Wilwood vs Rotora BBK?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 01:24 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Wilwood vs Rotora BBK?

Greetings everyone. I tried searching the forums and haven't come up with a definitive answer, so here I am posting.

I am looking at the exact same sizes
14" front 6 piston with
13" rear 4 piston kits

What is the difference between Wilwood and Rotora? Is it just the name? or do Rotora's utilize more area on the rotor?
Is it materials? Longevity?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!
Adrian

Old 04-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I would say that the rotora kits have a little more bling to them, might win you a little more show points and such. I seriously dont think you could go wrong with either of them. My suggestion is find out the the pad swept area and see who has the bigger pad selection. I know wilwood calipers accommodate a lot of different pads in most of their calipers, not sure about Rotora. Also I would think wilwood replacements parts will be easier to source since they are a US-based company. My guess is you'll also save a few $$$ with the wilwood on initial purchase?

I've seen the red wilwoods in person and they look pretty sharp for not being a flashy brake company.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was wondering the same decision that you are making right now

Wilwoods offers solid and inexpensive BBKs that perform! Like Stoptech, their kits are tested to perform with your car and work/ improves your cars braking bias.

Rotoras definitely have more of a bling factor! They spend less time in R&D while enables them to price their kits lower and are manufactured in Taiwan. Here some info that made me decide against Rotoras.

Originally Posted by bigc
Rotora is severely lacking in quality and customer service. They do not produce the brakes themselves and can't provide any technical support. Further, they skimp on parts which other manufacturers include as a normal matter (ex. anti-vibration clips on their 2-piece rotors). Finally, they provide zero customer service if problems arise. I had my calipers powdercoated and had them perform the tear-down and rebuild just to make sure there would be no issues. They destroyed one of my rear calipers, wouldn't own up to it, and tried to screw me on a replacement caliper.

If you're going to spend $3,000-$4,000 on a car part, you deserve to know that you're using quality parts that the manufacturer will stand behind. With Rotora, you get neither.
I've heard and research many negative things about the Rotora kits and I personally would advise you not to buy them especially if you are going to track. They seems strictly like show brakes to me.

The Wilwoods are more performance brakes to me as they have the smallest caliper sizes (physically) compared to their competition and their rotors aren't as flashy.

If you opt for the Rotora's, I highly recommend that you spend a few hundred extra and buy a Stoptech kit. I've recently purchased a Stoptech kit with 4 piston front, 4 piston rear with 14" drilled rotors all around for $4200. A great price considering the quality, assurance, and customer care you will receive compared to Rotoras.

Also, Rotora does not have pad options and you must order their pads which from what I understand, are pricey. Wilwoods and Stoptechs have a various range of pad option which are inexpensive.

Last edited by Blackmouf; 04-03-2009 at 01:09 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:52 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
bump

Any other opinions?