SPC camber kit installed, pics, 56K no

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 09:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SPC camber kit installed, pics, 56K no

I'm too busy this time of year to install the kit myself, but for the money they charged for the install, I wish I had ($600 all four corners and alignment ). No pics of the install here, but if anyone is curious about how far the hub spacers move the front wheel, here are a couple of before and after shots. Angle is a bit different, but you get the idea.

Front Before:

Front After:

Rear Before:

Rear After:

So far there is no noise coming from the suspension. My front tires are very close to the fender, but I haven't come across rubbing yet. Feedback through the suspension seems slightly dampened compared to stock. Steering feels more quick perhaps due to the slightly wider track.

Last edited by Archangel; 10-24-2006 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:16 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
did you have them dial in max caster? max caster makes the wheel pop back to center quickly. I gives a nice feel to driving, and I don't think it has any adverse wear on the tires.

Old 10-24-2006, 10:28 AM
I didn't specify it, but the steering does center faster. I think they tried to get the car aligned as close to Infiniti specs as possible, but they were so giddy about the kit, they may have tweeked it a bit. I have to go back because no matter what they say, the car is still pulling to the right. I might have them dial up the caster. I've got to do some reading and refresh my memory on how to set up a suspension.

Old 10-24-2006, 09:24 PM
nice, how much are you dropped? so having the most caster is best?

Old 10-25-2006, 08:42 AM
^RS*R 350Z springs dropped the car about 1.2 inches. It's suprising how low that makes this car.

Unfortunately my ABS and SLIP lights are on and won't go off even after disconnecting the battery last night. I think they installed something incorrectly. I have a module installed that keeps the VDC turned off and it is possible that this is keeping the ABS from reseting. The VDC is stuck in the off position and can't be turned back on. I also have something hitting hard on major bumps. Not sure what until I get the wheels off.

I love it when solutions cause further problems.

Last edited by Archangel; 10-25-2006 at 10:47 AM.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:44 AM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
well keep us informed on you situation but good luck

Old 10-25-2006, 11:27 AM
My Tires rubbed my fender couple times on the bumps and rough roads, and time to time I hear creaking noise coming from my rear side of wheel area. I went to infiniti dealer to check and they don't know what the problem is..

Old 10-25-2006, 11:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Archangel

++1 on abs problem. driving me crazy.

oh yea and my front tire is sticking out of the wheel well. not sure if it's my offsets (19x9.5 22offset). looks aggressive but seems like front sticks out more than rear. but that'll have to be determined once my car is aligned.....

Last edited by Aznteazer; 10-25-2006 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:17 AM
^RS*R 350Z springs dropped the car about 1.2 inches. It's suprising how low that makes this car.

Unfortunately my ABS and SLIP lights are on and won't go off even after disconnecting the battery last night. I think they installed something incorrectly. I have a module installed that keeps the VDC turned off and it is possible that this is keeping the ABS from reseting. The VDC is stuck in the off position and can't be turned back on. I also have something hitting hard on major bumps. Not sure what until I get the wheels off.

Make sure the ABS sensor is in the correct position and that it's close to the hub. My sensor after the install got bent just enough where is could not sense the magnetic signal thereby my ABS and the VDC would not work correctly. Try pushing the sensor a little closer to the hub and position it like in the instructions, this worked for me.

Old 10-26-2006, 10:21 AM
^Thanks for the tip, I will try that. I took the driver's side front wheel off last night and didn't see anything that looked out of place, but I was looking for the obvious.

I also looked for the cause of the knock I hear when going over sharp bumps (like a poorly maintained railroad crossing). There is no damage to the tire or inner fender lining so it isn't scrubing (which wouldn't be a knock anyway). I think the rear of the A arm is contacting the underside of the engine bay structure at a point that hangs down above the rear part of the arm. I jacked the assembly up to see how far it would go and there was no contact but the distance was only about 2-3 cm, and I imagine with the car's weight pressing down over sharp bumps, the arm could make contact.

Has anyone else run across this? Is it the amount I'm lowered (1.2") that is causing this? Installation looks correct.

Old 10-26-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by mark4x4
Make sure the ABS sensor is in the correct position and that it's close to the hub. My sensor after the install got bent just enough where is could not sense the magnetic signal thereby my ABS and the VDC would not work correctly. Try pushing the sensor a little closer to the hub and position it like in the instructions, this worked for me.
any chance of pics of the abs sensor with the adapter behind the hub?
im getting impatient with the shop avoiding me, i just wanna check it out myself. i did take off the wheel to see behind the rotors but looks ok to me. can't tell the spacing tho..

so u're saying i can actually bend the abs mount to get it closer to the hub so it can detect it?

TIA!

Old 10-26-2006, 10:55 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Do you have numbers for you toe, if the toe is too far off it may throw the slip light, not sure about the abs though

Old 10-27-2006, 03:29 PM
i think abs causes vdc and slip to go on since theres no traction control without abs.
got the car aligned as well and still light.

Old 10-27-2006, 04:28 PM
_jb
Photographer

I looked all over for a set of these springs. No one had any.

Where did you find them?

Your G looks great... Perfect drop...

Old 10-28-2006, 12:55 AM
i'm having problem with the VDC, TSP, and SLIP light also. anyone know what the point of the sensor bracket is for? can we just not use it? i'd like to see some pics also, i'll take some tomorrow, to compare.

Aznteazer- did you try the "fix" yet?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SPC camber kit installed, pics, 56K no