If you have camber problems in the front. Look Here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 11:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you have camber problems in the front. Look Here

I keep hearing from G owners that the camber is really bad in the front even without being lowered. I actually put on new tires and they lasted me 5k, and that is regular driving. I talked to dealer about it and he said there is nothing he can do, but he also said that if enough people complain Infinity will make a recall. I know there is camber kits out there but I don't feel like spending $900(Stillen). So if you guys can, go to BBB Auto Line in search engine or follow this link all you have do is just tell them what car you drive and the issues you are having it takes like 10 minutes. Thanks!!

https://www.auto.bbb.org/scripts/cgi...toline/first.w

Last edited by coolbratva; 02-09-2008 at 11:36 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:24 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by coolbratva
I keep hearing from G owners that the camber is really bad in the front even without being lowered. I actually put on new tires and they lasted me 5k, and that is regular driving. I talked to dealer about it and he said there is nothing he can do, but he also said that if enough people complain Infinity will make a recall. I know there is camber kits out there but I don't feel like spending $900(Stillen). So if you guys can, go to BBB Auto Line in search engine or follow this link all you have do is just tell them what car you drive and the issues you are having it takes like 10 minutes. Thanks!!

https://www.auto.bbb.org/scripts/cgi...toline/first.w
have you had the car aligned recently? I can go over 5k with -2.5 camber (about a full degree more than stock) and still have plenty of tread left. I gaurantee your toe is out of spec if your tires are toast at that rate. And its a well known fact that the G's have tire feathering issues. There are camber kits that are better than stillen for under half that price so it's not like stillen is your only choice.
-GP-

Old 02-10-2008, 12:29 AM
Originally Posted by Gdup35sedan
have you had the car aligned recently? I can go over 5k with -2.5 camber (about a full degree more than stock) and still have plenty of tread left. I gaurantee your toe is out of spec if your tires are toast at that rate. And its a well known fact that the G's have tire feathering issues. There are camber kits that are better than stillen for under half that price so it's not like stillen is your only choice.
-GP-

I got the alignment checked twice. It is fine it is just the inside of the tire and all the other part of the wheel is like brand new.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:40 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
6MT Brembo Coupe
Hmmm...interesting. I have 32k on my original Michelin PS's and they look perfect. I still have about 70-80% tread on them.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:41 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
6MT Brembo Coupe
BTW Grant, thanks again for the alignment on the Benz. It's perfect!

Old 02-10-2008, 01:07 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Originally Posted by coolbratva
I got the alignment checked twice. It is fine it is just the inside of the tire and all the other part of the wheel is like brand new.
who said the alignment is fine? The dealer? Did they give you a print out with the specs?? Because if they didnt, i wouldnt trust em as far as i can throw em.

Another problem is that you have Bridgestone Potenza RE040's on your car... those are probably one of the worst tires Bridgestone makes and they arent meant to last long, that's why they are OE on alot of performance cars (I work for Bridgestone so i know everything about every tire they've ever made, and had atleast 5 different sets of Bridgestones on my car)
-GP-

Old 02-10-2008, 01:09 AM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
yup, mine looked just like that picture above. Although i've put about 15k miles, which isn't all that bad. I know it could be better, and it should be better.

...but h*ll, i'll fill out the form.

EDIT: ehh crap....they're asking for too much information, i've changed my mind.

Last edited by Deezflip; 02-10-2008 at 01:11 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:10 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Originally Posted by Deezflip
yup, mine looked just like that picture above. Although i've put about 15k miles, which isn't all that bad. I know it could be better, and it should be better.

...but h*ll, i'll fill out the form.
what kind of tires do you have?
-GP-

Old 02-10-2008, 01:14 AM
what kind of tires do you have?
-GP-
I had the Yokohamas AVS ES100...rear tires wore out all evenly though.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:16 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Originally Posted by Deezflip
I had the Yokohamas AVS ES100...rear tires wore out all evenly though.
You can always flip the tires side to side, you'll get twice the life out of them that way. You just have to catch the wear and make sure you dont go bald on the inside edge before you flip em.
-GP-

Old 02-10-2008, 01:20 AM
You can always flip the tires side to side, you'll get twice the life out of them that way. You just have to catch the wear and make sure you dont go bald on the inside edge before you flip em.
-GP-
yep, going to try that next time.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im still stock height, have Michelin PS also and have 75% tread left and been rolling for about 25k miles with no probs at all

Old 02-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by Sponger
Hmmm...interesting. I have 32k on my original Michelin PS's and they look perfect. I still have about 70-80% tread on them.
I guarantee you that's not true unless you bought the car used and the previous owner put a camber kit on the car.... and probably even put on a new set of PS tires(assuming that you weren't the original owner, of course). Even with a camber kit from day one, there's no chance you have 70-80% tread left at 32K miles on the original Michilin PS tires. Most people are lucky to get 20-25K out of them before they're basically bald or at least the inner edge is.

I got about 27K out of mine an they were ridiculously cupped on the inner edge of the front.

Make sure you turn your steering wheel all the way to the side and then look at the whole tire when you're evaluating the tires on the car.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:15 PM
who said the alignment is fine? The dealer? Did they give you a print out with the specs?? Because if they didnt, i wouldnt trust em as far as i can throw em.

Another problem is that you have Bridgestone Potenza RE040's on your car... those are probably one of the worst tires Bridgestone makes and they arent meant to last long, that's why they are OE on alot of performance cars (I work for Bridgestone so i know everything about every tire they've ever made, and had atleast 5 different sets of Bridgestones on my car)
-GP-
I had yokohoma before and they did better than bridgestone but still did the same thing. dealer didn't give me anything but the steering wheel does not pull left or right the car goes straight forever and it just gets the inner of the tire bald and not the rest of the tire because if my alignment was off then my whole tire would be bald.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man ive had my toyo t1-r since august and the rears are already gone. I had alignment done and the specs were right after i saw it and i had a camber kit in the rear. It had inside wear and the inside went bald and i just recently flipped them....gonna try to get most of it i can before i order some new rears

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: If you have camber problems in the front. Look Here