View Poll Results: What do u prefer. Ride quality or looks?
I prefer a good ride quality and look stock with tastefull but minor upgrades
75.00%
I prefer for my car to look HOT and ride like crap
25.00%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

What do u prefer. Ride quality or looks?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 05:44 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Originally Posted by deevel79
Actually i worded option 2 wrong. What i meant to write was

I prefer my car to look HOT while sacrificing ride quality.

I dont know anyone who wants a car that rides like crap!
I chose option 2 with this description in mind

"looking hot" is also subjective to ones taste. If you want to achieve a certain look, sometimes you have to pay more to get there and still keep a "good ride" quality (also subjective). There is more involved to just throwing on some springs or coilovers. Other components should be considered when doing so and when making the decision.

It really comes down to what you want and are willing to spend.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've owned 2 m3's before. An 88 e30 M3, and a 95 e36 M3. Like i said..."i've been there and done that". If i wanted that type of ride, i would've stood with the beemers. Im not knocking u in no way. Im just saying that some people buy the wrong cars for wrong reasons. I personally feel that a g35 sedan is the type of car u buy for what it is. If u want to do a few tastefull upgrades, then cool. but when u start changing the entire suspension for example: (swapping your 4door g35 suspension for a 350z suspension), it makes me think..."why not just buy a real sports car then". To each its own i guess.

Its like when i owned my 2000 3.2 TL. I belonged to a forum called Acurazine.com. I got bashed because i called another member an idiot because he was complaining about wheel hop when trying to do nuetral dumps/burnouts with an automatic. LMAO! I told him that that car was in no way meant for **** like that. As stupid as that sounds, they looked at me as if i was crazy!
I was also a member of that forum(97 2.2CL), however I stopped going there about 3 years ago due to how ridiculous people were getting. I think it was taken over by 16 yr olds just getting their licenses. No offense to any 16 yr olds on this forum, just don't do neutral dumps with any auto!

Those early acura auto transmissions were crap too. Thank god I had a 5spd

Old 02-26-2009, 06:04 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
You can still get decent ride quality with small tires and the right suspension. Tein CS come to mind. My car doesn't ride bad at all and it can go looooow.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that the 4 who've voted in favor of a ****ty ride are all under the age of 25.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:36 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I've owned 2 m3's before. An 88 e30 M3, and a 95 e36 M3. Like i said..."i've been there and done that". If i wanted that type of ride, i would've stood with the beemers. Im not knocking u in no way. Im just saying that some people buy the wrong cars for wrong reasons. I personally feel that a g35 sedan is the type of car u buy for what it is. If u want to do a few tastefull upgrades, then cool. but when u start changing the entire suspension for example: (swapping your 4door g35 suspension for a 350z suspension), it makes me think..."why not just buy a real sports car then". To each its own i guess.

Its like when i owned my 2000 3.2 TL. I belonged to a forum called Acurazine.com. I got bashed because i called another member an idiot because he was complaining about wheel hop when trying to do nuetral dumps/burnouts with an automatic. LMAO! I told him that that car was in no way meant for **** like that. As stupid as that sounds, they looked at me as if i was crazy!
To each its own but getting complements from shocked porsche and vette owners at a road race about my sedan was a priceless feeling. I had a porsche and vette owners wanting to sit in my car as passanger while i was doing laps around the track. After the first turn their helmets were staring at me and telling me "I can't believe this thing grips like this on street tires". At the same time it had a very tolerable ride and the car itself is one of the most balanced cars i have ever driven. G has lots of potential with very little money when it comes the car's suspension. Most people do it for the looks, i did it for the performance because i maxed the car out when it came to the handling within few months after getting the car brand new.

BTW if ur saying "been there done that", why didn't you get a Lexus ES350 which has better ride, is just as fast and the interior is much nicer.

Last edited by Klubbheads; 02-26-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
To each its own but getting complements from shocked porsche and vette owners at a road race about my sedan was a priceless feeling. I had a porsche and vette owners wanting to sit in my car as passanger while i was doing laps around the track. After the first turn their helmets were staring at me and telling me "I can't believe this thing grips like this on street tires". At the same time it had a very tolerable ride and the car itself is one of the most balanced cars i have ever driven. G has lots of potential with very little money when it comes the car's suspension. Most people do it for the looks, i did it for the performance because i maxed the car out when it came to the handling within few months after getting the car brand new.

BTW if ur saying "been there done that", why didn't you get a Lexus ES350 which has better ride, is just as fast and the interior is much nicer.
Because i like the g35 better. Not looking for a plush, floaty ride. Was looking for something comfortable, yet sporty. The g35 fit my bill.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by maciejk
i wish my G was a lot more luxurious, ride comfort is ****, the interior could've been better looking as well
Awe that sucks- are you just sick of your car, or did you just have to settle for it??

Old 02-26-2009, 09:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that the 4 who've voted in favor of a ****ty ride are all under the age of 25.
Wow next thing your going to say is. Let me guess all that picked option 2 use to be Civic owners.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts
What is with all your douche bag comments? Age matters in this situation? You sound like every other person that trys to be funny / start arguments on the internet. I love this site because it is productive and I learn a lot. Great mature people putting input in. Not this stupid ****.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:03 PM
As long as it looks hot who cares if the ride is poopie

Old 02-27-2009, 12:58 AM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Now that's just a plain stupid comment. Just delete this thread since you have this and everyone figured out

Old 02-27-2009, 01:06 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by G35papa
Now that's just a plain stupid comment. Just delete this thread since you have this and everyone figured out
LOL< >>>@Deevl um im not 25....actually im 41 but look 25 lol

Old 02-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
I'm not into the tuner look at all.

I prefer the stock, clean look. That's tint, slight lowering, some tasteful rims, and mods like nice brakes, and other odds and ends that don't stick out like a sore thumb.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
IMO you can have both if your setup is done right. So I dont know what to select on your poll. If you have a lowered LOTS there might be an issue, but a nice looking drop can still ride fine imo