Clicking when applying and releasing brakes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clicking when applying and releasing brakes

Just as title says when I lightly apply brakes and hold or release lightly I am getting an awful clicking that sounds much like metal on metal and sometimes its not just a click but a click and pop back and forth untill I completly let off brake pad. It will also not do it if I slam on brakes just during light braking. I have taken off wheel and examined pads which are good and rotor is good. I dont know if I have a bad caliper or brakes are installed improperly or what but any input would be much appreciated it is only coming from drivers side. This doesnt sound like the TSB for axle to me because I have zero issues during taking off or slowing down its just when applying brakes lightly once brakes are released it stops. Please help.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G35 6MT
check the ball joints on that side, or maybe the tension rod. when slamming the brakes down, there may be enough force that you may not hear the click. also, when accelerating, since all the force is shifted to the rear, it may not be enough to make the joint click either. just a thought...