Cobb Springs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobb Springs?

I did a search for Cobb under the suspension forum and didn't find anything related to Cobb Springs. Has anyone installed them on a Coupe? Any results? I'm looking to maybe drop 1 inch at most, nothing more as it's a daily driver. Would I be better looking at Tein or another brand for what I want?

Thanks.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have heard good things about Cobb in general, but never tried there springs. I have H&R springs and I love them as far as great ride quality over my stop o5 sport suspension, dramatic drop in body roll and no sagging. The one thing I don't really like is my front is a lil' too low for my taste, my front will rub sometimes over bumps. I had Tien on my acura and did not like them one bit because of the uneven drop and a lot of sagging. I thought it was just me, but I spoke to owner of Mattz Garage in Sac and he said to stay away from them as well. My friend has Eibachs and he really likes them. I hope this helps you out a little bit.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EldinsG35
I have heard good things about Cobb in general, but never tried there springs.
Well I guess that's good. I was surprised to see no reviews of them on the site.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:47 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
i have them and their sway bars (sways are rebranded/painted hotchkis sways), but sadly I have not installed them on my G yet. I have them mounted on the struts put I haven't put them on, so sorry for the useless input.

I bought them based on the knowledge I knew about the company and the products they build for Subarus. I know a ton of subaru owners with their parts and they claim that they have amazing service and produce great reliable parts.

I picked them because they gave me the rates and drop I was looking for (on paper at least).

You'll certainly need rear camber arms with them, you might need fronts though but im not sure yet, like I said mine are not installed yet.

i got them late in summer so I figured I would just wait til after winter to put them in and it gives me time to secure some other suspension pieces.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:03 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
well after so many months later...I present to you:

I installed my D-Specs and Cobb springs on my G35 a week ago. I've been driving around with them like I normally do and I have had zero issues, noises, knocks etc. During the install I noticed the same thing everyone is complaining about, which is the springs do not exactly fit snug at the lower spring seat (they seem perfect on top).

The only thing I can suggest is to first, install the spring insulators that are on your stock springs. They're the part that wraps around the lower coils. You can usually buy these new from auto stores as well. Second, before tightening them down, I would make sure they are centered on the seat as it is possible to off-center them which I would think could lead to some unpleasant dynamics.

I used 350Z spec D-Specs and the Cobb springs are only made for the Z, I'm quite pleased with the drop. I'm not sure yet if I'll do a spring mount mod yet in the rear. I want to get wider wheels and tires before I do anything else.

Also I have these paired up with the Cobb sways, I love the entire package so far. I've had the sways on for a while now and loved them from the beginning. I have always had some rear endlink clunking though. Camber arms are next to be installed, they've been sitting in my trunk for 3-months now.