Brake light on because of loose emergency brake...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Brake light on because of loose emergency brake...

Hey guys,

so i was putting my summer wheels on, and when i went to press the e brake (i have an auto sedan so its the pedal on the floor you have to press) my foot slid off of the pedal and of course it didnt hold and the pedal flung back up, but i pushed it again and it went down fine. now once i went back and started the car and released the brake, the light is still on, but if i jiggle the e brake pedal it / push it to one side, the light goes out.....

is there anyway to adjust it?? or any suggestions on how to fix this?

thanks!!

Old 06-13-2009, 05:43 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry to hear that Rick. Don't think it's too big of a problem. I know there is a way you can adjust the tension of the e-brake somewhere on here.

How do the wheels look? Everything go on smoothly?

Old 06-14-2009, 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by g35freak86
Sorry to hear that Rick. Don't think it's too big of a problem. I know there is a way you can adjust the tension of the e-brake somewhere on here.

How do the wheels look? Everything go on smoothly?
Ya i found a couple threads on how to adjust the e brake but they were for coupes with the pull up handle in the center console, and they were describing how to adjust the ebrake around the rear rotors which isnt really my problem, ill have to get under there and look around at what i can tighten around the ebrake pedal, since i know its just the sensor for the pedal its not a horrible problem.... just an annoying light on the dash lol....

Wheels look great,,, i posted a picture back on my original WTB posting...

Old 07-31-2009, 10:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi skyfox16, i know this is an old thread, But i have the same issue with my e-brake and it driving me insane to see that light on. Could you tell me how you reseolved this issue?

Old 07-31-2009, 10:39 PM
Hey,
i actually had look under the dash and i followed the arm for the e brake up and found that there is a plastic box that the ebrake makes contact with that makes the light turn on or off depending on if the ebrake is pressed down or not. this little plastic box got flipped up somehow so the ebrake wasnt pushing the sensor all the way in when i had the brake released, i imagine this happened because like my earlier post said my foot slid of the pedal and the ebrake flung back up to the normal position and made a loud bang noise. all i did was flip the sensor back down where it should have been.

it was hard to actualy get in between the seat and under the steering wheel to look up behind the dash but when you do you should see the box.

If you need i can take a picture of the sensor thing for you.....