Who has the correct info??????????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 11:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who has the correct info??????????

Okay here's my delimma, I go to the dealership here in SE houston for some routine maintenance and inquired about What voids warranties and what is necessary in regards to switching rims, HU, and lowering. He told me that exhaust and intake won't void warranties unless there is clear cut evidence that it has comprimised the car. He also informed me that changing the HU could comprise but only if there was poor installation tied into the the factory wiring.
Not to steer off from the topic of this section but I get to talking to the guy in Service and parts about rims. He tells me that if I go with aftermarket rims and tires that I have to stay within specs of the fac rims and tires. He said I could upsize but only to an 18 and only with a 45 sidewall tire. I asked what about a size 35 for the tire on an 18 and then he tells me as long as I stay fairly close to fac spec. He also said something about if I went with a 19" wheels that they could possibly activate my abs and vdc when not engaged or something related to the vdc and abs.
Well all said and good but I really want 19's. I asked him as well about the tire press sensors and if they will conflict if I have aftermarket rims. He said that I may be able to re use the ones from my stock rims or I would need aftermarket ones.
Then I ask about lowering and one of the wrenchmen of Infiniti told me that it all depends on how low I want to go. He was allitle more informantive but not by much, the one thing he did give good advice on was the staggered wheels issue. He told me if I didn't mind not rotating tires then go with the staggered rims but when he said that I remembered that I live in Houston and the roads around here are HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!
Here's my boggle regarding my 06 Sedan, if I go with 19" non staggered rim and 35 series tire can I re use the Tire press sensors? Two, who here knows or have had issues with 19" wheels affecting the VDC and ABS? Please I need the right info cause I really don't want to be that GUY who buys something not needed or not compatible. Thanks

Old 07-17-2008, 11:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
u can use ur stock TPMS or buy a new set and have them calibrated to your car. It wont affect the vdc/abs as many have 19+ inch rims, i have 20's and dont have any issues. just search around the forum a little bit and go in the market place, u will find the right size you need along with the offset, ask people questions who HAVE the rims. I have a coupe i wish i could help u more with offsets and sizes

Old 07-18-2008, 12:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As far as upsetting VDC and ABS, you should not at all if you keep the overall diameter of the wheels the same.

Use this handy calculator:

Tire Size Calculator

I don't pay too much attention to Sedans, but I know for my coupe 255/35/19 is the best in front (245/35 is very close, too) and 275/35/19 in rear is best for maintaining approximately the factory diameter.