Question about strut bars??? VRT or Relentless Motorsports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
XKR, you have not presented data to suggest that the ARC design is superior. If you have it(other than the subjective "feel" or anecdotal experiences of a road racer), then present it here.

Scott's design braces against motion in two planes rather than just one. I would therefore submit that his design *is* superior to any standard strut tower brace design, including ARC's. Just because one of the welds cracked does not mean the design is flawed.

Last edited by rcdash; 07-23-2007 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:27 PM
XKR
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rcdash
XKR, you have not presented data to suggest that the ARC design is superior. If you have it(other than the subjective "feel" or anecdotal experiences of a road racer), then present it here.

Scott's design braces against motion in two planes rather than just one. I would therefore submit that his design *is* superior to any standard strut tower brace design, including ARC's. Just because one of the welds cracked does not mean the design is flawed.
If its not too much of a problem...could you PLEASE show me where I said that ARC's STB is superior to Scotts STB

I asked Scott was he insinuating that his was better. No where did I say ARC was better. I said that all of them have their weak points, and with the way 90% drive their G35....they will never discover it.

So if you are going to rehash a post...please read it correctly.

Scott gave his opinion...and I gave mine..

Old 07-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by XKR
If its not too much of a problem...could you PLEASE show me where I said that ARC's STB is superior to Scotts STB
You called Scott out for insinuating his STB was better. Don't tell me you're not insinuating that very same point yourself:

Originally Posted by XKR
I feel ARC is of the highest caliber. This is why they charge so much for their products. So when someone makes a statement that their product is as good or better than an Icon in this market...I want to know how they came to that conclusion
I read it correctly. You are changing your statement and/or opinion, but hey you're entitled to correct yourself

Old 07-23-2007, 10:42 PM
XKR, just playing with you a bit man - no harm intended. I agree with you that all the STBs have strengths and weaknesses. The strengths of Scott's STB is it's superior triangulated brace design, the structural rigidity of the material used, and the location across the front of the plenum, instead of over the top.

This latter "strength" is also it's only weakness, which is that it is a PITA to install on a stock setup. It is very close to the stock MAF housing and it is not easy at all to get it to work with the stock airbox. I eventually switched out a pop charger just to take the easy way out. Of course, I knew I was going with a JWT TT kit, and I knew this STB was designed with that in mind, so I was willing to put up with the minor inconvenience. I think I posted a review of the install process in the reviews section.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:53 PM
So you are the "other" 700bb kit at Forged, eh? Sick ride man... The only quality piece missing is Scott's STB

j/k peace!

Old 07-23-2007, 11:05 PM
XKR
Originally Posted by rcdash
So you are the "other" 700bb kit at Forged, eh? Sick ride man... The only quality piece missing is Scott's STB

j/k peace!

LOL.....

Old 07-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
haha damn, one of the best debates i have read on this site so far - between scott and XKR.

Just figured i would show a couple pictures of scotts car almost getting that front passenger wheel off the ground and then a awesome shot of the car in the rain.

Old 07-26-2007, 04:39 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
very good read scott when do you think that you will start making these again and can you pm me a price

Old 07-27-2007, 04:30 PM
XKR
Originally Posted by Nismo G
haha damn, one of the best debates i have read on this site so far - between scott and XKR.

Just figured i would show a couple pictures of scotts car almost getting that front passenger wheel off the ground and then a awesome shot of the car in the rain.

NismoG...nice pictures of Scott doing his thing. I am impressed with the rain picture...

Old 07-29-2007, 07:27 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Damn..I want to go road racing so bad. Those two pics are so ****ing sexy.