View Poll Results: What do u prefer. Ride quality or looks?
I prefer a good ride quality and look stock with tastefull but minor upgrades
75.00%
I prefer for my car to look HOT and ride like crap
25.00%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

What do u prefer. Ride quality or looks?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 04:18 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by dofu
No. I'm sacrificing a bit of ride comfort for better handling, response, and road feel. Comfort comes second, then looks. But since the scene originally revolves around high performance, if your car is set up for performance, it should already good to the masses.
I agree with you 100%. I would never sacrifice ride quality purely for looks. However, I am willing to sacrifice comfort for performance. Likewise, as much as I would like a slightly louder exhaust note, I would never make my car louder without going to a catback system and getting some kind of performance out of it.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by 05DGx
I agree with you 100%. I would never sacrifice ride quality purely for looks. However, I am willing to sacrifice comfort for performance. Likewise, as much as I would like a slightly louder exhaust note, I would never make my car louder without going to a catback system and getting some kind of performance out of it.
Exhausts alone don't really make any power... I can understand a bit more sound for a manual, but autos with exhausts when the car practically drives itself???

Old 02-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by deevel79
Our cars ride excellent in stock form. So if you're willing to have the looks along with a "decent" ride, then you're sacrificing ride quality for looks. Right?
G35s handle like crap in stock form. Just because I'm dumped on a suspension getting "decent" and firm ride quality does not mean my car is bumpy or uncomfortable at all. Keep in mind that we are looking at things in two different perspectives... you want a boat, while we're looking for something with more road feel.

Last edited by dofu; 02-26-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
i don't think it has to be one extreme over the other. it's been discussed a lot on here but for example, i have Tein Htechs on my sedan. mild drop, looks way better than stock, spring rates are only slightly stiffer and the ride quality is better in terms of performance w/o any sacrifice to comfort. there is a happy medium.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
stock sedan suspension sucks d!ck when it comes to handling.... Period.
If anyone thinks the stock suspension is too hard go get a buick and help GM out.
Stock coupe suspension is a different story...

When i pushed my car on stock suspension i could almost feel the car getting on to two wheels there was so much roll.

My 3 has what i call a very nice suspension. Not too stiff and not too hard just about perfect for daily driving and occasional fun times. So does the 07+ sedan sport suspension.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:43 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Exhausts alone don't really make any power... I can understand a bit more sound for a manual, but autos with exhausts when the car practically drives itself???
It does with a tune, what does auto or manual have to do with it, either way they will both be faster.....

Old 02-26-2009, 04:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35s handle like crap in stock form. Just because I'm dumped on a suspension getting "decent" and firm ride quality does not mean my car is bumpy or uncomfortable at all. Keep in mind that we are looking at things in two different perspectives... you want a boat, while we're looking for something with more road feel.
I've owned 2 m3's before. An 88 e30 M3, and a 95 e36 M3. Like i said..."i've been there and done that". If i wanted that type of ride, i would've stood with the beemers. Im not knocking u in no way. Im just saying that some people buy the wrong cars for wrong reasons. I personally feel that a g35 sedan is the type of car u buy for what it is. If u want to do a few tastefull upgrades, then cool. but when u start changing the entire suspension for example: (swapping your 4door g35 suspension for a 350z suspension), it makes me think..."why not just buy a real sports car then". To each its own i guess.

Its like when i owned my 2000 3.2 TL. I belonged to a forum called Acurazine.com. I got bashed because i called another member an idiot because he was complaining about wheel hop when trying to do nuetral dumps/burnouts with an automatic. LMAO! I told him that that car was in no way meant for **** like that. As stupid as that sounds, they looked at me as if i was crazy!

Last edited by deevel79; 02-26-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:50 PM
Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts
"I prefer for my car to look HOT and ride like crap"
- You need to put another option in.... Maybe " Prefers some stiffer suspension so the sedan feels like its a car and not a boat in the ocean..." I voted for the HOT just cause thats such a ridiculous statement.

I love my sedan but I also love driving with some slight spirt so some stiffer suspension and some new clean rims dose not make it ride like Crap or HOT.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:51 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
your debating your personal prefferences with others ..

theres no real point in it ..

your likes and dislikes are different from others ..

im personally working on upgrading suspension and braking ..

im more than happy with my interior .
as well as my exterior except i hate the side moldings ..(removing some day)

like i said .. your likes and dislikes will vary ..

youve got options ..
and all are available to you .. you decide what you like.. how you like it..

no one is truly wrong .. nor truly right ..

only wrong you can do to a g..
is not keep it looking as best as it can ..

=)

Old 02-26-2009, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by ShanesG
It does with a tune, what does auto or manual have to do with it, either way they will both be faster.....
Unless you're putting down that much power, your stock exhaust works fine. Take the cats out and you will make more power, allowing a cat back to make more power too. As for the tune and exhaust... you can make 15 or so with just a tune. How much more are you thinking you'll gain with a cat back exhaust added to that? And like any other mechanical part of the car, with boost, it's different. And of course, with lots of R&D, anything can be possible. Just don't expect it from most of the companies we all hear about and know so well.

As for the muffler and transmission, if you're driving a manual, you want to be able to hear your car unless you want to keep looking down at your gauges to see what RPMs you are in (unless you're granny shifting). Autos shift themselves so there's no point in a little more sound. Or maybe I'm just going deaf...

Last edited by dofu; 02-26-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:52 PM
Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
drop it like its hott ! change the suspension anyway ! stock always suks *****

Old 02-26-2009, 04:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ShanesG
How about both???
I'm dumped and my car ride suprisingly smooth!!!
x2

36 way adjustable ftw

Old 02-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Superior+
"I prefer for my car to look HOT and ride like crap"
- You need to put another option in.... Maybe " Prefers some stiffer suspension so the sedan feels like its a car and not a boat in the ocean..." I voted for the HOT just cause thats such a ridiculous statement.I love my sedan but I also love driving with some slight spirt so some stiffer suspension and some new clean rims dose not make it ride like Crap or HOT.
If u read my 2nd post in this thread, u will see that i asked how to change the poll options to read differently. What i meant to write was:

"Look hot but sacrifice ride quality"

I worded it wrong. Didnt mean to put "ride like ****"

Old 02-26-2009, 05:10 PM
Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by deevel79
If u read my 2nd post in this thread, u will see that i asked how to change the poll options to read differently. What i meant to write was:

"Look hot but sacrifice ride quality"

I worded it wrong. Didnt mean to put "ride like ****"
I did read it but I was still annoyed

Old 02-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
My sedan came with the Sport suspension. Adding Z/coupe springs did nothing to make the ride quality worse. I would have to say the Sports suspension is slightly harsh and rides just as hard as my old 94 Z28 or 90 CRX Si. For a non-performance person, the Sports suspension would probably very harsh to them because it can crash a bit of pavement breaks. With my aftermarket 18s on and summer rubber, the ride is even harsher. I love it and I have a pretty critical butt.

The non-Sport suspensions though are far softer. I've had a non-Sport RWD and an X loaner and was shocked by how much softer the cars rode.

To say these cars handle bad, Sport or not, is an absolutely silly statement. Even on crappy all season RSA rubber, these cars pull .87gs and 66mph slaloms. That's pretty dang good for a sports sedan. Add Z/Coupe springs and quality summer rubber and you're looking at mid .9s and 68-69mph.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do u prefer. Ride quality or looks?