Suspension Upgrades...Good Setup?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Suspension Upgrades...Good Setup?

I am about ready to place an order for suspension upgrades for my '07 Coupe and I wanted to see what people think:

Tein Basics Coilover Kit:
http://www.g35parts.com/9083/osc/pro...roducts_id=162

Stillen Adjustable Sway Bars:
http://www.g35parts.com/9083/osc/pro...roducts_id=156

SPC Rear Camber Kit and MAYBE Front Camber Kit:
http://www.6mt.net/forum/th-motorspo...our-tires.html

All for around $1344.00 shipped. Regardless of price, is this a good setup.

Thanks,
B

Old 07-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Hmm, sounds like a really sh1tty setup to me...

The following users liked this post:
_Ghost_G35 (07-08-2016)
Old 07-05-2007, 04:41 PM
Really? I was reading your reply and I wanted to see what you had or preferred until I read you have what I want to purchase! Thank you for the reply!

The following users liked this post:
_Ghost_G35 (07-08-2016)
Old 07-05-2007, 04:55 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Get the Tein Flex coilovers or the JIC suspension. Basic is decent but why not just go top of the line. Get the SPC kit for front and rear and you will be good to go.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:00 PM
Yeah, Flex are more expensive but only get them if you are going to want to be adjusting the soft and hardness of your ride. Flex are also compatible with EDFC, which is really cool.

The Basics provide a stiffer than stock ride but also allow height adjustability, not stiffness though. Unless you are really taking your car to the track, the Flex are not worth it, just my opinion.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:15 PM
G35driver Addict
i think it's a very good setup. same thing i'm wanting except i'm rethinkin the coilovers for some springs and dampers since i'm not tracking or need height adjustability. if i do ever drop my car, i'd get the spc rear kit. i also have hotchkis sways which are pretty comparable to stillen.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:22 PM
To answer your question, it is a good, great setup. You will be happy with it. While you're at it throw in a front and rear strut bar.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like a good setup to me. Been thinking about switching over to the TEIN basics coilovers as well. Flex prolly isn't gonna be best if you are just driving it on the street though, IMO. Hope the suspension works out for the best for you.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:25 PM
I also been looking at the suspension for the G. I came from riding the S-Techs on a 5th gen Maxima and actually enjoyed the comfort. I thought I would get an upgrade by going with coilovers....

I seem to be confused of what the required/different components needed to have the full setup.

What are the better options of coilvers do we have?
What is the EDFC? (what does it stand for)
What are most people riding on?
Do we need struts also we we just get the springs?
What are the components that are needed if I go with coilvers? (camber kit, sway bar, etc.)
What is the approximate cost of everything?

What do people suggest without me spending over a grand?!

Thanks to all!

Last edited by ZeRo G35; 08-02-2007 at 02:30 PM.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depends on what you're looking for. If you're just using it on the street and want a stock-like ride quality with improved handling, sounds like you've got a good setup in mind.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Is the Tein Basic a full coilover in the Rear or does it use the OEM style separate Spring and Strut configuration?

Old 08-03-2007, 01:41 AM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by ZeRo G35
I also been looking at the suspension for the G. I came from riding the S-Techs on a 5th gen Maxima and actually enjoyed the comfort. I thought I would get an upgrade by going with coilovers....

I seem to be confused of what the required/different components needed to have the full setup.

What are the better options of coilvers do we have?
What is the EDFC? (what does it stand for)
What are most people riding on?
Do we need struts also we we just get the springs?
What are the components that are needed if I go with coilvers? (camber kit, sway bar, etc.)
What is the approximate cost of everything?

What do people suggest without me spending over a grand?!

Thanks to all!
Upgrade as in not much change in stiffness but better damping control that is still in the "comfort" class?

The coilover answer to that would be Tein CS.

Other option's depend on what you want, not every product live's up to it's marketing.

EDFC= Electronic Dampning Force Controler. On purchasing the system and buying a Tien coilover than can run with it, you would have the ability to adjust the dampning of the coilovers in the car via the EDFC controler. You REALLY have to ask if you need that or if you will use in 6 months or a year after the install, only you can ahswer that.

For god sakes, avoid the popularity trap. It's a great car, you'll really want to do the kind of research that really should come along with that kind of investment. What may be popular may just be a bunch or owners that aren't as investing in the ride and drive experience as you may be.

In general most all G35 lowering springs don't lower enough or have sufficiently stiffer spring rates to cause issues. Some 350Z aftermarket springs can be a issue because of spring rates and avaliable shock piston stroke related to excess lowering.

Lower past .8 and most coupes will not come off the alignment rack being able to adjust to within oem specs. Some will only fix the rear with something like the SPC kit with camber arms and elongated toe cam bolts. Some of those same people will not fix the front because of the costs involved. So, how much it will cost will depend on how much your dropped and how badly you want to be within oem specs.

Getting sway's is up to you. IMO, equip the car with a front and rear adjustable sway bar setup that is from a brand name you trust which is selling at a price point you feel is justified.

Your total cost is in your court since IMO you have more researching that you really should do. Word to to wise, consider spending more then $1K.

Old 08-03-2007, 01:48 AM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by elrooko
Is the Tein Basic a full coilover in the Rear or does it use the OEM style separate Spring and Strut configuration?

No.

System's that don't use the oem rear spring location are rare. Z33, CPV35 and V35 setups that are true coilovers in the rear that come to mind are, Stance, Buddyclub, Agusta, Kg-mm (IMO same as the Buddyclub), D2 and K-sport. I won't touch such a setup, but doing so is up to you.

Old 08-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Gsedan35,

Thanks for your help. You did clear up a lot of information that has been boggling my mind for that past couple of weeks. Again, I am on a budget and do not want to spend so much. Yes I am looking for comfort at the same time I would like a nice drop. My ultimate goal is to not spend a lot of cash (because of budget, otherwise I would def. spend over 1 grand), nice drop, ride comfort is still somewhat good (somewhat good = not bouncing around like cut springs). What I'm worried about is if I just install lowering springs (S-Techs for an example) with no struts and any other components, will that cause a poorer comfort and poor quality of the ride and car itself. Thanks again!

TL

Old 08-03-2007, 06:05 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
I have the tein flex with edfc and love them so nice

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Suspension Upgrades...Good Setup?