06 350z springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 03:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 350z springs

i have a chance to buy a set of springs off a 2006 350z touring edition, I already am equipped with the stock sport suspension package. first would the springs fit?, if yes how much lower would my car be once installed, and whats the most i should pay for them?

Thanks for the input
Happy New Year

Old 01-02-2008, 04:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes they will fit. And the drop wont be anything crazy search it. Ill sell you some unreviesed 350z springs for 40 plus shipping

Old 01-02-2008, 06:51 AM
..... I WIN .....

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I just installed revised springs on my 03. Lowered the car 1 inch all around. I paid $80 for the springs.

Last edited by NathanJax; 01-02-2008 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:59 AM
I got the full set-up - Spring/Shocks from a 2006 Z from the dealership for $100.00. Everything is a direct swap and you won't be dissapointed in your purchase.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:59 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just removed D-Specs and 350Z springs. I got a decent drop on the front but nothing in the rear. Some members got a drop in the rear as well but mine never settled on the coupe. I think $50.00 for the OEM Z springs is the avg. If you can do the install yourself or get it done for you cheap, I think it's a good mod to try and relatively inexpensive.

Old 01-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by JfromTheBay
i have a chance to buy a set of springs off a 2006 350z touring edition, I already am equipped with the stock sport suspension package. first would the springs fit?, if yes how much lower would my car be once installed, and whats the most i should pay for them?

Thanks for the input
Happy New Year
You may have the sport suspension, but you still don't have rear shocks that can deal with a 25% increase in spring rate.

Your best bet is to avoid revised oem Z springs and buy unrevised oem Z springs, you'll get the same 1" drop on the sedan and springs that have the same spring rates as your oem springs do. Hint,....$40 is a excellent price

Originally Posted by VQ Hotness
I'll sell you some unreviesed 350z springs for 40 plus shipping

Old 01-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by Gsedan35
You may have the sport suspension, but you still don't have rear shocks that can deal with a 25% increase in spring rate.

Your best bet is to avoid revised oem Z springs and buy unrevised oem Z springs, you'll get the same 1" drop on the sedan and springs that have the same spring rates as your oem springs do. Hint,....$40 is a excellent price
Okay, this is interesting, I have sorta been shopping for Z springs and thought I was looking for revised, but it sounds like you're saying if I do that, I need the shocks, too. If the spring rate is so much higher, is that also going to make for a super-stiff ride?

Old 01-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by SwivelMan
Okay, this is interesting, I have sorta been shopping for Z springs and thought I was looking for revised, but it sounds like you're saying if I do that, I need the shocks, too. If the spring rate is so much higher, is that also going to make for a super-stiff ride?
Why do you want revised Z springs over unrevised Z springs?

They unrevised springs give you what your after at the lowest cost since your able to keep the oem sport shocks in play.

The stiffer rear springs on the revised setup do little to impact ride quality, getting shocks that won't be underdampned will however since they are stiffer then oem sedan sport shocks. Just to say it, the stiffer rear springs does change at the limit behavior. You'll find that the throttle is more sensitive where you'll need to hold off on how soon you roll into the throttle as cornering loads ease.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
What about if I have the NON-sport suspension, would i still get a safe drop with OEM Unrevised 350Z springs? And if so, where I can I get these cheap?

Old 01-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Why do you want revised Z springs over unrevised Z springs?

They unrevised springs give you what your after at the lowest cost since your able to keep the oem sport shocks in play.

The stiffer rear springs on the revised setup do little to impact ride quality, getting shocks that won't be underdampned will however since they are stiffer then oem sedan sport shocks. Just to say it, the stiffer rear springs does change at the limit behavior. You'll find that the throttle is more sensitive where you'll need to hold off on how soon you roll into the throttle as cornering loads ease.
Exactly what I needed to know, thanks!! I had only read that the unrevised had 'problems' and was not aware of the greater spring rate. If unrevised work best with my stock sport shocks, sounds like that's the way to go.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Here's a few more questions:

1) What about if I have the NON-sport suspension, would i still get a safe drop with OEM Unrevised 350Z springs?

2) How much will the 350Z unrevised springs drop a 2003 Coupe

3) Where I can I get these cheap?

I didn't find any of this info in the sticky.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by VQ Hotness
Yes they will fit. And the drop wont be anything crazy search it. Ill sell you some unreviesed 350z springs for 40 plus shipping

shipping to 11710 thanks!!!!

Old 01-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by Mr Inkredibul
What about if I have the NON-sport suspension, would i still get a safe drop with OEM Unrevised 350Z springs? And if so, where I can I get these cheap?
With all the take about sport on non sport, it's important to mention that their is a differance between a non sport coupe and a non sport sedan. A non sport coupe has shocks that are valved very close if not the same to sedan sport shocks. That being said, yes unrevised oem Z springs on a non sport coupe would be fine. It's not a safety issue, but a behavioral issue, you would not more spring then the shocks can deal with, again in your case your fine. Best place to look for the springs is on my350Z and here in the classified section. Be VERY carefull about what oem Z springs you buy, seek out 03/04 cars and get the seller to tell you the color of the dots stamped on the rear springs, I know you want to avoid the light purple dot and light blue dot.

Hope that helps and isn't info overload.

Old 01-04-2008, 01:40 PM
With all the take about sport on non sport, it's important to mention that their is a differance between a non sport coupe and a non sport sedan. A non sport coupe has shocks that are valved very close if not the same to sedan sport shocks. That being said, yes unrevised oem Z springs on a non sport coupe would be fine. It's not a safety issue, but a behavioral issue, you would not more spring then the shocks can deal with, again in your case your fine. Best place to look for the springs is on my350Z and here in the classified section. Be VERY carefull about what oem Z springs you buy, seek out 03/04 cars and get the seller to tell you the color of the dots stamped on the rear springs, I know you want to avoid the light purple dot and light blue dot.

Hope that helps and isn't info overload.
Thanks...how much will the non-sport coupe be lowered on UNREVISED 350Z springs?

Old 01-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Oh and the oem un revised 350Z springs are stiffer correct?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 06 350z springs