...coilover blues...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...coilover blues...

i have a delima guys.....my recently installed BC coilovers have been squeeking , creaking, and just a pain on my ears......every little bump , down a hill, or just running in L.A.'s freeways are causing major noise issues....... i've had some other friends ride in my G and they also feel the noise and sqeeking/thumps is a bit excessive.....!!.....i do understand that any sport coilovers will rub a bit and cause some rattles here and there, but mine is overkill......i almost dont like riding in my G as much anymore...!!

so i'm making another drive down to Street Image to have em take a look at em........i'm just wondering if there's something i can buy or have em install , to cut down on the rubbing noises i'm experiencing....? oh yeah, the majority of the problem is coming from my rear coilovers and not too much in the fronts.......

i've heard there are "isolation pads" available that when used with after market coilovers , will help reduce the noises i'm experiencing....?? if so, where can i get these pads......??

thaxs for any input you guys can give....!!

Last edited by chance2u; 11-24-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:02 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
make sure they put the oem rubber mounts that goes on each end of the springs...if they are brand new it may take sometime for them to break in

Old 11-29-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by chobble19
make sure they put the oem rubber mounts that goes on each end of the springs...if they are brand new it may take sometime for them to break in
yeah i'll definately make sure their mounted on with the oem rubber mounts when i bring in my G to Street Image tomorrow.....will give you guys an update as to how the visit goes.......fingers crossed....!!

Old 12-01-2007, 04:56 PM
well , glad to report that my coilover noise issue has been resolved after taking my G back to Street Image, they added some rubber pads/bushings to the bottom perch where the springs lie and nuff said......No more clunking, rattles and creaks what so ever now during slower speeds....!!....YaY and nil sound effects at high speeds.