Motive Powerbleeder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 09:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A follow up, I ordered the 1107 adapter with the 3 prong version...guess what, it doesn't ****ing fit properly. I'm really disappointed in this product and advise anyone looking into it to be weary.

Thanks to ApexPerformance.net for letting me purchase all this to try out (dry tests of course) and willing to accept a return. I've purchased other things from them as well and they're awesome.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:22 AM
so did anyone determine which adapter works for G35?

Old 05-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Lucino
so did anyone determine which adapter works for G35?
I've been using the Japanese universal without problems..

Old 05-03-2007, 10:15 PM
I called Motive today and the girl who works there drives a G35, she confirmed the adaptor is 1107, but it will be a tight fit. So, I'll find out when I receive my bleeder and let you know for sure.

Bythababy, what did you use to clean the bleeder? They told me something from home depot called "unnatural alcohol"

Also, did you guys do a manual bleeding after the flush?

Somebody from the bimmerforum said this - "I've found the best way is to hook up the motiv and flush like you said, using about 12 psi pressure in the bottle and never letting the pickup tube see air. Go from the RR to LR to RF to LF, then clutch if your picky (I don't do this every time). I also agree with Artic that the ABS contains a small enough amount that will likely be changed over regularly anyway, so its not going to hurt anything to avoid doing the flush twice.

The important part (to me) is to do a good manual bleed AFTER the flush. Do this by detaching the motiv, and with the master cyl nearly full, get someone to pump each wheel 5 times, hold the pedal down, open the bleed screw until nothing comes out, close bleed screw, repeat x3 for each wheel, adding fluid to the reservoir when it gets low.

I find this method gets the pedal nice and firm.

Good luck.

Oh, and a tip: don't hesitate to go overkill on how much fluid you put in the motiv - its much easier just to keep going through the process than have to top it off to make sure you're not picking up air. I usually use 3.5-4 pints and put back what I don't use."

was this necessary?

Last edited by Lucino; 05-03-2007 at 10:17 PM.