New! 2-Pc Rotor for Akebono Brakes - Interest Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Since these rotors are actually a new design for them (not in production yet), they do need 10 people before they start production, so please sign up if you are interested. A link to the post for these rotors in in the first thread, GB pricing is posted there. Here's the link again:

https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...ml#post4494423
you might have posted before I edited my previous...

But they don’t need a GB to make these... I called them before knowing anything about a GB - I could have ordered direct and had them in 6-8 weeks.... that wasn’t soon enough to make upcoming photoshoots so I decided to wait for CZP to release theirs or Stoptech (since I’ve already pre-paid when I bought the calipers).

The GB is worth it for those interested since its cheaper than buying direct... but you make it sound like a GB is the only way to get these made, which isn’t the case.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
They have not started production on these yet, so you cannot order these yet. They do not plan to start production on these until they get 10 preorders, otherwise this may not happen. Read the first post from Racing Brake on the link I posted here and you will see it says for "pre-order" only, or you can PM Clint @ RacingBrake on here if you like.

And, yes, the initial pre-order price is VERY good compared to what these will list at once they go into production.

Old 09-01-2009, 04:12 PM
good thing I didnt give my cc info when they were ready to take my order... I wonder why they told me they would beready in 6-8 weeks from order date (if I had)

Also, I wonder what happens to people that placed their order and enter cc info in the link I posted (post #14)?

I'm surpized RB would have rotors listed for sale on thier website and take orders by phone if there's a chance the rotors wont even be made... makes me think twice about future purchases if thats the case.

Old 09-01-2009, 04:14 PM
They have not started production on these yet, so you cannot order these yet. They do not plan to start production on these until they get 10 preorders, otherwise this may not happen. Read the first post from Racing Brake on the link I posted here and you will see it says for "pre-order" only, or you can PM Clint @ RacingBrake on here if you like.

And, yes, the initial pre-order price is VERY good compared to what these are listed for.
fixed

here's the link again:

http://www.racingbrake.com/G37_s/3603.htm

Old 09-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Yeah, I don't know. I didn't even realize they had these listed on their web-site yet.

I'll see if Clint can clarifly for us.

Old 09-01-2009, 04:16 PM
I said it 7 posts ago

Old 09-01-2009, 04:43 PM
I know, I saw your post. I meant I didn't realize they were on their site yet until I saw your inital post.

Anyway, I just talked to Clint at RacingBrake and he tells me that the listing for those should specify that the are not available yet or unavailable, so he is going to check into that. He also said that if you were to place an order for those that they don't actually charge your cc until they ship the product, so you wouldn't see the charge come up until they ship, which would be around 14 weeks after we can get 10 preorders together at the discounted GB price.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:55 PM
I know, I saw your post. I meant I didn't realize they were on their site yet until I saw your inital post.

Anyway, I just talked to Clint at RacingBrake and he tells me that the listing for those should specify that the are not available yet or unavailable, so he is going to check into that. He also said that if you were to place an order for those that they don't actually charge your cc until they ship the product, so you wouldn't see the charge come up until they ship, which would be around 14 weeks after we can get 10 preorders together at the discounted GB price.
make sure he talks to the same person I did:

Originally Posted by OCG35
you don’t need a GB for them to start production… just order them – takes 6-8 weeks from what they told me.

Discounted pricing on the other hand would make a GB worthwhile… how much cheaper wold the GB be than direct?
http://www.racingbrake.com/G37_s/3603.htm

Edit: nvmnd... I just saw the link to the GB... decent discount... still more than Stoptech are anticipated to be though.
you might have posted before I edited my previous...

But they don’t need a GB to make these... I called them before knowing anything about a GB - I could have ordered direct and had them in 6-8 weeks.... that wasn’t soon enough to make upcoming photoshoots so I decided to wait for CZP to release theirs or Stoptech (since I’ve already pre-paid when I bought the calipers).

The GB is worth it for those interested since its cheaper than buying direct... but you make it sound like a GB is the only way to get these made, which isn’t the case.
good thing I didnt give my cc info when they were ready to take my order... I wonder why they told me they would beready in 6-8 weeks from order date (if I had)

Also, I wonder what happens to people that placed their order and enter cc info in the link I posted (post #14)?

I'm surpized RB would have rotors listed for sale on thier website and take orders by phone if there's a chance the rotors wont even be made... makes me think twice about future purchases if thats the case.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:05 PM
make sure he talks to the same person I did:
I'll be over at their place in Fullerton on Thursday and will mention it to him. Do you happen to know who you talked to?

Old 09-01-2009, 06:11 PM
I'll be over at their place in Fullerton on Thursday and will mention it to him. Do you happen to know who you talked to?
unfortunatley no... after I was told 6-8 weeks, I wasnt considering it anymore...

Give 'em a call and inquire about purchasing - they will tell you the time-frame...

Old 09-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I'd love to get some 2 piece fronts, but if they come drilled and slotted. Gotta have the looks for me.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Update on the RacingBrake 2-Pc rear rotors!

Just went in for the test fit last week and everything looks good.. they only need to make a slight modification to the seating surface for the internal parking brake, otherwise fitment looks perfect, so production should start soon.

FYI... they used 6061 billet aluminum for the "hat" part of the rotor assembly to help save additional weight. This helped these rotors come in at 4lbs lighter than the factory rotors per side. While not as great of a weight savings as the fronts, that's still a huge weight savings, especially considering that's both unsprung weight and rotating mass. Here are a couple of pics of the rotors on the scale:

They are hoping to have the first preproduction units ready to install on my car before the end of the month, so I will keep you guys updated.