Front Camber A Arms...Ichiba or Top Speed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front Camber A Arms...Ichiba or Top Speed?

Hey guys,

Im running neg 2 camber and need to fix it as my tires are now being destroyed. Im on a budget and am not buying spc arms at $400. I have found both the ichiba and top speeds for a reasonable $250 so im deciding between both. Anyone know which is better? I know ichiba is china and they havnt been around to long. Im leaning towards the top speed as they are based in Dalas and that makes me feel better but i really dont know......

Old 07-14-2008, 07:12 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Neither arm is made really for correcting negative camber,and both only provide ~1/2 degree of positive adjustment. They are made to add more negative camber for better handling.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:27 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
(To my knowledge)
They are parts of almost identical quality.. but if you wanna do it right, try to see if you can find some used SPC A-arms here or on MY350z.com

Good luck

Old 07-14-2008, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by redlude97
Neither arm is made really for correcting negative camber,and both only provide ~1/2 degree of positive adjustment. They are made to add more negative camber for better handling.
I called top speed about that, as I thought the same but the +.25 is what you can move it two from the stock camber of -1.0 meaning that there is a total of +1.25 you can adjust it to. So for my situation of -2.0 I could max it out at -.75.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:12 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I have my 2 degree hub spacers from my SPC A-Arm kit that I am not using... would that help you at all? My SPC A-Arms had enough adjustability that I did't need the spacers.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by Konsole
I have my 2 degree hub spacers from my SPC A-Arm kit that I am not using... would that help you at all? My SPC A-Arms had enough adjustability that I did't need the spacers.
I dont know, How does that work? Will it fit on the stock arms? Does it move it a full 2 degrees? I dont want to be at 0. The max i want to be is -.75 Please let me know. Thanks

Old 07-15-2008, 01:10 PM
The spacers give you 2 degrees positive camber. You could then adjust whatever A-Arms you have to get your -.75. The spacers just allow you more positive camber adjustment (so if your A-Arms wont adjust far enough, these will do it)

They will fit any Z/G, they dont have anything to do with the A-Arm. In the pics below.. its the two brackets, one round and one just slight bent and the ABS sensor bracket.

You could use the 2 degree spacers with stock arms, it would just give you exactly 2 degrees positive camber from stock.

They are installed behind your brake rotors and on the brake caliper mount. Fairly simple install, just be careful not to bend the abs sensor mount bracket (the sensor needs to be within a certain distance of the rotor)

Old 08-14-2008, 01:26 AM
Originally Posted by Konsole
I just installed the pro-1 a arms and not impressed. they max out at a positive 1. So im still at negative 1. You still not using those spacers

Old 08-14-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by mpapers
I just installed the pro-1 a arms and not impressed. they max out at a positive 1. So im still at negative 1. You still not using those spacers
Still have them. Not sure what they are worth, but I can give you a good price since I don't need them.

Ill figure out a price.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:09 PM
I called top speed about that, as I thought the same but the +.25 is what you can move it two from the stock camber of -1.0 meaning that there is a total of +1.25 you can adjust it to. So for my situation of -2.0 I could max it out at -.75.
that doesn't make any sense, how can they have more adjustment when the camber is more negative, than when its positive? There is only so much adjustment, and the actual camber numbers are dependant on drop height

Old 08-14-2008, 01:11 PM
why do you want to run even less negative camber? Handling performance will suffer greatly

Old 08-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
that doesn't make any sense, how can they have more adjustment when the camber is more negative, than when its positive? There is only so much adjustment, and the actual camber numbers are dependant on drop height
+1 Red... not to mention that our cars aren't all set OEM at -1.0 camber... You will get 0.5 degrees of positive camber correction over whatever you're currently running with those arms, period. That would mean if you are at -2.0, you'll be able to get right on the outside edge of the stock specs.

I have the SPL A arms and they don't even offer 1.25 degrees of positive camber correction and they are considered one of the nicest sets of A arms for our cars...

Old 08-15-2008, 06:56 PM
why do you want to run even less negative camber? Handling performance will suffer greatly
-2.0 camber is entirely to much neg camber. There comes a point when you have to much neg. camber and handling is reduced. I just got a alignment today and g35ride your right i only went from -2.0 to -1.5. However even with this slight improvement my handling has been increased not decreased leading me to believe that -2.0 is past the point of helping and actually hurting but thats beside the point. The main reason i want to decrease it is because my brand new tires with only 3k are getting shredded on the inside. There is already a inner front tire issue with g35s and when you bring camber to -2.0 it increases the feathering 10x. I dont feel like buying new tires every 6k. I dont know about you.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Konsole, you figure out a price yet?

Old 08-15-2008, 07:29 PM
-2.0 camber is entirely to much neg camber. There comes a point when you have to much neg. camber and handling is reduced. I just got a alignment today and g35ride your right i only went from -2.0 to -1.5. However even with this slight improvement my handling has been increased not decreased leading me to believe that -2.0 is past the point of helping and actually hurting but thats beside the point. The main reason i want to decrease it is because my brand new tires with only 3k are getting shredded on the inside. There is already a inner front tire issue with g35s and when you bring camber to -2.0 it increases the feathering 10x. I dont feel like buying new tires every 6k. I dont know about you.
It sounded from your post like you wanted to run -.75 camber up front, if I interpreted what you meant incorrectly, then I apologize. IMO anywhere from -1.2 to -1.7 is a good amount of camber for a balance or handling and tire wear

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front Camber A Arms...Ichiba or Top Speed?