GT-Spec Bars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by aleok
thanks for the info. do you track your car. i don't track, (since we don't have one). which do you think is better (to reduce body roll and sharpness in the turn) the GT bars or Sways? i already have a Rear strut brace, but havn't and probably won't drop the $500 on the front strut brace.
The sway bars helped me to put my car from understeer to oversteer(or More Neutral Feel) the proper way for a RWD car to be.

Some body roll.

Old 09-10-2006, 11:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the info. do you track your car. i don't track, (since we don't have one). which do you think is better (to reduce body roll and sharpness in the turn) the GT bars or Sways? i already have a Rear strut brace, but havn't and probably won't drop the $500 on the front strut brace.
I don't track the car yet, but plan to next spring. I would think sway bars would be best. I did the chassis bars first so it would eliminate all body flex and allow me to fine-tune the suspension more accurately as I build it. Front strut bar made the biggest difference for eliminated flex and roll, I think its worth the money.

Old 09-11-2006, 01:39 AM
^ good to know.

but can someone confirm that they will work with the SPC toe bolts? i can't really see how it would still fit.

Old 09-11-2006, 02:02 AM
Administrator
^ good to know.

but can someone confirm that they will work with the SPC toe bolts? i can't really see how it would still fit.
Did you look at post #9 in this thread??

Old 09-11-2006, 11:17 AM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
glex

did you see my post(28)?? what do you think?

thanks

Old 09-11-2006, 01:39 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by SFLG35
question

from the looks of your cats and rear cross bar your car sits pretty low. my rear cross bar looks a little bit worse then yours does though. do you find yourself scraping the ladder bar on everything?? from the pics it looks like the ladder bar sits lower then the cats and rear cross bar. i have been wanting to get these for a while but i already cant make it over some speed bumps without scraping. how much lower is it? do you know your ground to center of wheel well heights? mine is just under 25" in the front and like 25.5" in the rear.

what sways to you have? stillen or hotckis?? i have the hotckis on mine and they are set to med/med.

do you have coilovers or springs? what brand and rates are they?? i have tein basics

just tryin to get an idea of what you have so i can compare your results to what it would be like on my car
thanks
I have Stillen Sways set on Med/Med.
Running on Tein Basics.
My setting on the Basics right now are maybe 3 turns left on the bottom for the rear suspension. You can say I have it at almost the highest point on the coilovers for the rear.

I will try using a measuring tape and get you the info you need as far as height and lowest point in the car.

I had the rear with a 1 finger clearance from the top of the tire to the top of the wheel well. In my area I was fine but in NY when going up ramps into parking lots I would scrape so I raised it a bit more now its about 1 finger and 1/4. The front has a finger and a 1/2 clearance between the top of the wheel and the top of the wheel well.

I tried reaching you thru IM yesterday since you probably have more questions but you didn't respond back.

Hit me up on AIM and I will answer any other questions you have

Old 09-17-2006, 06:16 AM
Hey Glex, do you know the weight of the mid chassis brace??

Originally Posted by Glex25
I have Stillen Sways set on Med/Med.
Running on Tein Basics.
My setting on the Basics right now are maybe 3 turns left on the bottom for the rear suspension. You can say I have it at almost the highest point on the coilovers for the rear.

I will try using a measuring tape and get you the info you need as far as height and lowest point in the car.

I had the rear with a 1 finger clearance from the top of the tire to the top of the wheel well. In my area I was fine but in NY when going up ramps into parking lots I would scrape so I raised it a bit more now its about 1 finger and 1/4. The front has a finger and a 1/2 clearance between the top of the wheel and the top of the wheel well.

I tried reaching you thru IM yesterday since you probably have more questions but you didn't respond back.

Hit me up on AIM and I will answer any other questions you have

Old 09-18-2006, 09:05 AM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Glex25
What setting do you have your sways on?
I'm thinking now that the chassis is tighter I can with a more aggressive setting.
I'm going to try Med/Stiff on both since I notice a little bit of understeer.
I'm going to test it out a little more but I'm definitely thinking of a stiffer setting.
I have my Stillen sway bars set softest up front and stiffest in the rear. No understeer here! I initially had them set stiffest in both front and rear, but like the balance soft/stiff provides.