350z Tein h tech with stock struts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 04:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
350z Tein h tech with stock struts?

The spring rates are a little more for sure, but would this be a bad combo? Current struts have about 46k miles.

Also does anyone know the drop on the 350z tein h-techs on a 2004ish coupe?

Can this be done without camber kits and just a normal alignment?

Thanks in advance =)

Old 10-25-2009, 04:28 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
it would drop your coupe half inch.
it dropped my sedan 1 inch. i did not need camber kit and its a perfectly fine combo. i also used the stock struts

Old 10-25-2009, 04:59 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
i installed my 350z h-techs on my car at around your same mileage and have done a few thousand on them since. they give a decent drop, looks a lot better, but you dont scrape too much. i would def recommend getting spacers though.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:39 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
You can do that, your shocks will wear faster and blow earlier, so either way you're going to end up replacing them. If not now than later.

Also budget front and rear camber kits for that drop. You may not need it, but I have the same springs and had to buy both to get my car back into alignment. You don't want to not have the $$ to buy camber kits if you need them and end up eating through your tires.

Good luck.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by tragedycat
You can do that, your shocks will wear faster and blow earlier, so either way you're going to end up replacing them. If not now than later.

Also budget front and rear camber kits for that drop. You may not need it, but I have the same springs and had to buy both to get my car back into alignment. You don't want to not have the $$ to buy camber kits if you need them and end up eating through your tires.

Good luck.
Did you get your car aligned after the drop? It was my understanding that anything under an inch you'll be able to get it aligned, but beyond that you'd need a camber kit for proper alignment.

I was hoping for slightly more than half an inch. I would like to get the maximum drop without needing a camber kit. Anyone have recommendations?

Old 10-25-2009, 03:10 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Crovax
Did you get your car aligned after the drop? It was my understanding that anything under an inch you'll be able to get it aligned, but beyond that you'd need a camber kit for proper alignment.

I was hoping for slightly more than half an inch. I would like to get the maximum drop without needing a camber kit. Anyone have recommendations?
I let it settle for 3wks before getting an alignment, and could not get it back in spec. Anybody that tells you a 350z H-Tech drop is always guaranteed to align right without camber kits is talking out of their ***. Trust me. You may get lucky with your car, but I'd always budget for a front/rear camber kit in case you run into trouble.

Also, any drop that is guaranteed not to need a camber kit will be so slight it won't be worth your time and trouble. Some people drop their car on revised 350z springs, it's not even noticeable.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by tragedycat
Also, any drop that is guaranteed not to need a camber kit will be so slight it won't be worth your time and trouble. Some people drop their car on revised 350z springs, it's not even noticeable.
I'm gradually beginning to see this... It just pisses me off that we have to get camber kits for anything noticeable at all. My friend's 325i is lowered an inch and a half and he can lower it another inch and still not need a camber kit.

If I'm going to get camber kits I might as well go with S-techs anyways..

Old 10-25-2009, 08:34 PM
My advice since I also have a 2004 coupe with 350Z H-Techs, get aftermarket struts/shocks if you are going to lower it. I lowered mine with 350Z H-techs as well and my stock struts were shot after a few weeks. but then again, i had 75k+ miles on the stock struts when i decided to lower it. The car's handling felt like crap and felt very unsafe taking fast turns.

I wanted to buy shocks and struts that would last but not break the bank. Naturally i looked at Tokicos. I narrowed my choices down the the Tokico D-Specs and the Tokico HP Blues. I called Tokico directly and they did confirm the D-Specs are the exact same hardware as the Tokico HP blues, aside from the fact that the D-Specs have adjustable dampening. I'm not one to be adjusting the dampening on my suspension so i went ahead and bought the Tokico HP blues and saved myself $200-$300 over the D-Specs.

I did not need a camber kit to get my car aligned within spec with the 350Z H-Techs. It aligned perfectly and rides great. The 350Z S-techs will most assuredly require a camber kit for the rears since it will throw it off a lot and you want to get as much even wear to save your tires and get the most mileage out of them.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:14 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have 350z H techs installed on 350z struts.. No problems.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:08 AM
Received 168 Likes on 149 Posts
I have 350z H-techs on stock 06 shocks w/ chamber kit. Most likely you would want to invest on some rear chamber kit for your tires. I would recommend just getting S-techs with rear chamber kit and call it a day. If your shocks go out later then replace them for tokicos later when more funds become available.

https://g35driver.com/forums/media-s...z-h-techs.html

Old 10-26-2009, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by krnn1cenamja
I have 350z H-techs on stock 06 shocks w/ chamber kit. Most likely you would want to invest on some rear chamber kit for your tires. I would recommend just getting S-techs with rear chamber kit and call it a day. If your shocks go out later then replace them for tokicos later when more funds become available.

https://g35driver.com/forums/media-s...z-h-techs.html
I'm leaning towards this, because I can try and get used S-techs for like $150 then a $150 rear camber kit and call it a day for now. Maybe after I get new wheels next year I'll pick up a front camber kit and new shocks. Those tokico HP shocks look very promising - with how much the d-specs are recommended I had forgotten about them. Considering how little I intend to track my car, the adjustability isn't a feature worth paying $200 more for.

Your H techs look good, but I don't want to cut my spring mounts so I'll probably go with the S techs. I think your drop looks similar to the s-tech drop.