Shock tower brace & front lower tie brace

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 12:27 AM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shock tower brace & front lower tie brace

For all you folks looking for a noticable improvement in steering response and turn-in, I highly recommend getting some sort of shock tower brace AND a front lower tie brace.

I installed the GTspec front and rear tie braces on my sedan several months ago and was pleased with the results of the improved steering response. Unfortunately I still felt that there was something missing.

Last week I ordered the Richie STB and installed it on my sedan several days ago. All I can say is WOW! I can throw the car into a turn and it just goes! No more side to side head bobble either. The freaky thing is that the wifey noticed too. She said, "What did you do to the car, my head isn't moving around so much", lol

I've seen reviews stating that this bar alone doesn't seem to do much but I strongly feel that it was the missing link in the front end. The combination of this bar AND the front lower tie brace make a huge difference.

I assume that you'd see similar results on a coupe.

I'm currently running stock sport shocks, front coupe springs, stock tire size (Avon M500s), and stillen sways front and rear both set to medium.

My car is a 2004 sedan 6MT

Just my $0.02

Old 02-25-2007, 05:09 AM
Any time you limit the flex of the chasis, you will get an improved steering response. Upgraded full length sub frame connectors would give you a huge difference as well.
Glad you like mods. I have chosen not to mod this car anymore since I may be trading up soon. I miss modding though and hate the sloppy handling.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:59 AM
I've also got the front and rear tie braces along with the mid chassis brace from GT spec and my car handles very well... Richies strut bar should be on my baby next week and i'll have to take here out for a spin through the santa cruz mountains to test is out.... I expect it to definately add to my driving pleasure..

Originally Posted by Vegas79
For all you folks looking for a noticable improvement in steering response and turn-in, I highly recommend getting some sort of shock tower brace AND a front lower tie brace.

I installed the GTspec front and rear tie braces on my sedan several months ago and was pleased with the results of the improved steering response. Unfortunately I still felt that there was something missing.

Last week I ordered the Richie STB and installed it on my sedan several days ago. All I can say is WOW! I can throw the car into a turn and it just goes! No more side to side head bobble either. The freaky thing is that the wifey noticed too. She said, "What did you do to the car, my head isn't moving around so much", lol

I've seen reviews stating that this bar alone doesn't seem to do much but I strongly feel that it was the missing link in the front end. The combination of this bar AND the front lower tie brace make a huge difference.

I assume that you'd see similar results on a coupe.

I'm currently running stock sport shocks, front coupe springs, stock tire size (Avon M500s), and stillen sways front and rear both set to medium.

My car is a 2004 sedan 6MT

Just my $0.02