Do Not Buy From Wheelautothaus

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by g7x5
MODS PLEASE DO NOT DELETE THIS
I'm doing so that something may be resolved because of this. I do not want other to have to go through all of this.

Ok heres the story, I put an order for some Volk wheels around the end of May. and make a deposit for $800. And paid with paypal. Well comes around August and it about when they should be getting my rims. So over the next two weeks (Aug7-14) i make too large payments to cover the rest of the balance. At the time i'm thinking i'll be getting my rims soon. Well now Charles is saying he's waiting on Volks shippment to get there. So i gave it a week or so, Contact him again. (all contact was done through aim except for one phone call). So later one i say whats up no rims yet. Well over about a two week period he says something with his accounting department not letting him know things.

Well around end of September i say if i don't get my rims soon im gonna cancel. So he says he'll contact Volk and make sure they get them out. Well i told him too call as soon as he got that done. Which he did, from a restricted number which i didn't think anything of it. which now i think was kinda of weird. He said that Volk was gonna send out the shipment monday. And that he'll get me the confirmation number when the ship it. So i around mon, and tues if he had the number, and he's like i can't get hold of my salesman there.

So by the end of the week i say i just want to cancel and refund my money. And since i figured i didn't it paypal i figure it would be simple, just refund the 3 transactions i made. Well he says i'll let the accounting department now. Well everyday after that i ask him and he's like not sure, since the accouting department take care of it.

Well i sent them an email saying if they don't refund my money soon, i'm just going to file a claim. Well little to my knowledge there is a time limit. Which really puts me in a bad situation. So i told charles that im gonna have to file a claim with paypal we he said himself to do. Since there is a limit i could dispute any of the 3 transactions. I call paypal and see if there is any thing i can do. Well they said there is not much we can do try to contact your bank and do the claims there.

Well i went that route and only could get one of the transactions disputed.

Well all today i tried to do some digging in them, on my paypal transactions it list 1229 Inc as the business, and http://spectuned.com/ as there website. and phone 1-800-660-6672. Well i contacted this number and some guy Adrian answered, i ask him if he knew of wheelautohaus, and he said yes and i was how come on paypal, my payment went to you, he's like im not sure, and said he doesn't know and he said he was the only one there incharge i guess.

So i tried another route, i sent some tmps sensors which are on there way back now, to them a while back to 3614 W Cypress St., Tampa, FL 33607. Well i dig around on google maps trying to actual find a company. Well after some messing around i found that RZ Motoring has that address. So i found their number and called them, And they didn't know who wheelautohaus was, i figured they would even if it was the wrong address it would have been in the same area.

Well right now im short 2250.00, and am looking into having to take legal action. Also i know of one person for sure on this board who had the same problem with having to cancel his order and make a claim to get his money back.

If anyone is in a situtation like this please speak up.

Also Charles if you read this and can get this situtated i will remove this thread.
Man that stinks! Although. . .I can't help but think
"rappin ronnie reagan" when I read your post.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
It's so stupid that when a person had a bad experience, everyone ASSUMES the seller is automatically the bad guy even though sometimes **** HAPPENS PEOPLE! Stop being sheep and realize in the real world not every thing goes 100% according to plan and people mess up.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by never gone
It's so stupid that when a person had a bad experience, everyone ASSUMES the seller is automatically the bad guy even though sometimes **** HAPPENS PEOPLE! Stop being sheep and realize in the real world not every thing goes 100% according to plan and people mess up.

nah man, word of mouth is really important... when you are handling other peoples money you should have your priorities in hand. I understand something probably happened with the accounting or whatever but I think that when running a business, customer service should be the most important issue at hand. This is not to say they (wheel autohaus) dont care about their customers, but if you cant handle peoples money or run a business as simple as selling "wheels", then dont run a business. "****" doesn't usually happen and it's really unfortunate when it does!

Old 10-11-2007, 01:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your Not The Only One Having A Big Porblem With Them, They Are Trying To Rob Me Of $3500.00 For Wheels That Came Damaged To My House, Charles Seems To Be A Honest GuY, BUT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET MY MONEY BACK FOR ALMOST 6 MONTHS.

HOPEFULLY I GET IT BACK FROM MY CC COMPANY, IF NOT I WILL GO THE LEGAL WAY, AND GET MY LAWYERS INVOLVED WHO I HAVE ON RETAINER!

Last edited by mwarsh1; 10-11-2007 at 01:48 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:10 AM
Sounds like a nightmare guys. If there is anything I learned from all the years of owning my own business is DON'T SELL what you DON'T HAVE. Or if you do... make sure the customer knows what the wait time will be and to expect ANYTHING over your 'dead cost' as a deposit is simply put... BAD BUSINESS.

For anyone that has had problems. You have up to 1 year with your credit card company to dispute any and all charges. The credit card company has buildings full of attorneys to take care of shady businesses that are charging cards for products they don't have. Typically, you'll get your money back within one billing cycle. NOW.... to make sure you have them on your side, keep VERY good records. Note times and dates of all phone calls. If possible use e-mail or at least keep all your IM's. DOCUMENT EVERYTHING. After that it's easy.

How do I know that they'll credit the customer? I had a guy that bbought a $12,000.00 projector for his Home Theater in the early design stages of a major project. About 3 months into the project he FIRES his General Contractor and hires a single guy that had been working for the contractor to finish the job. Well that single guy was a FLAKE, drunken drug addict. He drug the job out for 10 months.

Fast forward... the home owner blamed ME for his contractor problems. BS I said, he signed a contract with the guy, not with me for the contract services, only for the Home Theater consulting and design, with a few items that he actually bought from me. (He already had most of it.) I get a call from AMEX one day saying he's disputing the charge on a projecter he bought a YEAR earlier!!! WTF!!! It took several phone calls and a 36 page fax of all his e-mails and our original agreement and they told him he was out of luck. In the meantime, I had 3 weeks of sweating out whether or not they were going to make me give back the twelve grand!

In the end... just call it a lesson learned. Thank God that I've always kept good records. Those will save your rear one day, and certainly did mine.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Well this sucks to hear cause i got good service from charles when i got my racing harts.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i didnt deal with them but from what you guys are telling me i dont think i want to either. and who ever says its not always the dealers fault their probably right but when it comes to spending over 2 grand on rims and then people act shady about it who else are you going to blame besides the person you sent your money too.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Damn that sucks. I hope you are able to get this resolved.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:56 AM
hahaha some people are just plain azzholes you guys keep bashing charles and in fact it is the business that is screwing you not him. he will bend over backwards to give good customer service but he can only do so much cause hes not the owner. I see too many people buying offline to save a couple hundred dollars but then turn around and have to deal with shipping that turns in to a nightmare or something happens and you dont get your product when you were supposed to. deal with a local shop and you will run in to the same problems every once in awhile its just part of owning a business cant please eveyone. sorry to hear that you have had to wait so long to get this resolved but he will take care of it.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:35 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
you guys all fail to realize that its nothing that the vendors have control over. mackin controls when shippments will get to the US and when they will ship them out to the retailers. makin waits for containers to be filled before they get on the slow boat from japan. then it takes a month to get here. they mackin wont ship unless you fill a pallet.

trust me it sucks that mackin is the only company that brings volks into the US. i have been in the same situation that charles has been in and there is not much you can do about it but sit and wait. anytime you order wheels that arent instock they are considered special order and are noncancelable and nonrefundable.

i had one of my customers wait 120+ days for his volk ce28n's and they whole hold up was sh!tty mackin. theres just nothing you can do about it.

i feel sorry for the buyer and maybe charles should have told him about the wait, if he did i dont know, but there is really nothing you can do. mackin controls it all

Old 10-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Guys In know means this is not the customers fault. He orders the wheels(WheelAutoHaus) couldn't deliever the product. I am sorry but it was out of my hands. I have alot of satisfied customers on G35driver. I do my 100% best to make every customer have a great buying experience. No company is perfect. I have over 15 forums I sponsor I have seen it all. Trust me when I say this no wheel company is perfect. I have been selling wheels for 12 years since I was 19 years old. No means is this an excuse at all for what happened.

Thanks
Charles
1-800-766-0866

Old 10-11-2007, 05:12 PM
_jb
Photographer

Originally Posted by SFLG35
i had one of my customers wait 120+ days for his volk ce28n's and they whole hold up was sh!tty mackin. theres just nothing you can do about it.
I'm the guy with the CE28N's... the wait was excruciating... much happier when my shiny wheels showed up...

Most of the problem getting Volk wheeks does rest with Mackin/Volks, like Dan (SFLG35) said... they are not very communicative... I remember wondering what the hell kind of company runs a business this way... It might help if they had some real competition in the United States.

I'm not sure what financial dealings the two people in this thread had, but I know it is difficult to find out where your new Volks are until they arrive at your door!

For the record, no company likes to return money... every company makes it hard to get your money back.

Two questions for wheelautohaus:

How long has it been since g7x5 paid for the wheels?

What is the status of the wheels now? Have your Distributor inquire with Mackin and find out where they really are. Chances are that g7x5 will be happy once he gets his wheels.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:11 AM
This really isn't Charles' fault, it's more of the business/other people involved fault. They couldn't decide whether the wheels were coming or stuck at the warehouse. So after waiting since may 29 for wheels i decided to cancel and just go another route, or just spend the money on something else. The payments where done through paypal so it shouldn't have been that hard to refund the money. Again this isn't Charles' fault. It's like someone said above this isn't good business practice.

Old 10-14-2007, 12:24 AM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
I've heard from my local wheel shop that Mackin' Industries don't control the shipment of the wheels. It's them that orders the wheel and then it's the Volks Racing in Japan that fabricates, boxes, and ships the wheels to Mackin'. I've also heard that Volks Racing only ships their wheels every 3 months or so. This is because they want to fill up the orders and ship a certain amount of wheels at the same time to reduce the shipping rate. One can pay extra to get them shipped much quicker, but the shipping will be outrageous.

I do not know if these facts are true or not, but that is what I've heard from the owner of the wheel shop.

Old 10-20-2007, 04:48 AM
I'm the other guy that G7X5 referred to in his original post. I was lucky b/c my bank credited my account and is doing the legal wrangling...I'm sure a big bank has more leverage than an individual.
Here's my problem with how this all went down. I'm fine with putting down a deposit but to say that it's landed in the US/California and coming to his place in a week and asking to collect the rest of the payment and then hearing the same story for over a month or not getting any response back at all? I don't care how nice of a guy you are, you just took $3450 from me and I got jack.
If Mackin controls the shipments, then the retailer should well know that they shouldn't make promises until its in their hands and ready to ship. It's a poor practice to take payment and then ignore the customer regarding their inquiries about the status or when they'll get a refund because it's out of their hands. Take ownership and treat people right and get it fixed for them. Don't pass the blame to some dept that I've had no contact with or have no way of contacting. I realize Charles is caught in the middle but if it makes anything better, I blame wheelautohaus and won't ever go back.
Granted, I 'm stupid as well for giving up the money based on some perceived trust based on a business' reputation/feedback on a forum and 5 minute phone conversations or paragraph communiques via PM.

Customers: HOLD ONTO YOUR MONEY UNTIL THEY HAVE IT IN THEIR POSSESSION AND READY TO SHIP!
Dealers: Don't bother asking for the money until you have it.

I hope that G7X5 gets his money back soon. It's hard to save up your money and wait for 3 months only to get disappointed and start from square one again. Then there's waiting to get your money back (hopefully) so that you can start an order again. SUCKS.
It was a tough lesson for me but I was fortunate.

Last edited by fred35; 10-20-2007 at 04:52 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do Not Buy From Wheelautothaus