R1 Concepts Inc. rotor feedback

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 12:31 PM
ELE
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by redlude97
Those must be some magic rotors if they've never had a spec of rust. The surface of any rotor should rust as soon as it contacts water. However this is easily scrubbed away by the brake pads after the first application

+2, i love how he hated R1 product so much becuz he got hung up by one of the stuff,

bad service doesn't equal bad product~

Last edited by ELE; 03-07-2008 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:15 AM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by rwcblkcoupe
Hey.. my 2 cents. I led a group buy on these in 07'. Yes the "premium" rotors did rust very quickly... this i do have issues with.. However. I have heard from others that they painted the hub and holes/slots with high temp flat black (when first bought) and had no problems.. this being said... I have been pleased with there performance thus far. However.. i would suggest some Centric rotors over these.. they are pretty inexpensive also and made better. Not slamming R1 however many people have had problems.
From what I have read, the rotors sold by R1 are made by Centric.

Old 03-08-2008, 12:21 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 458 Likes on 237 Posts
Originally Posted by ELE
+2, i love how he hated R1 product so much becuz he got hung up by one of the stuff,

why dont you read the whole thread, you would see that it was more than one guy hanging up on me.

Old 03-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by ELE

These rotors are cheap chinese steel blanks that will develop hotspots...but if your life is worth buying cheap parts then more power to you. I spent a little more for a product that has been tested and is backed by a company that has an actual warranty.

Old 03-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by g35rcr
These rotors are cheap chinese steel blanks that will develop hotspots...but if your life is worth buying cheap parts then more power to you. I spent a little more for a product that has been tested and is backed by a company that has an actual warranty.
I've had these for over a year, and no hotspots. On the other hand, I've had a dealership change brake rotors on my previous car and the ones they put on developed hot spots within a couple months. Go figure...

Old 03-08-2008, 10:10 PM
ELE

u sound like u really know their stuff huh!~~ any proof? many ppl using their product without a single problem beside only their poor service...... so plz dont' act like u know everything

Old 03-10-2008, 12:47 PM
What did you buy? I am open to options.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:51 AM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
R1's here, Rainy humid SFL weather... I don't get any abnormal rust on the rotors, maybe a little bit after the rain but that goes away after 10 seconds of driving, but wayy less than was on my stockers.... you people complaining are ridiculous.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:04 PM
If you go to the R1 website and then go to the Centric website (the same company who is known for making high quality rotors and also owns Stoptech and PowerSlot) and then go to the Centric website, you will notice they are the same rotors.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 5150DS
If you go to the R1 website and then go to the Centric website (the same company who is known for making high quality rotors and also owns Stoptech and PowerSlot) and then go to the Centric website, you will notice they are the same rotors.
true. my brake supplier deals with both, and yes its the same. centric is really good. they make the posi-quiet pads. which i use at work and have yet to have a come back or complaint on them.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:18 PM
I have the standard drilled rotors on since November. About 6000 miles no rust very little dust. Yes my wheels are clean now. Good stopping power. I had to do a panic stop a couple weeks ago from 70 mph to 0. straight and couldn't be shorter distance.

Old 04-14-2008, 02:36 PM
I bought the Premium rotors about a month ago with posi quiet semi metallic pads. Normal braking feels as good as stock; I haven't had to do an emergency stop. The posi quiet semi metallics give off alot of dust, but feel fine otherwise. I pre painted to rotor surface with 900 degree paint to cover the drill/slot; no surface rust yet. I also painted my calipers black and put silver Infiniti stickers on them. Overall I am very happy with my purchase.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:22 PM
I've had their preium rotors for over a year now with the Posi Quiet pads (about 14000 miles so far) with no major problems at all. I've found the Posi Quiet pads to give off very little dust comparerd to the stock pads. There is a minor rust isue but I,m pleased with their rotors perfomace.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by 5150DS
I bought the Premium rotors about a month ago with posi quiet semi metallic pads. Normal braking feels as good as stock; I haven't had to do an emergency stop. The posi quiet semi metallics give off alot of dust, but feel fine otherwise. I pre painted to rotor surface with 900 degree paint to cover the drill/slot; no surface rust yet. I also painted my calipers black and put silver Infiniti stickers on them. Overall I am very happy with my purchase.
Can you post pics ?
I want to see how it looks =)

I CALLED OC AUTOSPORTS.
$154 IS THE ROTORS SET: FRONT AND BACK, NOT BAD.
BUT IF U WANT A BLACK OU GOLD ZINC COAT. THEY CHARGE 30 MORE =)
BUT STILL NOT BAD .. IMMA GET THOSE AND POSI QUIET PADS =POMO

Old 07-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
I bought a set of rotors and pads from R1...for my F150 FX4 though. They work great.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: R1 Concepts Inc. rotor feedback