Dealership Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 05:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealership Problem

So anyway lets start off by stating that I have an 03 G35 purchased 5 months ago. When I purchased the vehicle I purchased a warranty RPM Tire Service Contract, which coveres like nails, slices in tires, and most importantly POT-HOLES!. Recently I ran over a huge pothole while driving back home from work. My front right rim has a deep scar, and theres a huge chunk of rubber missing from the tire. There is No Thread left on the back tire due to my driving habit. There was no racing, drifting or what so ever involved, if anything it was just punching the car with VDC off. I brought in my car for service today explaining what has happened, I told them I ran over a pothole sliced my front and rear front tires and asked if they can replace that. They stated that because I had less than 5mm of thread left in the back that I was not going to be covered on the warranty, now this gets a little better I also said that my alignment was shot due to the pothole, and i was returned with an answer- "Were sorry but in order to fix that issue you must have atleast 5mm of thread on your tires". So to make the story short the warranty is useless then? Because of my tired thread? I'am being charged 365$ for 2 Rear Tires including balancing, and another $170+ for alignment?
Also they said that the big slice in the front tire is not a safety issue and does not need to be replaced. This slice is huge im talking about a quarter of an inch in the tire sliced off the sidewall of the tire itself. Were looking at a $500 fix which wont be covered by the warranty in which i purchased it for in cases like this. Also I have a meatgrinder transmission and clicking in the back of the vehicle. They stated that they found no evidence of the transmission grinding or axles clicking and therefore does not need to be fixed. How can you fully test if your transmission is shot if you have a dougnnut on your back right wheel. This is some ****ING BULL****!! I need some help and advice please, any comments are appreciated. Thank you for reading my post.

1800-890-7211 Is the number to RPM for the tire service contract, im going to immedietly call them on monday. If others wish to aswell feel free to call them and debate with them on this issue.