Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
G
^ Wow, that's unfortunate for me then.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:09 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by xx7sephiroth7xx
Oh, so you didn't do it yourself?

I keed, I keed.

Yes, I have that same piece of stupid metal. I'm surprised Scott let TWO out like that.

Also, when you say "drill a new hole that mounts near the fender," are you takling about drilling a new hole in the Stillen heatshield?

*EDIT* Also, do any of you guys have any extra vibrations in the cabin that you can hear and/or feel through the steering wheel??
Nope

Old 06-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by viceversa
anyone know if the driver side bracket is the same for N/A and SC?
They are different. I know because I received a N/A bracket first, and had to send it back.

Ian

Old 06-17-2009, 02:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finally got the chance to upload my photos from the issues I was having. As you can see in the pics, I am like 1mm off on the hole for the cross brace, just need to pull on the bar harder or make that hole a little bigger. The thing is, by doin this, the bar seems to be slightly shifted closer to the drivers side fender and thus the bar sits lower and rubs the wire loom in the 2nd photo, is this normal/look normal to the rest of you who have yours on?

Old 06-29-2009, 01:16 AM
G
Mine also rubs the wire loom. I wonder if this is what causes the extra vibrations I sometimes hear? I don't really hear/feel it too often anymore... but maybe it's because I got used to it.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:25 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Not sure if mine rubs i dont hear anything but ill check tomorrow

Old 06-30-2009, 01:36 AM
G
Also, DefJukie, did you actually get the bar installed yet?

If you haven't, and since your ~1mm off, try loosening the bolts on top of the passenger side strut tower (since I assume you have the bolt and bar there together) so you can have a little more room to get the bolt on the driver's side in. After you do that, tighten the passenger side strut tower bolts.

Let me know if this works.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:40 AM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
Mine were a little bit difficult to get on as well. On the passenger side the hole either had too much paint or was drilled a little to small. I was able to work the bolt through but it took a bit of effort. There is no adjustment at all in this setup, because of this the tolerances are very tight. I honestly think this makes it better. At least you don't have to worry about the bar slipping that is for sure

Mine is sitting on my wire loom as well. I think I slid it forward a little so it would be sitting directly on it. Better to be safe than sorry

Old 06-30-2009, 08:56 AM
I had a lot of issues with mine but all is OK now. Had to get a replacement top bar, had to get a replacement pass. side bracket, had to dremmel out the drivers side bracket. Ugh, worth 500 bucks? I think my ARC bar did just as well...

Old 06-30-2009, 09:58 AM
Back in SD**

^^^Yeah, this was one of those times that it was a good thing that I live in Japan. It took so long for the parts to get to me, that I had the correct ones the first time

Old 07-01-2009, 12:05 AM
G
Originally Posted by psedog
Mine were a little bit difficult to get on as well. On the passenger side the hole either had too much paint or was drilled a little to small. I was able to work the bolt through but it took a bit of effort. There is no adjustment at all in this setup, because of this the tolerances are very tight. I honestly think this makes it better. At least you don't have to worry about the bar slipping that is for sure

Mine is sitting on my wire loom as well. I think I slid it forward a little so it would be sitting directly on it. Better to be safe than sorry
I'm confused by this statement. So your bar is or is not sitting on the wire loom?

Sorry.

Old 07-01-2009, 06:31 AM
Back in SD**

I mean I have 1~3mm of clearance. Here is a picture to help

Old 09-22-2009, 06:05 PM
Well..... after months of having the STB sitting in my trunk, I finally had a chance to get it installed. WHAT A PAIN IN THE A$$!!! I had to pull the bumper cover, headlights, radiator support, and Vortech to get to the lower bolt on the drivers side bracket. Luckily, I had to remove most of this stuff to replace an AC line that the Vortech had worn through. If I had to go through all that just for the STB I would not be a happy camper.

So, It's finally on, and it made a noticeable difference in the way the cars handles.

Ian

Old 09-22-2009, 07:22 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by LowUFO
Well..... after months of having the STB sitting in my trunk, I finally had a chance to get it installed. WHAT A PAIN IN THE A$$!!! I had to pull the bumper cover, headlights, radiator support, and Vortech to get to the lower bolt on the drivers side bracket. Luckily, I had to remove most of this stuff to replace an AC line that the Vortech had worn through. If I had to go through all that just for the STB I would not be a happy camper.

So, It's finally on, and it made a noticeable difference in the way the cars handles.

Ian
Why did you have to pull all that stuff? I got that bolt installed with just removing my filter and dropping the suspension down a bit. I understand removing the blower since its right there, but your headlights? Why?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Relentless Autosports STB Resolution ONLY