hks coilovers and camber kits

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 01:11 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
camber correction kit for the f/r if you want. but that's about it.

Old 05-03-2007, 03:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tekknikal
i have hks rs.
it has 30 settings, lets say 30/30 is full stiff.
10/30 is how it comes out the box. that setting feels stock to me- maybe a little better because the car doesnt skip around as much.
15/30 is where i leave it.. feels close to stock but handles better- esp at higher speeds.
above 15/30 you really start to stiffen things up.
=

here's what i said to someone else that asked, a non-g owner but should answer your question

i also changed tires, wheels, and swaybars+bushings so i was also commenting on that to an extent.. and comparing to a few other cars...but you get the idea. hope that helps..
does the hks rs make a popping sound from the rear when you go over bumps?

Old 05-03-2007, 05:25 PM
thanks for the help everyone, i just placed an order online for the hks rs coilovers from intense motorsport. still undecided on what brand of camber kit to get. also does anyone think i will need the rear toe bolt as well if i am not planning on lowering the car more than 1.5".

Old 05-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by go coogs
thanks for the help everyone, i just placed an order online for the hks rs coilovers from intense motorsport. still undecided on what brand of camber kit to get. also does anyone think i will need the rear toe bolt as well if i am not planning on lowering the car more than 1.5".
yes, get the SPC/eibach kit for the rear, which comes with the arms and toe bolts

Old 05-03-2007, 06:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dont mean to hijack the thread but when I tried to order the RS they said they were out of stock but offered the LS for the same price. I dont see much difference (1kgf/mm higher in front than rs). He didn't specifically say LS+ and I would kinda of like the dampening adjustability. Ill have to call back to see. Any advice?

Old 05-03-2007, 07:53 PM
^ as long as there is dampening adjustability, i say go for it.

right now, i have the HKS hipermax II coilovers with 9 kgf/mm spring rates for both front and rear. needless to say, they're not stiff at all; they're really comfortable and do not bounce around. also, the dampening adjustability helps stiffen and soften the ride when i need it (soft for driving my mother lol, mid for everyday driving and hard for the backyard mountain runs). i am VERY content with them...

Old 05-03-2007, 11:58 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by cloud
does the hks rs make a popping sound from the rear when you go over bumps?
yes!! my hks coils make that popping noise from my right rear only!! any clue?? i tried everything (i think). that's probably my only gripe. two thumbs up other than that.

Old 05-04-2007, 09:34 AM
have you retorqued everything?

this could be a possible solution, even though the HKS is not a true rear coilover... might want to check it out:

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...coilover+noise

Old 05-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Mr.Bojangles86
New to coilovers and need some info. If i were to get the HKS Rs or Tein basics what else do i need. I know i will need a camber kit, so a list of items i would need to go coilovers on my g will be appreciated. Thankyou
Hello,

When you purchase coilovers, everything you need for install is included. As for the camber kit; it is always recommended that you use them on the Z and the G. For the fact that from the factory both vehicles have slight negative camber already. My PERSONAL rule of thumb is if you lower a car more then 1/2" then use a camber kit. It'll save you a ton in tires.

-Mike

Old 05-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by JC-RH
yes!! my hks coils make that popping noise from my right rear only!! any clue?? i tried everything (i think). that's probably my only gripe. two thumbs up other than that.
Hello,

The "popping" sound you hear is one of two things. In some cases the popping noise is the actually spring un-binding itself. This usually happens in the front. The way you check for it is. Have a friend sit in your drive seat with the car still. and turn the wheel end-to-end. While he is doing that look into the wheel well and look at the upper perch. You should see the spring either moving fluidly with the strut, or it'll be catching and snapping back into place. The other thing it could be is bolts on the lower perch or the bolts on the upper hat.make sure they are all tight and properly torqued. If you have done these things and the problem continues. Contact HKS or whom ever you purchased them from.

-Mike

Old 05-05-2007, 02:14 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
^--- i actually got it from you guys (intensepower) about a year ago. i had it installed professionally at a local shop. it's defenitely not that "unbinding" of the spring noise. it sounds more like a hollow thunk when going over imperfections. the other 3 corners feel/sound very solid, but not the rear passenger. does anyone have pics of under the car with specific things to check for?? thanks

Old 05-05-2007, 12:27 PM
not to intrude, but whats defined as a true coilover system?

spring over shock? rather then the rears be spring seperated from the shock?

is that even possible? to have the rears on G's with a spring over the shock?

thanks for the info!

Old 05-05-2007, 03:04 PM
no popping sound...something like a puffing sound (like air getting let out) if i let the back over a speed bump too fast.

the only problem i have is that my fronts make a ringing noise on settings 16-25 or so... not a huge deal since i like 15 and thats silent... and i only turn it up to 25-27 rarely (and thats silent too).. and dont think id drive everyday on 20 (where the noise would be)... but still..

Old 05-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by driftGT350
not to intrude, but whats defined as a true coilover system?

spring over shock? rather then the rears be spring seperated from the shock?

is that even possible? to have the rears on G's with a spring over the shock?

thanks for the info!
true coilover is with the coil "over" the shock body. it's possible and done. i think stance makes true coilover rears for our cars and the z.

Old 05-06-2007, 01:37 AM
the puffing sound is normal, zeals have it too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: hks coilovers and camber kits