OC autosports vs R1 vs etc.....xs/slot brake rotors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 08:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OC autosports vs R1 vs etc.....xs/slot brake rotors

So after searching, it seemed that r1concepts have a more negative feedback than I'd like. Also, it seems that OC autosports had more positive feedback.
I looked up OC's ebay store and found this for my 03 w/brembo

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/INFIN...mZ370059601632

can someone chime in with ocautosports rust/non rust experiences

Old 06-12-2008, 09:22 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I just got my R1's in, so far so good, I had them on my previous car and it did take some time for them to rust. What I was told is to paint the rotor, obviously the mid section that doesn't touch the pads. But honestly I could careless about rust, I just need them to perform. But it grips great with hawk pads, the braking is definatly beyond acceptable for a N/A G.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:28 AM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
all metal rusts. so the people who complain about that are stupid. i havent used r1 products but im happy with my ocautosports pads/rotors. i dont track the car with them but ive done some pretty aggressive driving with no issues.

Old 06-15-2008, 10:44 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by w0ady
all metal rusts.
Gold does not rust

J/K w0.

Old 06-22-2008, 09:42 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
I just picked up OC Autosports’ Cliffhanger Rotors, Hawk HPS and Technafit SS lines… David was extremely helpful and even went out of his way to deliver the parts to me on a Saturday!!!

As for rust… I did as much research as I could prior to decision and as you found, all reviews were positive… I got zinc plated black – the black will wear were the pad makes contact, but David assures me the remaining color will stay and shouldn’t fade… I asked about rust and he said he has no knowledge of any rusting…
(*edit* - after reading the post below, I thought I should mention - my rust concern was about the plated area that doesnt have contact with pads... David did not indicate the contact surface wont rust - but as Infinitskyline states below, of course that goes away once you apply the brakes).

Mine won’t be installed till the end of next week and I post review… For now I can tell you the customer service is excellent!

Last edited by OCG35; 06-22-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the OC Autosport's Cliffhanger rotors also, I got the Project Mu pads with them and I couldn't be more satisfied. Both products are great and I feel that they perform better than the brembo rotors and pads.

On rust, they are the same as the stock rotors, It rains and then you have a little bit of rust but hitting the brakes once will remove it.

OC's customer service was great. If you need anything just call them up and they will help you the best that they can.