Air bag suspension questions??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Air bag suspension questions??

I have tried searching the site for information and pricing on what I would need to put my 2004 g coupe on air bag suspension with little luck. I thought ideally I would put coils on my car, but from what I see you cant beat the look of having a car on bags (though I am not sure how well they are in the performance aspect). If someone could help fill me in with some details I would greatly appreciate it.

I was curious if someone could also tell me what steps I would need to take to put bags on my coupe, what parts or kits you would recommend and what pricing I would be looking at to buy and install the set up...

Thanks for you help.

Max

Old 08-15-2010, 01:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 08-16-2010, 09:31 PM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Old 08-17-2010, 06:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just search "air suspension" and you get a ****load of information...

Searching really isn't that hard guys! And 9/10 times you'll get a lot more information from searching than asking questions that no one wants to answer for the 100th time haha.

Just to help you out though:

You can still use coils with bags. If you have money to spend I would definitely get coils + UAS. In my honest opinion, I don't think you'll be going the bagged route if you can't answer those questions. Pricing is going to be around 3k for a good set up installed. If you can do it yourself, take back around $500. You definitely dont want to cheap out on bags.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
theres too much work you need to put in to get bags.if your a baller go for it.from what i've read up, the maintenance on these things are a pain in the ***.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:47 PM
i.love.gold
Originally Posted by dyzfoo
theres too much work you need to put in to get bags.if your a baller go for it.from what i've read up, the maintenance on these things are a pain in the ***.
Don't know what you heard, I ran bags for a couple years with no problems or maintenance issues. ShanesG has my old setup now and I think it's been pretty good to him as well.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:51 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
waijai - was your car or is shanes car DAILY driven. like only car that you were driving

Old 08-17-2010, 10:53 PM
i.love.gold
my car was daily driven for about a year after the initial bag install, then I got a second car

Old 08-17-2010, 10:53 PM
i.love.gold
status:0ne has been daily driving his bag on coils system for a while now as well, driving DUMPT everyday

Old 08-17-2010, 11:02 PM
ok. i was just curious.

i used to install air ride and build custom setups for a living.

i am the one that dyzfoo got his info from. and the reason that i told him what i did is because its a fact. there is a lot of maintenance. and like you said. yours was only daily drivin for a year or so. and i would only hope that that is possible otherwise the parts were very cheap or installed wrong.

when i say that there is maintenance involved. i dont want people to think that every week or month something is going to be worked on or something like that. and even within the first year to year and a half things probably wont need to be worked on. maybe a couple relays will go bad depending on what the installer used. but other than that. that first year or so there should be no issues.

edit - almost forgot. where you live, how your roads are, what your weather conditions are. WILL play a big role in how long things last as well

its when you start to hit year 2-2.5 and on. things do start failing and need to either be replaced or rebuild.

notes - this is not meant to be an argument towards you or anyone else. this is mearly just me explaining what i know.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:36 AM
I freaked out when I saw that there was a lot of maitenance issues as I didn't read any of that. It makes sense that **** needs to be replaced a couple years down. I figure if everything is installed properly and cheap parts arent used, the bags will be fine.

Kennymo, I see that you are in the bay area, do you still do installs? How long does it take you to install UAS? I've heard anything from 10 hours to 30+?

Old 08-18-2010, 01:52 AM
i CAN do the install. and HAVE done the install. the UAS kit is actually really easy to install. i said it before and will say it again. 30 hours is way to long to install a complete bolt on kit. i unfortunatly do not have the time to do installs right now though because i am extremely busy with work and getting ready for the baby that i am having. but when i do have time i could help people with stuff regarding there air suspension.

bolt on air ride kits such as the UAS kit is such an easy install i can probably right up a step by step how to without even doing the install at the same time...

the bags themselves should take someone that can change springs no longer than 30 miinutes to install. *30 minutes being how long it takes me to replace springs on our cars*

the airline shouldnt take more than 20 minutes to run from bags to valves to tank.

valves take about 5 minutes to put together, incuding putting the fittings on them. *putting them together consist of mounted the fill and dump valve to each other and putting on the fittings. so 5 minutes times 4 is 20 minutes, 30 tops*

compressors dont take but 2 minutes to run the leader hose to the tank so multiply that by 2 *2 compressors* thats 4 minutes, maybe 5

switchbox will take about 45 minutes to an hour to wire up to all the valves

compressors will take about 20 minutes to wire up

guages about an hour to hook up

30 seconds to play with it and realize that is fvckin awesome

total install time - AT MOST 5 hours. and thats with doing it in your own garage. but at the same time thats non stop working. so between smoke breaks, food breaks, **** breaks, dealing with baby mama breaks. i would say it should take you no longer than 10 hours to install the whole kit

Old 08-18-2010, 01:55 AM
Hmmm wow that seems a lot easier than some of the **** I read. I just don't want to hook up a 2k+ system myself that could be ****ed up if I don't install it properly. Do you have to know of any shops around the area that can help with this? I feel like if something is not installed properly;, some serious **** could go down lol.

Old 08-18-2010, 02:02 AM
i have never dealt with shops around here for air ride but i think mach III does it or something like that. all the shops that i know of are in the fresno area. they deal more with mini trucks and stuff but also do installs on anything. and they are definatly top notch shops.

im not trying to sound cocky at all when i talk about this stuff either so i hope no one takes it that way. i am just trying to help people out. but if i walked into a shop and they said they were going to charge me for 30 hours to install air suspension i would laugh at them and never go back.

Old 08-18-2010, 02:05 AM
Yeah, I don't think anyone is taking it that way. 30 hours is ****ing ridiculous. I might as well just pay for FI. I'll contact Mach III and see how much money they want. Thanks a lot man! I hope you don't mind if I come back with some more questions ahaha.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Air bag suspension questions??