How to fix my 350z Htech drop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to fix my 350z Htech drop

So I installed 350z Htechs about 6 months ago, and like most others ended up doing the springmount mod.

BUT I realized my tire sizes front/rear arent proportional (Front: 235/35 19; Rear: 275/30 19) Theyre what the car came with when i bought it used.

Front

Rears

dont mind the pic quality- i took them with my phone in the dark and adjusted the brightness/contrast just to show the gaps

so that puts me at an extra finger gap in the rears from the fronts AFTER the springmount mod, so now im planning on switching springs to either Eibach prokit or TEIN 350z Stechs and I had a couple questions

1. Drop height: Do the stechs give as much of an uneven drop as the htechs?

2. Ride quality: Which of the two has a ride similar to the htechs? I dont mind a little softer or stiffer but would HATE getting that rolling feeling or a bouncy ride that might come from the eibachs

3. Camber issue: I have the rear camber arms installed, but worried if I drop with the Stechs I'll need the front A-arms. I think i can get away without them for the prokit. I think my fronts are dropped a little more than usual for the 350z htechs, so judging by the pics, would I need the front A-arms if i drop any more?

OVERALL, WHICH TO GET?! I'm leaning towards the Prokit + springmount mod just to even out the gaps, but worried it might be too soft. Would get the s-techs but think itll be just as uneven.

My bad guys for all the questions, but thats what this great forums for right?

Old 05-20-2008, 04:42 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
None of those solutions are going to fix your problem, the rear tire is just too small. Change the tire size. If you even up the gap with those tires, its going to make the car look likes its sagging in the rear

Old 05-20-2008, 05:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by redlude97
None of those solutions are going to fix your problem, the rear tire is just too small. Change the tire size. If you even up the gap with those tires, its going to make the car look likes its sagging in the rear
+1... Occam's razor

Old 05-20-2008, 05:47 PM
im on G stechs and need the front A arms, both front cambers are out of spec

Old 05-20-2008, 10:16 PM
good point..but seems like a waste to throw away a pair of tires with a pretty good amount of tread left..

From the pics does it look like the fronts will be way out of spec if I were to install Stechs or the prokit? and the Stechs drop a bit more than the prokit correct?

Old 05-21-2008, 12:13 AM
Seems like more of a waste to mod the suspension so the car looks even now, and then have it too low in the back when you purchase the correct tire size for the rear the next time.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:52 AM
Seems like more of a waste to mod the suspension so the car looks even now, and then have it too low in the back when you purchase the correct tire size for the rear the next time.
well since i'll be using the springmount mod to compensate for the small tires in the rear, i figured i can just swap out to the normal springmounts when i change tires (or get new rims ) since i kept my old mounts.

but does it look like the fronts will be way out of spec if i drop any more?

Old 05-21-2008, 02:12 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Both the front and rear are too small. The rear tires are about 1 inch too small in diameter. That is a HUGE difference.

Old 05-21-2008, 04:57 PM
any more inputs?

i wanna switch the htechs out to either the prokit or stechs asap..but dont wanna bother with the front camber arms in case im too out of spec in the front

Old 05-21-2008, 05:21 PM
Even the h-techs are out of spec in the front, and you will likely get uneven wear with all of the above choices to some extent. The front camber is not adjustable at all.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
So if i get 350z H techs on my G i will have bad camber in front? The only way to fix that would be to camber kit the front as well? Can i get away with the Htechs in front with no camber and not kill tire life??? I will get H techs and do the springmod in the back AND will also get the SPC rear camber kit.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:53 PM
hmm well from the forum most people did not need the front camber arms with the 350z htechs, but in my case they seem to be a bit lower..

Old 05-21-2008, 06:02 PM
Even the h-techs are out of spec in the front, and you will likely get uneven wear with all of the above choices to some extent. The front camber is not adjustable at all.
Redlude- first thanks for all the help. So would u just stick with my current setup? Also the stechs drop a bit lower than the prokits right?

I can bear with specs that are a bit off since i dont drive too often (~1k miles a month).

I'm satisfied with the front but i cringe every time i see that huge wheel gap in the rears

Old 05-21-2008, 06:09 PM
It depends on your driving styles, doing mostly freeway will still kill the inner tires because of the camber, doing more hard driving with turns will result in more even wear. You can get away without a front camber kit on z-htechs by flipping the front tires from left to right if your tires allow you to do so

Old 05-21-2008, 06:11 PM
The s-techs and prokits will give you ~ the same drop, people have had varying results on the s-techs for some reason. They will be out of spec significantly in the front

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How to fix my 350z Htech drop