Tein H-Tech springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
anyone else have the issue with the H techs being bouncy? going to install them this coming weekend and if they are bouncy I will save myself the trouble lol. prob gonna do Tokico HP shocks while i am there anyways and I dont want a homie bounce turning my shocks to crap.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:21 AM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I did a lot of research and they supposedly ride pretty good...I think that I am only going to do the front though because the back looks pretty good to me. I will try to post picks on Thursday after I get it done...as long as the springs show up on time.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:26 AM
If anyone is looking to lower the rear .7 I might have them for sale, I should know in a couple of days if I want to do it. You could PM me if interested.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:28 AM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
I have H-techs and for some reason my car is lower than the others I have seen with them. Even the person who installed them commented on it.

[IMG][/IMG]

I know its a bad angle sorry.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:34 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by OKStateG35
By the way, your car looks great. I really wish I would have picked up one of those OEM lips before they were discontinued.
Thanks man, it's coming along.

I actually bought my lip from CandlestickPark last year and I paid 1/3 what a new one cost. Look around the different G forums and post up WTB ads. You'll eventually find one.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mkvl127
i got the tein H techs on my 05 X...id get the coupe springs and struts for the rear cuz the teins r softer then stock in the back..car looks lower in the rear..especially when i got a full tank and cant really have more then one person in the back (which i dont mind)..and bouncer then i want..there great in the front though
You seriously can't have more than one person in your car? Somethings gotta be wrong, because it's not even a big drop at all with the H-Techs. I've had them on for 8 months and I have my car full of people all the time. I drive my car a lot for work as well and I've never had any problems at all, and it's never been bouncy. Maybe I got lucky but I doubt it.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:54 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Playa24_7
You seriously can't have more than one person in your car? Somethings gotta be wrong, because it's not even a big drop at all with the H-Techs. I've had them on for 8 months and I have my car full of people all the time. I drive my car a lot for work as well and I've never had any problems at all, and it's never been bouncy. Maybe I got lucky but I doubt it.
He has an X so it's probably sitting slightly lower than yours or maybe he has wider wheels/tires. I'm surprised he says it's bouncy though because I've always heard the H-Techs ride great.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:43 AM
Received 113 Likes on 103 Posts
He has an X so it's probably sitting slightly lower than yours or maybe he has wider wheels/tires. I'm surprised he says it's bouncy though because I've always heard the H-Techs ride great.
w/ the X, Tein will provide an additional .5" drop over RWD. The H-Tech do have a softer ride and compress more when under load in the rear. Still, they provide a nice, subtle drop.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by MissouriG35
w/ the X, Tein will provide an additional .5" drop over RWD. The H-Tech do have a softer ride and compress more when under load in the rear. Still, they provide a nice, subtle drop.
The more I think about this, the more I wonder if the additional .5" drop on an X is due to the extra weight or the fact that the X has taller springs from the factory.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Received 113 Likes on 103 Posts
The more I think about this, the more I wonder if the additional .5" drop on an X is due to the extra weight or the fact that the X has taller springs from the factory.
X has taller factory springs/suspension. Approx .5 over RWD.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by MissouriG35
X has taller factory springs/suspension. Approx .5 over RWD.
I realize that.

What I'm wondering is when everybody says 'so and so springs will give you .5" more drop than on a RWD', does that mean it's actually an extra 1" drop when you factor in the fact that the X was .5" taller to begin with.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:20 PM
Those of you with the H-techs, did you think that the drop was true to spec??? I am undecided if I want to put the rear springs on. It looks like they will rub bad if I put them on and I only have a little less than 1" gap in the rear now. A little less than two fingers. I have new 235/45/18 tires on 18 X 8 coupe rims with 30mm offset.

Attached Thumbnails Tein H-Tech springs-p1080466.jpg   Tein H-Tech springs-p1080464.jpg  
Old 04-19-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by SILVERAZG35
Those of you with the H-techs, did you think that the drop was true to spec??? I am undecided if I want to put the rear springs on. It looks like they will rub bad if I put them on and I only have a little less than 1" gap in the rear now. A little less than two fingers. I have new 235/45/18 tires on 18 X 8 coupe rims with 30mm offset.
Did you put them on for those pictures or is that stock height?

Old 04-19-2010, 04:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not meaning to hijack the thread but since this subject pertains to my question I figured might as well go ahead and ask. If this isn't appropriate and should be in the tech area I apologize and I'll move it ova

I've been doing some research on these, more specifically the 350z Htech springs for my 2006 6MT sedan, and I'm still a little confused. From what I've read you can simply put these springs on the car and achieve the drop you want but it'll mess with the camber settings and give uneven tire wear right? I've seen people say that you don't need to put stuff like camber arms and toe bolts on but it'll help in the long run?

Essentially my question is what all would you need to get to help eliminate/minimize the effects of the springs on the tires? Just front and rear camber arms and toe bolts or is there something else I'm missing?

Old 04-19-2010, 05:35 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
^People that say you don't need/but it'll help, are either 1) Talking about SEDAN HTechs, 2) Talking about STOCK 350Z springs or 3) are OK with running -3deg camber and eating tires.
If you go with 350z H-Techs, it's going to lower the sedan a good bit. (1 inch + whatever ammount they lower the Z)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Tein H-Tech springs