Will I need a camber kit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 07:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Will I need a camber kit?

I'm excited to announce I just paid for my staggered 20's to put on my 2005 6MT. I'm expecting a drop will be necessary to get the aggressive look we all chase, but my question is will i need a camber kit for 350z tein s tech lowering springs. My rims are 20x8.5 in the front tires will be 255/35/20 and the rear will be 20x10 with 285/30/20. I'm a visual guy so if you post pics it would be helpful. Now before you G35 Driver Gurus ( respectfully) go on a search spree...I'm looking for new insights perhaps from a combination of old and new members. You guys have been instrumental in the past so if you have advice please jump in. Oh yeah if you are running this set up any advice or experiences you share will be valuable.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:18 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Yes, s-techs need front and rear chambers... H-techs its not so necessary.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:35 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yes.
I have oem 350z springs on my coupe- mild drop.
I still need a camber kit.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:01 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
First off I wanna start by saying idk why you NEED a camber kit. IDK why the people above me say you NEED a camber kit. You may WANT a camber kit if you dont want negative camber. If your going super aggressive tho with rims and tires and a drop you will have negative camber. Any sort of drop ADDS negative camber.

it all depends DO YOU WANT negative camber. I am on 350z S-tech springs I had no camber kit for over a year. Then I got a rear camber kit and toe bolt still no front camber kit and my fronts last prob around 2 years.

so NO you dont NEED one but if you dont want negative camber you should get one. If you have very little negative camber its prob not a big deal. I am on 350z S-tech and If I were to do it again I would of lived with my rear negative camber and not even wasted money on Rear camber arms and toe bolts and installation.

lots of people are SLAMMED on coils and dont have adjustable front A arms

Personally if it were me I would say forget it unless it was horrible camber. Remember tho if you get a camber kit and get your camber adjusted it will throw your toe out so you will need toe bolts or toe arms.

https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...mber-arms.html

Last edited by toymachine2009; 01-25-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by toymachine2009
First off I wanna start by saying idk why you NEED a camber kit. IDK why the people above me say you NEED a camber kit. You may WANT a camber kit if you dont want negative camber. If your going super aggressive tho with rims and tires and a drop you will have negative camber. Any sort of drop ADDS negative camber.

it all depends DO YOU WANT negative camber. I am on 350z S-tech springs I had no camber kit for over a year. Then I got a rear camber kit and toe bolt still no front camber kit and my fronts last prob around 2 years.

so NO you dont NEED one but if you dont want negative camber you should get one. If you have very little negative camber its prob not a big deal. I am on 350z S-tech and If I were to do it again I would of lived with my rear negative camber and not even wasted money on Rear camber arms and toe bolts and installation.

lots of people are SLAMMED on coils and dont have adjustable front A arms

Personally if it were me I would say forget it unless it was horrible camber. Remember tho if you get a camber kit and get your camber adjusted it will throw your toe out so you will need toe bolts or toe arms.

https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...mber-arms.html
I really am thankful for ppl like you on the from's who know what there talking about you just saved me from buying a front camber kit!!!!!, I just bought the rear, I'm putting on some S- Tech Springs this week and I didn't know what to do, but if your telling me you went 2yrs with tires then I am worry freee!!! thank you SIR!!!!

Old 02-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
^2 years but that depends on how much he drives and other conditions. Camber isn't the big tire eater, toe is. So make sure your toe is in spec. But depending on how much sooner you want to pay for tires you may decide you want a front camber kit.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In for pics.
I have the same size wheel/tire combo and also thinking of dropping on 350z s-techs, but possibly a little lower. Don't mind getting rear camber kit/toe bolts, but want to avoid having to get front kit.
Please let us know if you are able to get the front back into spec without front kit with these springs.
Also, what are the offsets on your wheels? I've heard with 285 in the back you will usually need to fender roll...let me know, please

Old 02-25-2011, 05:48 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
once you drop with those size tires prepare for fender work...roll and maybe a mild pull

Old 06-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Buju On Friday
In for pics.
I have the same size wheel/tire combo and also thinking of dropping on 350z s-techs, but possibly a little lower. Don't mind getting rear camber kit/toe bolts, but want to avoid having to get front kit.
Please let us know if you are able to get the front back into spec without front kit with these springs.
Also, what are the offsets on your wheels? I've heard with 285 in the back you will usually need to fender roll...let me know, please
I had 295 in the rear with stechs had no fender rolling but there again that's when offsets come into play