OEM Spring and Camber Arm swap?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 10:35 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
OEM Spring and Camber Arm swap?

I've read tons of threads about swapping OEM springs to get a nice, cheap drop (Coupe/Z combo, Z all around, etc.). Many of these require new shocks/struts so you don't bounce or wear out the original OEMs. Many also require a camber kit if you don't want either the negative camber look or prematurely worn out tires.

So, here's my question. What's the difference between the camber arms/upper links from the various models (Z, Coupe, Sedan, X)? If I'm dropping a Sedan with Coupe springs, could I also swap out the upper links and keep my suspension aligned (i.e., no negative camber)?

I've checked a few places for OEM parts, and the Z, Coupe, and Sedan upper links are the same price, but I don't know if they're the same part. The X part is more money.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
i see where you are coming from but i think its pending the position of the shock. its most likely the same arms but the obviously you can position them a lot of different ways.

camber kits allow for positive and negative adjustments but almost all cases of lowering requires you to add more positive camber to bring it back to stock.

if you take the arms with the springs your just going to be doing more work because the arms are the same. least thats how i view things.