Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 01:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ +1

Old 08-12-2006, 01:45 AM
Premier Member

Thanks for the reply...Just one more question...If we have these bags on we can't drive the car aggressive anymore correct?

Old 08-12-2006, 02:06 AM
How do we know what height to set it at? I know when you flip a switch it deflates all the way and inflates all the way...what about between? Let just say I want it at a certain rolling height...how would I know?\

Also, why would I chose this over air cylinders?

Old 08-12-2006, 06:01 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Clean G 4D
How is the ride quality from the bags versus a normal or sport spring/coilover setup?
Its a nice mixture between both stock and sport/coilover. Typically most people say that is the same as it was before. With the air bags it will go from a nice and soft over small bumps to stiff over large ones. The air spring acts as a dynamic progressive spring.

Old 08-12-2006, 06:03 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by hai109
Thanks for the reply...Just one more question...If we have these bags on we can't drive the car aggressive anymore correct?
Of course you can. We have designed the system to both look good and still performe excellent. You will not suffer performance losses with changing from an coil spring to an air spring.

Old 08-12-2006, 06:09 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by TwoK4drSi
How do we know what height to set it at? I know when you flip a switch it deflates all the way and inflates all the way...what about between? Let just say I want it at a certain rolling height...how would I know?\

Also, why would I chose this over air cylinders?
Typically you can just say hold the switch down to lift all the way up and tap it down twice for your height or what ever it takes to get to your height.

Also you can add on a dakota digital controller unit to where when you start the car it will set it to your desired height. Or they also have an auto ride controller that will have a "low, med and high" buttons for what ever you set those to.

The main advantage to running our bag system instead of an air cylinder is performance and life. With air cylinders your performance will suffer because you are removing the shocks and placing air cylinders in place of them. With the bags your just removing the coils and keeping the shocks all the way around.

Also with an air cylinder there is a moving seal inside that will have alot shorter of life then an air bag that is compressing and extending.

Some advantages that an air cylinder does have is that you can fit it into alot smaller of space. (i.e. honda's) where an air bag will just not fit properly. Also you can reverse pressurize an air cylinder to pull the wheel up off the ground.

Typically an air cylinder is the 2nd choice when an air bag will not fit or you want to "3 wheel".

Old 08-12-2006, 06:56 PM
would u b able to take turns fast and still drive fast? b/c when i get on the highway i do like 120 or more. i dont want to pop a bag and i'll b a$$ out.

Old 08-13-2006, 04:32 AM
hey guys, I found a member that has this system -jdbinspired.

Here is his thread...
http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208587

Here is the thread about this setup over on my350z
http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209619

Old 08-13-2006, 11:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
do there have to be any modifications to the fenderwell to tuck the wheels?

Old 08-13-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by universalAirSus
Typically you can just say hold the switch down to lift all the way up and tap it down twice for your height or what ever it takes to get to your height.

Also you can add on a dakota digital controller unit to where when you start the car it will set it to your desired height. Or they also have an auto ride controller that will have a "low, med and high" buttons for what ever you set those to.

The main advantage to running our bag system instead of an air cylinder is performance and life. With air cylinders your performance will suffer because you are removing the shocks and placing air cylinders in place of them. With the bags your just removing the coils and keeping the shocks all the way around.

Also with an air cylinder there is a moving seal inside that will have alot shorter of life then an air bag that is compressing and extending.

Some advantages that an air cylinder does have is that you can fit it into alot smaller of space. (i.e. honda's) where an air bag will just not fit properly. Also you can reverse pressurize an air cylinder to pull the wheel up off the ground.

Typically an air cylinder is the 2nd choice when an air bag will not fit or you want to "3 wheel".
Isn't here a possibility of popping a bag? Cylinders you can't pop right unless you make a hole in a metal cylinder right?

Old 08-14-2006, 01:33 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by hottnes35
would u b able to take turns fast and still drive fast? b/c when i get on the highway i do like 120 or more. i dont want to pop a bag and i'll b a$$ out.
Of course i wouldn't "recommend" ever going faster then the speed limit no matter what your suspension is.

However on your local racing track where you are performing those speeds there will be reduction in handing over your current suspension.

Personally i have tested them out over 100 mph and then handling was increadable.

Old 08-14-2006, 01:34 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by vipv35
do there have to be any modifications to the fenderwell to tuck the wheels?
It depends on the offset of your wheels. Now when you drop the car the wheels will camber in.

Old 08-14-2006, 01:41 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by TwoK4drSi
Isn't here a possibility of popping a bag? Cylinders you can't pop right unless you make a hole in a metal cylinder right?
of course there is a possibility to pop the bag. The chances of it are very VERY slim unless you install the system wrong or abuse it. The ways to pop the bag is for something to rub against it or over pressure trying to hop the car off the ground.

There is a few different ways to pop a cylinder. You can have something rubbing against it. Driving the vehicle too high and have them max out like a slide hammer and rip them apart. but the most common way is to have the internal seal get damaged and air blow right through it. Most common on the seals is from debits or from friction from moving up and down they will wear out.

Old 08-14-2006, 01:47 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
aside from price, why should folks consider these over Bold World/Airrunner?

The following users liked this post:
itsmrg35 (10-27-2012)
Old 08-14-2006, 02:30 PM
The Dakota digital air/height controller is a nice set-up to include with any air-suspension system. Has 3 presets buttons for low/med/high and full dump. I have the optional wire-less remote feature with my set-up. If you have a bodykit, air-suspension are great for looks and it may prevent bodykit damage, simply raise it when driving over a bump or a steep driveways. Best part, car looks cool fully dumped when parked.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Air Suspension Questions