Sedan S Tech question?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 02:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is anyone with a sedan on S-Tech springs that aligned there car different from the stock specs? If so can you please share, I'm hoping I can keep my set up and not have to buy anything.

Thanks,

Old 03-03-2010, 02:22 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
i should be recieving my stechs for my sedan on the 8th. i will install them on the 14th and align my car myself at my old shop so i will give some specs then

Old 08-28-2010, 03:04 AM
Just wondering if you have the specs.... because i have JUST bought the stechs today and i am gonna get it installed in like a couple hours so before i install them i want to know so i can pull out from installing it or not. because i have brand new tires and i dont wanna mess them up. REALISTICALLY if i dont put rear cambers will it affect the tires a WHOLE BUNCH? i have a 2006 G sedan with sports package if that helps. this while camber kit issue is scaring the crap outta me because i dont wanna spend more money on cambers lol. and as for wheel alighment, do i just take it to the shop and get a regular wheel alighnment or do i need to say something else to them..... im a noob and still trying to learn.... i searched and serached... x.x

Old 08-28-2010, 03:53 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Here's the deal twinky, the common thought on this forum is that if you drop your car more than an inch you need camber kits both f/r to avoid excessive tire wear. However, come people swear you need the kits if you are lowered at all and some members have reported drops of up to 2" with no camber kits and no unusual wear.

I have an 05 sedan and was dropped on H Techs with no camber kit and feathered the crap out of my front tires in 8000 miles even after an alignment. Then I dropped even lower on S Techs and added a f/r camber kit with no issues so far. I'm dropping even lower next week with coilovers on the way. If I had to go back and do it all over again, I would have taken everyone's advice and saved up until I had the $$ for camber kits and coils and done this all at once. I would have had to wait a little longer to do that, but in the long run I would have saved myself hundreds of dollars in springs, tires, and alignments. That alone would have paid for my coils and camber kits.

Bottom line is it's not cheap to go low in the G, so be smart and do it right the first time. You might think springs are all you'll want, but trust me. If you start to go low you'll never be satisfied until you get to coilovers which give you a wide range of adjustability.

Old 08-28-2010, 04:03 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by saoLin413
i went with tein basics and adjusted them almost all the way to the bottom. i was surprised that the car rode a lot smoother with the basics than the s techs with z shocks.
That's good to hear, I have coils on the way. Your old set up didn't last long for me either.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:31 AM
Originally Posted by kennymo
i should be recieving my stechs for my sedan on the 8th. i will install them on the 14th and align my car myself at my old shop so i will give some specs then
Kennymo did you get the stechs installed and what is the verdict on needing a camber kit. I really dont want to get them if they aren't absoloutely neccessary. I know I will have negative camber but as long as it's not excessive I'm ok with it.

Old 11-05-2010, 03:28 AM
aiite turns out i need camber kits too... but seriously do ireally need it? i got the lifetime wheel alignment at firestone, some tells me i made the dumbest choice, some says they work... but my rear is off by -1.6 and -.06 is that bad...?