BC Racing Coilover review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BC Racing Coilover review

Background of car. 2004 coupe 6mt, Vortech SC, 245/35/20 front 285/30/20 out back. Stock suspension except the new coilovers.

I was set on Tein basics but changed my mind after reading about the noises and harsh ride. For couple hundred more I got adjustability with this set.

I had the set installed, wheels balanced, alignment done and corner balanced. I've been driving on this set for about 1000 miles now. The spring rates make the car ride firmer but not harsher if you set the dampening right. I had one issue after install but was taken care of easily over the phone and email and 15 minutes in the driveway. I have my settings at 12 clicks from softest in front and 10 clicks from softest in the rear, I also purchased the rear adjustment extensions. The ride is so much better then stock. Bumps small to large are soaked up very nice. I've tried the softest setting.....way too soft, car felt floaty. On the hardest setting it was way too stiff for my liking.

My current settings give me a ride that's actually more comfortable on the bumps but with much less body roll on the turns....wish I had just a little more less body roll but nothing that sway bars couldn't fix. The car feels so much more stable and solid over bumps either in a straight line or in turns.

This is my DD so I was looking to improve the handling without sacraficing ride quality and this set has done exactly that. My only concern now is the long term quality issue, we'll see in a few more months if these still ride the same.

Old 09-10-2007, 02:57 PM
r these monotube or twin tube?

Old 09-10-2007, 04:38 PM
monotube

Old 09-26-2011, 11:16 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i recently installed a set of used bc racing coilovers and need some help!...how do you adjust the rear dampening once installed, is there something i need to drill in the trunk to use the extenders? if so, anyone got a pic of where to put the hole and how big it should be, i currently don't have the extenders to gauge this myself...also any potential problems of drilling through without removing the suspension first? i'd hate to hit the adjustment **** on the top of the strut