Dealership f*cked up my wheels.....!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 03:37 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm glad to hear that things are looking good for you. I wish the service manager at Metro Infiniti (in monrovia CA) was that understanding. Too bad the one I had to deal with is a lying sack of ****. Yes, I am making sure that everyone knows who damaged my wheels. (You can tell I'm still pissed about it, can you?)

Old 08-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Running for his life!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EvolutionGSR
I'm glad to hear that things are looking good for you. I wish the service manager at Metro Infiniti (in monrovia CA) was that understanding. Too bad the one I had to deal with is a lying sack of ****. Yes, I am making sure that everyone knows who damaged my wheels. (You can tell I'm still pissed about it, can you?)
Happen to me too at Metro, but they took care of it. They did not admit or deny it was their fault, but we knew it they did it. Took 3 months for them to fix it up.

Old 08-05-2006, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by wreck
Happen to me too at Metro, but they took care of it. They did not admit or deny it was their fault, but we knew it they did it. Took 3 months for them to fix it up.

When did it happen to you? And who did you deal with?

Old 08-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Running for his life!!
Originally Posted by EvolutionGSR
When did it happen to you? And who did you deal with?
I don't know the exact date. Maybe about a year ago or so. I think my service advisor is Dave. I'm pretty sure they chromed out they lips of my rim where they use to be polished.

Haven't been back to Metro ever since. Especially since my warantee is up.

Last edited by wreck; 08-06-2006 at 10:14 PM.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by wreck
I don't know the exact date. Maybe about a year ago or so. I think my service advisor is Dave. I'm pretty sure they chromed out they lips of my rim where they use to be polished.

Haven't been back to Metro ever since. Especially since my warantee is up.

Chromed huh? I was actually thinking of having that done instead of stripping and polishing. How does the chromed lip look? Is it really bright? How much upkeep do you have to do on the chrome? They lady from the shop im planning on going to said if i polished the lip, I'd have to upkeep the lip by polishing about once a month. Yah I'm finally breaking down and gonna pay myself to have them done. I found a shop that quoted over the phone about 120 per wheel. They'd have to actually look at it to tell me the right price but to strip the anodization and polish the lip it would be about 120 per wheel. Gonna fix some curb rash too on one of them. At about 120 it seems worth it. I'll post more details about it when i get back from them on Weds.

Old 08-09-2006, 12:02 PM
called the customer relations manager yesterday and i knew what was coming:

"i talked to my guys who do the detailing and the guy who took care of you with your repairs. i'm not gonna be able to do anything about it for you. they said the stuff we use would not cause damage like that. "

so i called Mackin today and talked to somebody who said the only thing used to clean these would be soap and water (i already know this but wanted his verification). he said the cleaner would have done this to my wheels. so i sent him the pics of the damaged lips and am waiting on a response from him and his recommendation on NOT to use any cleaning products on wheels to the dealership. i gotta go to the dealership today again and speak with the general manager and hopefully get a hold of the guy who works there. oh yeah did i mention.......... they still haven't found/replaced my key for the lugs they lost

if i don't get anywhere with this, i'm going to corporate

-chris

Last edited by G_Spot; 08-09-2006 at 01:33 PM.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:34 PM
let me add it wasn't the service manager i've ben dealing with prior to today. he has been nothing less than helpful with me in the past. a good guy to deal with. rather it was the customer relations manager. sorry about that.

Last edited by G_Spot; 08-09-2006 at 02:22 PM.
Old 08-12-2006, 06:58 AM
Originally Posted by G_Spot
if i don't get anywhere with this, i'm going to corporate
When Metro Infiniti (in Monrovia, CA) damaged my wheels I also tried to contact corporate to see if they could help me. All they could help me do is register a complaint, in which I still have not recieved a reply to. It's been over a year since I've registered that complaint. The dealerships are not owned by Infiniti, and they said they would not interfere with dealership/customer issues.

Originally Posted by G_Spot

"i talked to my guys who do the detailing and the guy who took care of you with your repairs. i'm not gonna be able to do anything about it for you. they said the stuff we use would not cause damage like that. "
At least you have an implication that "stuff" was used to clean the wheels. A good start would be to find out what this "stuff" is. Where to go from there? Well, i wish i could help you there. Metro Infiniti's service manager went back and forth on what they used and didn't use on my wheels. First it was we don't use anything, but when I contacted the better busienss bureau, they said that I would have to pay a lab to have their cleaners tested to see if in fact they would cause damage to my wheels. Just one of the flat out lies that Metro Infiniti's service manager told me. Maybe find out from the manufacturer of the cleaner if it has any restrictions on what to use it on, or if they advertise their cleaner as "safe to use on all wheels" you could use that approach. Or get the wheel manufacturer to give you a written statement that the "stuff" that was used on your wheels will damage the clear coat. Just a few suggestions. Can anyone else chime in on some advise? I'd hate to see another dealership get away with this.

On a good note, I just got my wheels back from Tru-wheel in north Hollywood. They stripped the anodization and repolished the lips. Looks great, although not as smooth as the anodization that the wheels came with. At night in the light at certain angles you can see brush lines in the polishing, but thats about it. It still has that beautiful mirrior finish. And in my case it was only 425 to do all four. That was including repairing my minor curb rash on one wheel.

Old 08-15-2006, 01:12 AM
I got a letter from somebody at Mackin stating that the product used did damage to my annodized lips and that they recommend using ONLY soap and water as cleaning agents.

Old 08-15-2006, 01:22 AM
Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dam... so if the product did damage ur wheels go and show them the letter... u might just get urself a new set of wheels.. good luck man

Old 08-15-2006, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by sjc1789
dam... so if the product did damage ur wheels go and show them the letter... u might just get urself a new set of wheels.. good luck man
i did give the service manager the letter and he was supposed to have a meeting with the general manager and other guy i was dealing with. so we'll see what happens. hopefully some justice will come out of it.

Old 08-15-2006, 05:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yea thats a bunch of bs. I hope that they make it right.

Old 08-15-2006, 08:51 PM
Did you pay with a credit card? If so, you might be able to contest the amount of the wheel replacement on the invoice(assuming the total bill was more that the replacement cost of the wheels!). I think you have 30 days to contest something, but you may want to check with the credit card company!

good luck....

Old 08-15-2006, 09:23 PM
no i didn't have to pay. it was work being done under warranty. unless you're talking about the wheels. i put them on my credit card but it was last year.......

Old 08-16-2006, 12:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
always swap off your Volks or other aftermarket back to OEM wheels before going to the dealership

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealership f*cked up my wheels.....!