Suspension help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 11:12 AM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Suspension help

Just replaced the front tires along with my radiator support where it was cracked. Got a thudding noise everytime i take the car above 30 mph. Thought it could be something loose, but i have rechecked everything i took out. I hear thudding noises almost like i have a rock in the tire everytime the tires does a rotation. Its a consistent sound and not intermittent. I know the back tires are worn down and i searched and found a few different threads. Some say it is due to bald back tires but this has never happended even when the belt has shown on the previous set. I have checked to see if theres any play in the bearing but it feels good. Any other ideas? The axle click is and actual metallic clicking sound right?

Old 04-17-2010, 01:07 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Axle click is a legit click and you won't hear it as often rolling, more so a slow speeds when you change gears.

Is it coming from the rear or the front? Check all your tire pressure and feel the insides of your tires for bulges.

When you say you tightened everything you loosened, what exactly did you loosen?

Old 04-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Axle click is a legit click and you won't hear it as often rolling, more so a slow speeds when you change gears.

Is it coming from the rear or the front? Check all your tire pressure and feel the insides of your tires for bulges.

When you say you tightened everything you loosened, what exactly did you loosen?
Just the normal things on the radiator support. Horns and such. I figured it wasnt the acle click. Its coming from the rear of the car. I think it may be the bearing i will just pull it off and see i guess. Need to readjust the parking brake anyways.