Lowering on 18's and 20's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 02:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, well that sort of explains some discrepancies in our numbers with the alignment.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by stock G
No problem, man. Anytime. Sometimes, it is more courteous to pitch in and be alittle more helpful, than to always give someone a "search button" advice, reguardless if the topic has been repeated numerous times.....know what im sayin'.

With all due respect, keep us updated with pictures after the results. We all want to see and know visually what you came up with.

Totally agree. I won't name names, but there is one guy that is just downright hateful. I've ran across his threads from over the last year and he is just a consistent jerk. I've about worn that search button out, but sometimes you just gotta ask to get the answers you need...

Wednesday I'm getting the rims done. Will take before and after pics of course and this week I should be ordering the springs and shocks.

Now to everyone. On my way to work today I saw a little accord slammed (not very well either) and it got me thinking about the 350z and G springs and why the 350's give you more of a level drop than the G's. A lot of people are going to go "duh" right now I'm sure. The G's leave it up higher in the back to account for people sitting in the back seat. If I drop with Tokico HP's and use the Tanabe GF210's for the 350's, am I gonna have issues with rubbing if I throw a couple fatty's in the back????

Thanks!

Old 04-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by bigm789
Totally agree. I won't name names, but there is one guy that is just downright hateful. I've ran across his threads from over the last year and he is just a consistent jerk. I've about worn that search button out, but sometimes you just gotta ask to get the answers you need...

Wednesday I'm getting the rims done. Will take before and after pics of course and this week I should be ordering the springs and shocks.

Now to everyone. On my way to work today I saw a little accord slammed (not very well either) and it got me thinking about the 350z and G springs and why the 350's give you more of a level drop than the G's. A lot of people are going to go "duh" right now I'm sure. The G's leave it up higher in the back to account for people sitting in the back seat. If I drop with Tokico HP's and use the Tanabe GF210's for the 350's, am I gonna have issues with rubbing if I throw a couple fatty's in the back????

Thanks!
Just don't throw any fatties in the back!!!!!! We ride low son, no fat chicks.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by NaiveRapture
Just don't throw any fatties in the back!!!!!! We ride low son, no fat chicks.

Word!!! lol... How bout skinny girls? Are those shocks and springs gonna be enough to keep it from rubbing on a bump or just driving down the street?

Old 04-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by bigm789
Word!!! lol... How bout skinny girls? Are those shocks and springs gonna be enough to keep it from rubbing on a bump or just driving down the street?
You'll probably be fine. Going out to the bar with a ton of people about a month ago, they decided they wanted to ride in my car so I had 4 decent sized guys in there haha. We only scraped going over this really nasty raised cement thing getting into the parking lot, I don't think it would have been a problem with normal driving....

Old 05-31-2009, 11:35 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 155 Likes on 116 Posts
Here's some other pics not in my progression thread to show you the drop of the NF210s.. These were taken over the past week or so after the springs settled.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:38 PM
Damn that thing is secksi dude

Old 06-01-2009, 09:07 PM
will gsedan eibach spring fit a coupe how will it look

Old 06-01-2009, 11:15 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Originally Posted by NaiveRapture
Damn that thing is secksi dude
Thanks bro.. Just doin my thing and trying to catch up to all these fly rides in here..

Old 06-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by twalls
Thanks bro.. Just doin my thing and trying to catch up to all these fly rides in here..
Yeah me too... Though I just realized I've been spending too much money and so, no mods to the car for... well, probably forever hahahah. Dammit.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great thread! Twalls... very nice ride. The only thing I wish is that I lived near "drone" so I could get stuff painted, lol.

As for your drop, again, its really nice. However, I wish there were some pics somewhere of the nf210s on a g with 19s just to see if the difference in gap is noticeable. As of now though, I think I may go with those NFs if/when I do mine. Im still not sure I even want to drop mine. But, when/if I do, I definitely want a similar ride to stock and no rice bounce.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:19 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
^Thanks man... Much appreciated.. Yeah as far as difference in ride, you really don't notice any difference.. There's only a 5% difference in spring rates, so it really feels like stock but you get the benefit of a lowered stance. For someone on the fence, I'd definitely recommend these springs. I have an aftermarket front, rear bumper, and sideskirts and I don't rub on speed bumps or anything.. I'm sure I get a little raised w/ 20s but even w/ 19's you won't have any clearance problems. I'm sure.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by twalls
^Thanks man... Much appreciated.. Yeah as far as difference in ride, you really don't notice any difference.. There's only a 5% difference in spring rates, so it really feels like stock but you get the benefit of a lowered stance. For someone on the fence, I'd definitely recommend these springs. I have an aftermarket front, rear bumper, and sideskirts and I don't rub on speed bumps or anything.. I'm sure I get a little raised w/ 20s but even w/ 19's you won't have any clearance problems. I'm sure.
On the fence is an understatement! Im torn between grabbing these springs or buying my akrapovic slip on for my bike... lol.

I got a few quotes from different vendors on here and the pricing isnt bad at all. Oh, and excuse me if you already said this, but are you on stock shocks? Oh, and you're going to have a PM too cuz I have another question but it isnt related to suspension.

Thanks and, once again, VERY great looking ride!

Old 06-03-2009, 06:57 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
yeah stock shocks.. no sport suspension or anything... I got mine from b2autodesigns I think they're called.. Thanks for the compliments man.. I appreciate it..

Old 06-03-2009, 10:49 PM
dropped on 18's

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Lowering on 18's and 20's