car swerves under hard acceleration!? HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 05:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
car swerves under hard acceleration!? HELP!

so when i get onto the free way or anything and i start getting on the gas, i start to feel the car weeve back and forth, forcing me to let off the gas. i really have no idea wat it could be, to give you some specifics, my car has 63xxx miles, stillen sways, 20" s-22's
if anyone has any ideas what it could be please shed some light... im going to get the car in the air and check for anything loose asap

Old 12-05-2007, 05:22 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
is this a serious question?

Old 12-05-2007, 05:22 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
that's new

was there a smell of burning rubber?

Old 12-05-2007, 05:33 PM
no, this is not from the rear, i should have stated, its the front of the car swerving, my steering wheel rotates back and forth

and no, my tires arent spinning

Old 12-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Hmm...i wish you would have told other day when you stopped by..Sound like it could be the front rotor, if not perhaps bad alignment which i doubt. Btw you do have hub rings installed on your wheels right?

Old 12-06-2007, 08:36 AM
If it happens under acceleration, it sounds like a control arm issue.. During acceleration the front lifts (rear squats) and maybe the geometry gets the better of you/car.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:05 AM
i have a feeling its my front sway bar, because thats the closest feeling i can relate it to... having no sway bars at all.

last night i went from a light full throttle, once im getting traction and start pulling it begins to slightly swerve, if i stay on the gas it will get more violent, but i can counter it with steering.. it feels like im steering some 6second drag car and cant stay in groove.. i gues its just that fast!

i should be getting my coilovers installed within the next few days, il be sure to figure out the problem when its in the air then

Old 12-06-2007, 11:28 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
control arm and tie rod gave me the same feeling in an older car i had ..

sways wouldnt make it swerve unless theyre warped ..

im guessing ..

Old 12-06-2007, 12:08 PM
so what should i look for if it is the control arm and/or tie rod? if they were broken the car wouldnt ride at all, but if im cruising at 100mph it feels fine.
so what would the issue of the control arm be? cracked? or what?

Old 12-06-2007, 12:22 PM
It's time for a dealer visit.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:39 PM
my car isnt what i would like to call.. under ANY warranty.. mileage, year, modifications.. ya im past warranty in just about every way. and im not about to bend over for them when i can just replace parts with better than oem

Old 12-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SilviaVsSupra
my car isnt what i would like to call.. under ANY warranty.. mileage, year, modifications.. ya im past warranty in just about every way. and im not about to bend over for them when i can just replace parts with better than oem
When you install your coilovers, peep under there and inspect and pull on all suspension componentry. Tighten anything that may possibly loose to the correct torque specs, and if it still doesnt solve the issue, I say you take it to a reputable shop and have them inspect it/drive it and see what they say is possibly the problem. Good luck papa

Old 12-07-2007, 09:59 PM
well i installed my coilovers tonight and i didnt see anything suspicous.. i gues the best i can hope for is that maybe a shock or spring went bad.. i cant drive the car til tomorow, i have to go get new lug nuts.. but otherwise i havent gotten any progress of the swerve.. il try to take some vids of it

Old 12-10-2007, 01:01 AM
well i got to ride the new coilover setup.. feels good, but i still have the wobble.. but now its more precise... the only thing left it could be is this..
when i was under the front right side suspension, the ball joint on the control arm (front right side) was a bit loose feeling.. i didnt notice it by looks, i noticed it by when i went to tighten it back, it would spin in place. i simply squeezed the two parts together and tightened the bolt simeltaneously.. easy.

without thinking that, that might be the problem, i didnt inspect any further.. im really not sure how it would cause such a weird feeling in the drive. im driving down to palm beach performance Z tomorow hopefully.. but does anyone else see how just a bad ball joint could be the source of my swerves?

Old 08-21-2008, 09:32 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
so what ever came of this... i got a slight wobble in my front driver side... dumbasses told me it was a bent wheel and i know its not that..i just had them refinished and fixed the rash on them..... and i got brand newish pilot sports....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: car swerves under hard acceleration!? HELP!