Motive Powerbleeder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Motive Powerbleeder

Has anyone ever used one of these products? I'm really interested in getting one but would like to hear some reviews first.

Old 04-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I made one myself. It was okay but getting a good seal on the MS is difficult. If it leaks, you get nice brake fluid all over.
Although it worked for me, it was slow. You can't get the same pumping speed w/ this vs pumping your own brake pedal.

I eventually went with a vacumm bleed system. Using a vacumm tester hand pump and some adaptors. Works just as good and it's faster.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:02 AM
I have the Motive Power Bleeder -- it's solidly built and works well, and I haven't had any problems getting a good seal at the master cylinder. Just make sure you have enough brake fluid in the tank before you start, or you could end up forcing air into the brake system if you don't keep an eye on it (don't ask me how I know ). It is a bit slow, but it beats having someone else pump the brake pedal over and over.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:03 AM
Snap On here

Old 04-20-2007, 11:19 PM
Ok, so I bought a Powerbleeder, tried a dry test...I have to say this product is ****ing cumbersome and stupid. Every which way I adjusted the dumb rubber gasket the pressure would slowly leak. In my opinion, it is such a poor design, the little chain and J screws...WTF? The adapter tries to fit too broad a variety of vehicles that there's no way it's going to create a perfect seal for every vehicle. I read more reviews and it sounds like this thing was really designed for BMWs, coincidently, the inventor is a Bimmer owner.

Sandman, how are you wrapping the chain and how high of a pressure are you able to sustain? After you're all done, how are you getting the adapter off? That chain doesn't want to come off easily and it's a god damn headache to twist the J screws back out so the chain will unhook.

On another note (and this may be another thread), my brake pedal pressure is just not the same anymore. When I first got the car, I could barely tap on the pedal and the brakes would pull down. I love having really sensitive and touchy brakes but ever since I started tracking/autox with hard braking, it's so spongy now. I've done everything but replace the rotors (amazingly, they're still good), installed new brake pads (race and street) and flushed the lines with ATE Super Blue. At the track I have to pump it once before going into a turn then go on the brakes so I get a decent amount of pressure. If I'm at a stop, I can force the pedal almost to the floor (pressing as hard as I can). What is causing this? Please don't tell me my master brake cylinder is leaking. I was sure I got any air bubbles out, but I'm willing to try and bleed them again.

Any help appreciated. Thx!

Old 04-20-2007, 11:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude don't over tighten the wing nuts. You just have to snug them. I always get leaks if I overtighten.

Old 04-21-2007, 04:36 AM
I just got a motive universal power bleeder and it worked great on my 240sx. Brake pedal feels better than ever. yea, just tighten the wingnuts enough to get decent pressure.

Do you have brembos? I heard the can get some air trapped in them and you need to tap them with a mallet to get the air out while bleeding. Or you may still have air in the lines. Could try bleeding again.

Old 04-21-2007, 12:31 PM
I tried testing the Powerbleeder again and I'm going to return it. I can't count how many expletives I was shouting while trying to get this stupid ****ing thing to work. I am not overtightening the screws, the gasket and reservoir opening are clean and dry. I pump to 10psi and immediately it starts to drop. I've tried every which way to adjust the adapter but it all turns out the same. This just wasn't meant to be for me, I was so hoping it would work flawlessly. Thanks for all your inputs but to everyone else, I would try to find another product if you're looking into the Powerbleeder.

Old 04-22-2007, 01:25 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have the Motive and I think it's great. A true one man flush and bleed are so easy. It litterally only takes me around 15 minutes to completely flush the system. It did take me a couple of flushes before I got the handle of it, but now it's so easy. After you set it up a couple of times you will get the feel of how you need to put on the univeral adapter. I like it better then the vaccum type of bleeders, it's easier to me. They do sell a adapter for the G35, it not listed as a Nissan part though, it's under the Ford part.

Old 04-22-2007, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by DHCrocks
I have the Motive and I think it's great. A true one man flush and bleed are so easy. It litterally only takes me around 15 minutes to completely flush the system. It did take me a couple of flushes before I got the handle of it, but now it's so easy. After you set it up a couple of times you will get the feel of how you need to put on the univeral adapter. I like it better then the vaccum type of bleeders, it's easier to me. They do sell a adapter for the G35, it not listed as a Nissan part though, it's under the Ford part.
Have you purchased and tried the 'Ford' adapter to verify that it fits?
If so, can you give specifics? 1106 or 1107? Thanks!

Old 04-22-2007, 11:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jaded
I tried testing the Powerbleeder again and I'm going to return it. I can't count how many expletives I was shouting while trying to get this stupid ****ing thing to work. I am not overtightening the screws, the gasket and reservoir opening are clean and dry. I pump to 10psi and immediately it starts to drop. I've tried every which way to adjust the adapter but it all turns out the same. This just wasn't meant to be for me, I was so hoping it would work flawlessly. Thanks for all your inputs but to everyone else, I would try to find another product if you're looking into the Powerbleeder.
I have one too, and the best way I found to get a good seal was to run the chain under the master cylinder instead of just under the reservoir. Maybe it says to do under the MC anyway, but I don't remember. I remember wasting a quart of Motul RBF600 when the seal on the thing lost under 20PSI. Grrrr! I got the hang of it now though. It is a great little helper. . .much better than the brake pumping method.

Old 04-23-2007, 12:45 PM
Yes I'd also like to know if you've actually used the 1107 adapter or just going off of what you read. If the 1107 works on the G, I will give it one more try. I think I'm going to call Motive Products myself and post the answer I get.

I wrapped the chain underneath the master cylinder itself, tightened the screws so the adapter is just snug, as soon as I started pumping I could hear it hissing out. I really had to crank down the screws to actually get pressure but like I said, as I soon as I stopped, it slowly fell.

Old 04-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I made one myself. It was okay but getting a good seal on the MS is difficult. If it leaks, you get nice brake fluid all over.
Although it worked for me, it was slow. You can't get the same pumping speed w/ this vs pumping your own brake pedal.

I eventually went with a vacumm bleed system. Using a vacumm tester hand pump and some adaptors. Works just as good and it's faster.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
it's the 1107, I tried to order it when I picked up my Motive but they were out of stock, so I didn't try it myself. If you look on the Motive site they have the Ford 1107 adapter listed as a direct fit for most Nissans and I emailed them about the G35 and they said it would work. It screws on in place of the reservior cap.

Old 04-23-2007, 09:20 PM
it's the 1107, I tried to order it when I picked up my Motive but they were out of stock, so I didn't try it myself. If you look on the Motive site they have the Ford 1107 adapter listed as a direct fit for most Nissans and I emailed them about the G35 and they said it would work. It screws on in place of the reservior cap.
Thx!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Motive Powerbleeder