old 11-17-2006, 04:46 PM
Lex
Originally Posted by richboy
Get Coils..i should have gotten coils in the first place buck fvck up....now i jsut gottas decided what i want...HKS RS or Tein Basic
I'd definitely go with the HKS RS if you wanna spend the money.
I hear lots of bad things about Tein Basic (and other Tein as well from people who own Teins).
I never had personal experience with Tein myself so I can't say anything about them based on my actual experience, but HKS RS are awesome. I drove my friend's coupe with RS and I loved it.
I was going to get a set of Tanabe Sustec Pro-Seven, but due to the installation/rear shock adjustment difficulties, no warranty, no rebuild from US, I decided the money wasn't worth it. I'm sure pro-seven are great, I've been hearing only good things about them, but I just don't want to risk it. If i'm paying that much for Tanabe, I'd rather pay a bit more and get the Zeal Function-Xs instead. Endless doesn't have any in stock and wait time is about 3 weeks or so, I decided to get the HKS RS myself. Saves me some money too.

Old 11-17-2006, 05:32 PM
MORE POWER PLZ!!!
Originally Posted by suhochunsah
I'd definitely go with the HKS RS if you wanna spend the money.
I hear lots of bad things about Tein Basic (and other Tein as well from people who own Teins).
I never had personal experience with Tein myself so I can't say anything about them based on my actual experience, but HKS RS are awesome. I drove my friend's coupe with RS and I loved it.
I was going to get a set of Tanabe Sustec Pro-Seven, but due to the installation/rear shock adjustment difficulties, no warranty, no rebuild from US, I decided the money wasn't worth it. I'm sure pro-seven are great, I've been hearing only good things about them, but I just don't want to risk it. If i'm paying that much for Tanabe, I'd rather pay a bit more and get the Zeal Function-Xs instead. Endless doesn't have any in stock and wait time is about 3 weeks or so, I decided to get the HKS RS myself. Saves me some money too.
So tell me how good is it? Is it a really stiff ride when setting it all way to stiff? explain please..= )

Old 11-20-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by suhochunsah
What sort of bad things have you heard, as I was considering these? I wanted better spring rates than stock, yet be able to keep ride height close to factory.

Old 11-20-2006, 04:32 PM
whoo, this thread rose up from the dead. yea i got coils btw.