The Truth About BBK's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 03:14 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
please provide reference to were this has caused problems for a G35 owner that has done it...
Why would I? Never stated it did. And a proof of an "incident" isn't proof that a particular brake system is good/bad. False logic.

The posts I responded to were has it caused problems and can it be done?... the answers are "no" and "Yes"... no matter how much you want to change those facts.

Now - if you are trying to indicate those statements are not fact - why not just post the reference of people having problems?

Its funny because I've known people that have actually tracked their car and not had issue (much less just street driven cars)... hey, but maybe there's a hidden incident that hasn't been widely reported - do us all a favor an proved details on that please.
The rest of this is gibberish. Your opinion and the "fact" that no one has problems is far from a quantative reason to fact. Again, they may have the right set up and they may not. But I'm digressing aren't I? Facts are what system they have and what bias changes they made/didn't make. Facts are brake dist figures before and after the change.

Your statement about them running on a track is fact. That they have "no problems" is also a "fact". (closer to opinion than anything else)

Does that = they have a proper set up? No. Only specifying what they have in technical terms can determine that.

Last edited by Jeff92se; 01-27-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
i didn't say i wasn't going to do the rears, i just said I would probably do the fronts first and the rears when they wear out. and i thought the stopping distance stayed more or less the same with this upgrade? Just seemed like the 05 brakes were less problematic. although if an 05-06 stops in 112 ft and an 03-04 stops in 114 ft, one would assume the 03-04 with 05-06 brakes might stop in less then 112 ft since its 114 lbs lighter(04 6mt sedan = 3398lbs, 05 6mt sedan = 3512lbs)

Old 01-27-2010, 03:20 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
two questions were asked - can it be done and has anyone had problems.

Those were answered.

It really is that simple... I know you can't accept it. But it is.

Old 01-27-2010, 03:25 PM
really the question was if it was going to be dangerous..ill probably be able to tell when i test them out...

Old 01-27-2010, 03:27 PM
Red Card Crew

Originally Posted by OCG35
two questions were asked - can it be done and has anyone had problems.

Those were answered.

It really is that simple... I know you can't accept it. But it is.
It can be done, Yes. Should it be done. I don't see why anyone would.

Has anyone had problems. No. but again, why would that be a determining factor? Determining a mod based on the fact that it hasn't resulted in being upside down in a ditch isn't what I call logical thought toward a modification.

Old 01-27-2010, 03:29 PM
the ravine thing was sort of an exageration/joke...

Old 01-27-2010, 03:30 PM
Red Card Crew

Originally Posted by 00gts6speed
really the question was if it was going to be dangerous..ill probably be able to tell when i test them out...
To you perhaps. You are deciding on a mod based on whether or not it puts the car into dangerous state of operation?!

The question is what BENEFIT would it achieve? To ME, that's a better question.

You can of course install just the fronts if you wish. To me, it doesn't benefit me at all. And I'd have to rebleed all 4 corners after doing the rears.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:08 PM
I look forward to you findings/review ~

Old 01-28-2010, 12:23 AM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Posts moved from another thread but fit better in this one:

Old 01-28-2010, 12:56 AM
Red Card Crew

and i thought the stopping distance stayed more or less the same with this upgrade? Just seemed like the 05 brakes were less problematic. although if an 05-06 stops in 112 ft and an 03-04 stops in 114 ft, one would assume the 03-04 with 05-06 brakes might stop in less then 112 ft since its 114 lbs lighter(04 6mt sedan = 3398lbs, 05 6mt sedan = 3512lbs)
Your entire paragraph would make perfect logic and sense IF you do the entire front and rear upgrade at the same time.

If not, your stop distance info is basicly out the window.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:51 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
^^ True, but it could in fact stop SHORTER and do better without doing both at the same time.

The problem is that you just don't know what the bias is. Someone could do just a front BBK and improve the braking distance and bias. Someone could do just a rear kit and improve the braking. Someone could do BOTH and have stopping distance INCREASE...

The point is, you need to know all the facts before you can say that doing just a front kit is bad.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Your entire paragraph would make perfect logic and sense IF you do the entire front and rear upgrade at the same time.

If not, your stop distance info is basicly out the window.
i never said i didnt intend to do the rears, i just going to do the fronts first

Old 01-30-2010, 10:27 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Tollboothwilley
^^ True, but it could in fact stop SHORTER and do better without doing both at the same time.

The problem is that you just don't know what the bias is. Someone could do just a front BBK and improve the braking distance and bias. Someone could do just a rear kit and improve the braking. Someone could do BOTH and have stopping distance INCREASE...

The point is, you need to know all the facts before you can say that doing just a front kit is bad.

True. However as you seem to suggest it "could" also stop longer and do worse without doing both at the same time.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by RBull
True. However as you seem to suggest it "could" also stop longer and do worse without doing both at the same time.
I think what he's sating is there is no "one right answer"... too many variables...

Which is why I mentioned that it has been done on this car before without problems... maybe those people got lucky? Maybe they did what someone else determined worked... but it has been done and without issue.

This isn't to say it would work in every application - but who cares, this is a G35 forum.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:23 AM
Red Card Crew

Originally Posted by Tollboothwilley

That's exactly what I've been stating. You can't know if it's a good/bad idea UNLESS you know the facts. Exactly what both people I've been talking to DON'T know. Reading from the beginning of the thread, you mean to tell me adding a front bbk only is going to help braking? Especially when it's clear that even a 05+ front only addition is going to add more front bias?

Like I said, when you mix/match bbk parts, there's a much better chance at making things worse than making things better.

You could add the front only "without issues". But "with out issues" is a very poor way of determining if one has actually gained anything in terms of brake dist performance. One could just as easily made your dist numbers worse and "not have an issues".

Last edited by Jeff92se; 01-30-2010 at 11:31 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.