Tien Comfort Spec coilovers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 06:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tien Comfort Spec coilovers

Anyone tried these out yet? or even better does anyone have spring rates for these? I am looking at the Bilstien PSS setup but am considering these since they offer more adjustability and are compatible with EDFC. I am trying to get a coilover that is as close to stock as possible since my car is never going to see the track and rarely sees the canyons.

btw. I did a search and did not come up with anything

-BA

Old 09-23-2006, 02:42 PM
I've been running this setup for about a year now on stock 18's and now on stock 19's. If your looking for something relatively close to stock, this is what you want. Overall is not a bad setup, however don't expect it to perform exceptional when pushed hard, it's a good cruiser. I've already adjusted it to full hard setting (dampening) & it still feels a bit soft to me when cornering.

Only drawbacks I have are:

- noisy at times (i.e squeek in the rear when temp is cold like in the winter or when it rains)

- also sometimes you can hear light rattle sounds, like something is loose in the rear. I've checked many times & everything is secure, a shop told me this is normal for coilovers.

For a bit more I would consider the HKS LS+ if I had to choose again. Also if you don't get EDFC, it's a pain to adjust the rear dampening.

Good luck with your choice, here are some details:

Tein CS (Monotube constructionad, adjustable dampners )
Special Note: A comfort ride system compare to HKS LS.They are valved and sprung to fulfill their intended mission of offering up improved ride comfort. More specifically their valving will impact the performance they can deliver. And to add, revalving them is extremely expensive if you find they are too soft for you. If you want performance, pick a different Tein offering or pick a different brand.
Spring rates 392/392
Stiffer then oem by F+25% R15%

Old 09-26-2006, 11:50 PM
thanks man, this is exactly what i was looking for

-BA

Old 09-28-2006, 12:36 AM
also just as a follow up is anyone running the Bilstien PSS or PSS9 setup? I read a good article about them but would like to get some feedback from other users.

thanks