Coilover Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 11:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coilover Install

So I bought some JIC FLT-A2's some time ago (car is already stored), and I figured I'd throw them on the car over the winter. I also intend to get new pads, resurface my rotors, get braided SS lines and bleed the brakes with RBF600 or some other high temp fluid, as I've boiled my fluid on numerous occasions
Either way, I'm not sure when I'd be undertaking this, but I couldn't find a guide for a coilover install on these cars (or a 350Z) anywhere. I know that I need to drill my rear LCA to mount the lower adjustable springmount, but I think it should be fairly straightforward other than that.
I would really appreciate if anyone has any tips, or pics, or a guide to give to me before I undertake this, but if not, I'll just chug along and take pics of my install so that we finally have something. I know it should be fairly similar to a shock & spring install, but I'm not sure if drilling the LCA is the only difference, or if there's more.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IVRY PRL
So I bought some JIC FLT-A2's some time ago (car is already stored), and I figured I'd throw them on the car over the winter. I also intend to get new pads, resurface my rotors, get braided SS lines and bleed the brakes with RBF600 or some other high temp fluid, as I've boiled my fluid on numerous occasions
Either way, I'm not sure when I'd be undertaking this, but I couldn't find a guide for a coilover install on these cars (or a 350Z) anywhere. I know that I need to drill my rear LCA to mount the lower adjustable springmount, but I think it should be fairly straightforward other than that.
I would really appreciate if anyone has any tips, or pics, or a guide to give to me before I undertake this, but if not, I'll just chug along and take pics of my install so that we finally have something. I know it should be fairly similar to a shock & spring install, but I'm not sure if drilling the LCA is the only difference, or if there's more.
How was the install and how do they ride now?? I just bought a set of these coilovers yesterday.. did you end up finding a guide for these.. please let me know