R1 Concepts Inc. rotor feedback

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts
R1 Concepts Inc. rotor feedback

I am looking for feedback from owners of R1 Concepts brake rotors. I want to hear from people who owned them, what model (i.e. E-line or Premium), how many miles, what brake pads you are running, and what your feeling about performance and quality are. I am not looking for responses from people who see a low price and automatically think they are crap. I am looking to buy these and want the most constructive comments possible.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:30 PM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
i've read a few threads on these R1 rotors and from what I read even their top of the line zinc coated items that are supposed to be RUST PROOF managed to rust within days for one member. So yea chalk it up to one more getting what you pay for

Old 03-06-2008, 10:58 PM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
Old 03-06-2008, 11:41 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 457 Likes on 237 Posts
you beat me to it Mike.

Do not buy from them. Their product sucks and they are idiots....read the whole thread above!

Buy from www.ocautosports.com

Old 03-06-2008, 11:56 PM
ELE
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Adon
i've read a few threads on these R1 rotors and from what I read even their top of the line zinc coated items that are supposed to be RUST PROOF managed to rust within days for one member. So yea chalk it up to one more getting what you pay for

these rust will occur even with the top brand, metal is a metal, Heres' wat i did~, i use some high heat resistant black paint spray all over the rotor before u install onto ur ride, then u r set~these had been discussed before....very nice looking and performance gain, very noticeable from stock rotor~ and i used HPS pad, very nice braking~~,,i was jumping from stock rotor and stock pad, to R1 rotor and HPS pad, u will love the gain i promise,

but if u choose drilled and slotted, there is always a chance to crack, so keep ur eyes on it , and if u tracking a lot, i prefer u getting a better one^^ this is only good for daily driver who is sticking with stock brake , with some better performance and look~~^^

here is some picture

for more picture :https://g35driver.com/forums/picture-share/206585-t1s-20-w-nismo-side.html

Last edited by ELE; 03-07-2008 at 12:05 AM.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:06 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
not that bad

Hey.. my 2 cents. I led a group buy on these in 07'. Yes the "premium" rotors did rust very quickly... this i do have issues with.. However. I have heard from others that they painted the hub and holes/slots with high temp flat black (when first bought) and had no problems.. this being said... I have been pleased with there performance thus far. However.. i would suggest some Centric rotors over these.. they are pretty inexpensive also and made better. Not slamming R1 however many people have had problems.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:10 AM
I am just looking for the look and never race my car. In regards to rust, every time I clean my wheels with wheel cleaner my stock rotors rust from the corrosive cleaner. As for rain, it maybe rains one week out of the year in the desert and the humidity is low except for about one month a year. I am mostly making sure they do not crack or warp easy. If there are problems with customer service, as there was in the above listed thread, I might not buy from them. But in the thread I saw one of their reps apologizing for the problem and one guy said they did right by coating his brakes with a zinc coating for free. That sounds like pretty good customer service to me, but I was not the one on the receiving end of the bad service.

Last edited by 5150DS; 03-07-2008 at 12:12 AM.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:46 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 457 Likes on 237 Posts
my rotors from oc autosports have never had a spec of rust and I have had them through 2 rainy seasons

Old 03-07-2008, 01:22 AM
ELE
Originally Posted by sxexcx
my rotors from oc autosports have never had a spec of rust and I have had them through 2 rainy seasons

Wa..~ ocautosports, these must be serious top made rotor~ , cuz even those expensive rotor out there in the market will still rust~ but urs' doesn't , im very surprise^~.....rust on rotor are very common~~..read :https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...light=R1+rotor

Old 03-07-2008, 01:27 AM
ELE
Originally Posted by ELE
Wa..~ ocautosports, these must be serious top made rotor~ , cuz even those expensive rotor out there in the market will still rust~ but urs' doesn't , im very surprise^~.....rust on rotor are very common~~..read :https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...light=R1+rotor

PS: one person in the company hung u up doens't mean their product suck~, when i ordered online, they didn't gave me tracking number, then i called them about this, and there is a guy said he would find out why there was no one sending me a tracking number, and this random dude, called me back in 10 mins, and make sure i got the number on the mail~ so i guess the person hung u up got a real bad day~~

Old 03-07-2008, 09:17 AM
I've had their x-drilled/slotted rotors on my G for a year and 15K miles now, and no problems with them. I run them with Stillen pads. Haven't had to panic-brake much, but this combo seemed to work and feel as good as OEM. I also had issues with their customer service, but they were more responsive when you called them than emailing them... Good luck whatever you decide.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree!!! I had OC autosport rotors and they've never rusted either. Why buy rotors and have to go home a paint them?

Old 03-07-2008, 09:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got some r1 ...they worked fine. I am going with DBA next

Old 03-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by dunglan7
I agree!!! I had OC autosport rotors and they've never rusted either. Why buy rotors and have to go home a paint them?
Where did you get them from and what kind of pads are you running. I am looking at posi quiet pads, but am unsure what I want. I like the black zinc coating I saw on ebay, but am reluctant to buy off of ebay.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Those must be some magic rotors if they've never had a spec of rust. The surface of any rotor should rust as soon as it contacts water. However this is easily scrubbed away by the brake pads after the first application

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: R1 Concepts Inc. rotor feedback