G springs vs Z springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Don't guess, just look at the sticky thread.

Seriously, its all there. So far, all of the answers to your questions are in the very own thread you qouted.

As for me, can't wait to get my Tein Basic coilovers

Obviously Coilovers > Springs as long as you have the money

nobody is guessing here, and as far as ride comfort YES, i want a softer ride but a lower stance. Mine is too damn stiff stock ( 06 sport susp.) Why the hell would you want a stiffer ride for handling? Unless u actually autocross your car or your a ricer and like to fly around turns like a moron. NO, i just want a better ride. I drive normal plus the roads are GARBAGE here in jersey,potholes the size of swimming pools!!

Old 05-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by strcdan
nobody is guessing here, and as far as ride comfort YES, i want a softer ride but a lower stance. Mine is too damn stiff stock ( 06 sport susp.) Why the hell would you want a stiffer ride for handling? Unless u actually autocross your car or your a ricer and like to fly around turns like a moron. NO, i just want a better ride. I drive normal plus the roads are GARBAGE here in jersey,potholes the size of swimming pools!!
How does wanting more performance make you a ricer? Decreasing your performance just so its lower IMO makes you a ricer . With your attitude you won't last long around here

Old 05-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
If you want a softer suspension and a mile drop, then you need to get the G35 H-Techs. But if the roads are really all that bad, you don't want to drop it too low.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by redlude97
How does wanting more performance make you a ricer? Decreasing your performance just so its lower IMO makes you a ricer . With your attitude you won't last long around here
oh god here we go
Just looking for som educated info on springs thats all. Im not looking to "internet" argue here . I Thought people left that **** at honda forums when we were 17 years old. Anyway.................(Eibach G35 Coupe progressive springs 1.1”/1” drop on G35 coupe
Spring rates in LBS initial/final front 229/337 initial/final rear 274/463 )

Can someone clarify this^^^? thanks alot guys

Old 05-08-2007, 04:06 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by bassholic
^^ Even if you have the money, i want a good reason to go with coils. If all you want is a drop for looks what is the benefit in spending mor emoney?
having the ability to raise/drop your car whenever you want and to the perfect ride height. plus, if you go with just a spring setup, say goodbye to your stock shocks sooner than you wouldve thought.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:14 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by bassholic
^^ Even if you have the money, i want a good reason to go with coils. If all you want is a drop for looks what is the benefit in spending mor emoney?
I could care less about looks. Well actually I do care, but performance > looks.

Coilovers allow you to adjust your height anyway you want, and perform better than the typical spring setup.

If you call an 06 Sport suspension too stiff, no offense, but you probably got the wrong car. Maybe you should look into a dedicated luxury coupe/sedan, not a luxury sports coupe/sedan. I guess trying to improve a cars handling is considered being a ricer these days

If you wan't help, I doubt you're going to get any with the tough guy attitude.

PS. You know we're in a enthusiast forum right?

Last edited by Skaterbasist; 05-08-2007 at 04:17 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:23 PM
Mike Team350GZ
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok i read the sticky and still a little confused i think..... tein s techs for g or z will be stiffer than stock 06 sport suspension. the difference is the z springs drop it more. but both the h techs for g and z are softer than stock 06 sport suspension. again the difference is the z springs drop it more. That's what i got out of it correct me if i'm wrong.....thanks

Last edited by mike281; 05-08-2007 at 10:56 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
I could care less about looks. Well actually I do care, but performance > looks.

Coilovers allow you to adjust your height anyway you want, and perform better than the typical spring setup.

If you call an 06 Sport suspension too stiff, no offense, but you probably got the wrong car. Maybe you should look into a dedicated luxury coupe/sedan, not a luxury sports coupe/sedan. I guess trying to improve a cars handling is considered being a ricer these days

If you wan't help, I doubt you're going to get any with the tough guy attitude.

PS. You know we're in a enthusiast forum right?

oh my god your kidding me? right? Why dont we just all have our "bosses
"dissmiss us out of our cubicles and calm down and maybe we can get back to the original topic. Thanks!!

ps: No Internet "tough guy" fighter here, Just looking for info

Old 05-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Anyway.................(Eibach G35 Coupe progressive springs 1.1”/1” drop on G35 coupe
Spring rates in LBS initial/final front 229/337 initial/final rear 274/463 )

Can someone clarify this^^^? thanks alot guys
That means the springs are progressive. They start off at one spring rate and increase to the final spring rate, which is stiffer than stock. Those are front/rear rate measurements.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by mike281
ok i read the sticky and still a little confused i think..... tein s techs for g or z will be stiffer than stock 06 sport suspension. the difference is the z springs drop it more. but both the h techs for g and z are softer than stock 06 sport suspension. again the difference is the z springs drop it more. That's what i got out of it correct me if i'm wrong.....thanks
You are missing that some of the springs are progressive rates and the stiffness increases as the springs compress and some are linear, which means the spring rate stays constant.

Old 05-08-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Gilley
You are missing that some of the springs are progressive rates and the stiffness increases as the springs compress and some are linear, which means the spring rate stays constant.

aaahhhhhh ok now i get it. Man thanks alot for your time and patientce! I really do appreciate it gilley

Old 05-08-2007, 10:58 PM
Mike Team350GZ
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gilley so are the tein s tech and h techs for the z and the g going to be better performance wise than the stock sport setup if not which ones will? thanks. i almost had it haha

Old 05-08-2007, 11:16 PM
If you read the description for each set, it will tell you the spring rate and whether they are linear or progressive. Then compare the rates against the OEM rates and decide if that's what you want.

Oem springs
G35 coupes with oem 17’s & 18’s
G35 sedan’s with sport suspension
350Z’s 2003/2004
Front:314 Rear:342

Oem springs
G35 sedan's with non sport
Front: 283 Rear: 308

Oem springs
G35 coupes 2005/2006 with oem 19’s only
350Z 2004.5 to 2006
Front:314 Rear:427

Old 05-09-2007, 10:36 PM
I have a question, will the OEM 06 Z springs work on a 03 G35 coupe?

Old 05-09-2007, 11:17 PM
Yes, nothing changed between 05 and 06 on the Z's suspension.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G springs vs Z springs