Suspension squeaks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suspension squeaks

I think I read something in the forums about suspension squeaks being a known problem, joints drying out, wearing out, something like that. Van someone point me in the right direction if I've missed the thread?

I have an '05x with just under 12K miles and I'm getting the squeaks. Seems to me like all four corners but I can't be sure. Truthfully it's not really that bad, but definitely there. It seems to get worse as the temperatures get colder. I'm still under warranty. I'm trying to figure out what is the likely issue and how bad does it need to be fore me to fight for warranty repair. I'm sure the dealer isn't going to want to do a whole bunch of work for some squeaks that will be difficult to summon when they ask me to show the problem.

Seems to me this shouldn't be a problem on a car with under 12k on the odometer.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by harrypt
I think I read something in the forums about suspension squeaks being a known problem, joints drying out, wearing out, something like that. Van someone point me in the right direction if I've missed the thread?

I have an '05x with just under 12K miles and I'm getting the squeaks. Seems to me like all four corners but I can't be sure. Truthfully it's not really that bad, but definitely there. It seems to get worse as the temperatures get colder. I'm still under warranty. I'm trying to figure out what is the likely issue and how bad does it need to be fore me to fight for warranty repair. I'm sure the dealer isn't going to want to do a whole bunch of work for some squeaks that will be difficult to summon when they ask me to show the problem.

Seems to me this shouldn't be a problem on a car with under 12k on the odometer.

Compression rods are most likely bad. The sound comes from the front only and is audiable when going over speed bumps, driveways, etc.. at very low speeds. The creaking sound seems to get worse as temperatures get colder too. If you are still under warranty the dealer should replace them for free. But its hit or miss at certain dealers getting them to reproduce the sound. You may have to take the tech for a ride and go over some speedbumps slowly, with the radio off, and hopefully reproduce the sound.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:50 PM
i have heard a squeek of two in my 2005 g35x with 25k miles.. ima get the dealer to look at mines this week.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:44 PM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts
Are the compression rods covered under the 50k warranty or the 70k warranty.

Old 11-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
the compression rods are covered under the bumper to bumper 4 year/60K warranty.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:45 AM
I wonder if they're going to fess up to a known issue or if I'm going to have to fight for a warranty fix on some squeaks. Or take it there on the coldest day of the Winter to try to prove it to them.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Contacted the dealer on this who says bushings are probably dry. He said there are bushings in the rear as well. Told me to lubricate them. Since I'm still in warranty, I may just have them do it and make them let me look to see if they are wearing out prematurely. If so I'll fight for warranty repair.

I'm sure this is a problem that won't get any better without intervention.