Air suspension for those that have personal experience.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 11:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air suspension for those that have personal experience.

Yea as stated I like others have inquired but what I come to find is I like this peice from here that from there etc. I have also seen some assembly parts I would be terrified to even associate with due to my personal safety.

I have looked at UAS as the top of my list but I keep finding different things out there that look to be of more my liking. I am not asking what can I go cheap on or that sorts but more of what has failed (parts) what did you upgrade and why.

I am also curious about driving habits I am not boosted and my daily commute is under 3 miles. Some of you it seems to be have actually gotten away from air and gone back to just being lowered. Why?

Do you really see a need for having 8 switches or do you primarily find yourself just doing FBSS and pancake mode?

I know I like the digital setup displays over needles what parts do you really need and where did you find to be ideal placement.

Would I be better off splitting my system say a front and a seperate rear?

How about placement to save my trunk space?

Five gallon tank or perhaps 2 3 gallon tanks and what ports on the tank did you use.

How does the wiring harness lay out (no one seems to disclose if this is even part of any kit).

Can I add fitting to allow for a small CO2 bottle as a back up in case of compressor or tank failure?

Does it help to put the valves closer to the bag to eliminate bag flex?

What line works better I don't have much confidence in plastic tubing to hold up the pressure.

I am sure more questions will arise on my part. I just don't want to pull the trigger and find myself swapping out parts that I could have just upgraded from the start.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:51 AM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
question overload!!

1. I had no parts fail on my custom pieced together UAS kit.

2. I was boosted, I had a long commute, car drove great. Went back to regular suspension b/c I parted out the car.

3. Didn't see the need, but the option to have was great. You never know when you may need to inflate a specific corner. I had a 7 switch box.

4. For my Dakota Digital gauge, you need pressure sensors for each corner and a pressure sensor for the tank. I placed the gauge in my ash tray.

5. Don't know what you mean about splitting a system front & rear.

6. You can get a pancake tank to go in your spare tire well, you can also get away with one compressor to save space. Valves you can mount outside or under your car if you want ultimate trunk space savings.

7. Don't remember what fittings I used for the tank. My installer took care of all that. They all should be readily available at any industrial fitting supply store.

8. All my wiring was custom made. Not sure what you mean ... did you want a full schematic of what goes where?

9. Yeah, you can add anything you want.

10. Bag flex is not dependent on distance from valves.

11. Plastic tubing is sufficient and works just fine.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:03 PM
i had my compressor and small tank under the carpet where the spare tire goes. the only thing that you would see is the "scuba tank" that was mounted above in the trunk, which i could use in case my compressor went out or didn't want it turning on. i also only had four switches, one for each corner up and down.... what would u use eight switches for??? personally i think u will enjoy the g and its performance ALOT better on some good aftermarket suspension. but good luck with your decision and remember to not cut corners when it comes to safety.

Old 07-30-2010, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by waijai
question overload!!

1. I had no parts fail on my custom pieced together UAS kit.
So what did you trade for what it seems like once the kit is broken down about all I see being used from UAS are the bags and bag brackets
2. I was boosted, I had a long commute, car drove great. Went back to regular suspension b/c I parted out the car. So did the car have alot of recoil so to speak over rough freeway or more of a mild bounce (I use to run with mini truckers and their s*** would bounce like a car on blown shocks and 30 year old collapsed springs)

3. Didn't see the need, but the option to have was great. You never know when you may need to inflate a specific corner. I had a 7 switch box.
So a backup port for a CO2 tank can just be placed in line.
4. For my Dakota Digital gauge, you need pressure sensors for each corner and a pressure sensor for the tank. I placed the gauge in my ash tray.
I think there was another air management system that was digital that had all of the buttons on the display I forgot about the 5 sensors
5. Don't know what you mean about splitting a system front & rear.
I was thinking of finding a location to mount the compressor and tank say in the front of the car for the front bags and then a second tank and compressor to the rear of the car kind of cut down on the guess work of air lines and excessive lengths
6. You can get a pancake tank to go in your spare tire well, you can also get away with one compressor to save space. Valves you can mount outside or under your car if you want ultimate trunk space savings.
I think I would rather save that space for the crappy little pizza wheel in case something to get me home so to speak or once the tanks in the rear are mounted you no longer have access anyhow.
7. Don't remember what fittings I used for the tank. My installer took care of all that. They all should be readily available at any industrial fitting supply store.
Compression fittings what about valve size did you go 1/2 or 3/8 I am not looking to hop the car or power dump it after all its a unibody
8. All my wiring was custom made. Not sure what you mean ... did you want a full schematic of what goes where?Yea kind of a what goes where what gauge wire connectors etc

9. Yeah, you can add anything you want.
Do you still run stock sway bars or do they get removed?
10. Bag flex is not dependent on distance from valves.
So it would not have a firmer ride having the valves located closer to the bags? I am not a track person I did the financial math for coilovers and I figured it would cost me nearly 1800 for the coilovers that I want so whats another 700 bucks at that point to go adjustable really the only time I want the laid out look is when I am parked otherwise I would probably see myself at a 1 inch lower then stock stance so to speak but its kind of hard to do sitting on 20's.
11. Plastic tubing is sufficient and works just fine.
I thought it perhaps caused issue with air travel flex and well here in floriDUH it rains alot so I figured it would cause premature wear.

Old 07-30-2010, 05:56 PM
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
I have UAS but I am going to change out to Air Zenith. Strafe sells these for good price. They are a bit quieter,fill up faster and the big thing is they can be fixed easier if compressors fail.
Hit up Dustin@strafeautomotive
We are happy to announce we can offer Air Zenith air suspensions.
There are other parts needed not listed.
Product Information:

This super fast 200PSI Dual-OB2 Basic On-Board Air Compressor Kit can quickly fill up a 5 gallon air tank from 165-psi to 200-psi in just 40 seconds!

Kit Contents:
■ 2x 200PSI AIR-ZENITH OB2 air compressors.
■ 1x 5-gallon anti-rust aluminum air tank.
■ 1x adjustable pressure switch.
■ 1x 220PSI digital air pressure gauge.
■ 2x 1/2" PTFE-lined stainless steel braided air hoses.
■ 2x 1/2" NPT air tank fittings.
■ 2x 80A heavy duty relays.
■ 2 years manufacture warranty

Product Information:
■ Design for Slip Over Factory OE Struts.
■ Pressure Tube Must < 2.14" Dia.
■ 4.0" Compressed.
■ 9.25" Extended.
■ 5.875" Diameter.
■ 1/4" NPT Port.

Product Information:
■ Comes with 1 high accuracy (+-0.1%) pressure sending unit.
■ Gauge Display: 0 to 220 PSI (Factory Default) or 0 to 15.2 BAR.
■ The gauge can be mounted in any 2-1/16" diameter hole with the bracket supplied.
■ Bonus Feature: The gauge will display your System Voltage for the first 60 seconds.
■ By adding an optional SPDT (Single Pole, Double Throw) switch in between 2 pressure sending units, your single digital gauge can display 2 air source.
■ NOTE: Gauge display will blink on and off as warning when air pressure drops below 110psi or over 220psi. This feature can not be turned off.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow 40 seconds??? thats supaa fast.. compared to like 2 minutes for a viair380c..

but OP, alot of those question u can find on your own. yes, it takes lots of time researching.. ive probably spent 3-5 hours doing my research on all the questions uve asked before deciding to go with AIRRUNNER... i also purchased the accuair elevel kit with all options.. adding on 2nd compressor and dakota digital quad gauge.. my total damage for the bags, 7700.. pricey yes, but i figure i mgith as well go all out and get the best.. not really ******* uas as they were the first brand i had in mind.. i just heard alot of horror stories about them whereas i havent heard anything bad about airrunners.. its all about the install too..