Feeler for rear strut bar...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 12:03 AM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs up Feeler for rear strut bar...

Well my last thread was deleted for being posted in the area so hopefully this one is in the correct spot.

I am just curious as to how many members on this forum would possibly be interested in a rear strut bar for the 2003-2007 coupe. I am not sure if the sedan has the same specifications as the coupe as far as the suspension and width go, but if it does this would be for you sedan guys as well, excluding the 2007 models. I am aware that Stillen makes a rear strut bar for the coupe, but it seems as the reviews are not to great and that the bar is pretty weak. With this being said I want to produce a stronger bar that is going to help the handling of our cars through corners.

If you are interested just post on this thread so I can get an idea of how many people would be interested. Once again this is just a feeler so nothing is in production yet.

-Sean

Old 03-21-2007, 12:23 AM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
I would like to see this, how are you going to be making them buy hand or designed then produced

Old 03-21-2007, 05:57 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is something that I have already looked into and toyed with some ideas and experements. I found that there is not near as much flex comming from the rear strut tower area as one might think. After I designed the first G35 front strut tower brace, I tried to play around with the rear strut tower area seeing just HOW BIG of an improvement was made on the front. This is when I found out there is hardley any advantage in bracing the rear, most of the flex in these cars is comming from the front. That being said, and the fact that Stillens rear G STB seems to suit our structural needs for the rear just fine for only around $115 , I found that produceing these bars didn't make a whole lot of since and hardley seemed worth pursuing.

Hope I didn't take the wind out of your sails too bad.

Old 03-21-2007, 07:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i made one, its really not even noticable...

Old 03-21-2007, 07:42 AM
im interested

Old 03-21-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by wa2good
This is something that I have already looked into and toyed with some ideas and experements. I found that there is not near as much flex comming from the rear strut tower area as one might think. After I designed the first G35 front strut tower brace, I tried to play around with the rear strut tower area seeing just HOW BIG of an improvement was made on the front. This is when I found out there is hardley any advantage in bracing the rear, most of the flex in these cars is comming from the front. That being said, and the fact that Stillens rear G STB seems to suit our structural needs for the rear just fine for only around $115 , I found that produceing these bars didn't make a whole lot of since and hardley seemed worth pursuing.

Hope I didn't take the wind out of your sails too bad.
hmmm, well with that being said then i guess forget it haha, if you didnt produce one because it didnt improve much then i dont see a need to make one. What i was going to make would probably cost more than 115 anyways.

thanks for the info scott, also did you get any of my PMS about your front strut bar? I PMed you twice havnt recieved a responce.

-sean

Old 03-21-2007, 04:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i think the problem with the strillen bar is not so much the bar itself but
the area where it is bracing. wat we need is a bar that actually braces
over the rear shock towers.

Old 03-21-2007, 04:11 PM
I havnt seen the stillen installed before...what does it connect to?

-sean

Old 03-21-2007, 05:18 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Nismo G
I havnt seen the stillen installed before...what does it connect to?

-sean
https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension/83669-stillen-strut-brace-installed-review-pics-come.html

scroll to post #4 for pictures

Old 03-21-2007, 05:26 PM
I have seen those before, but i was talking about underniether the skin. The one guy in the previous post said it doesnt connect to the struts...so i was wondering what it connects to.

-sean

Old 03-21-2007, 05:38 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
I have seen those before, but i was talking about underniether the skin. The one guy in the previous post said it doesnt connect to the struts...so i was wondering what it connects to.

-sean
best i could find, lol

Old 03-21-2007, 07:15 PM
hmm, good stuff...still cant see what its attached to. Is it partially attached to the strut kind of like the vrt bar?

And where is scott..he wont answer any of my PMS, but responds to my threads..

-sean

Old 03-22-2007, 04:01 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmm, good stuff...still cant see what its attached to. Is it partially attached to the strut kind of like the vrt bar?

And where is scott..he wont answer any of my PMS, but responds to my threads..

-sean
I am here..... sorry about not getting back to you right away, I am soooo busy and back up on things right now. PM sent....

Here is another pic of the Stillen rear brace that I have installed. It does connect pretty close to the structural part around the rear upper strut mounts, ther realy isn't too many other places to atach it. Plus, this is not an area where the car is prone to flexing (like the front is) The problem with making these is that for what it is the Stillen one works pretty good, and you can not beat the price.

Old 06-17-2007, 04:08 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Would the Stillen bar work on a sedan? I'm sure tests have been for coupes, but wouldn't the sedan have more flex?

Old 03-16-2008, 12:51 AM
I'm very interested in a Richie-like rear strut bar. No logos, no stupid holes, just polished aluminum and solid attachment to the actual tops of the strut towers. I wouldn't mind paying for something like that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Feeler for rear strut bar...