Godspeed Camber kits

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Received 105 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Reno
Gat0713 I have the same front camber kit and was trying to install it 2 nights ago, but I ran into a problem. You have to swap the factory ball joint studd from the factory upper controll arm to the godspeed camber kit. I couldn't get the stud off for the life of me, heading to my buddies machine shop to press it out on Sunday. My question is how did you get the stud off and does it need to be pressed on the godspeed camber arms to be done correctly? I didn't receive any instructions with the kit so i don't really know.
You need to use a puller to get the ball joint seat off. Look here to on how to remove the ball joint seat (cone shaped black thing that sits in the top of the steering knuckle) from the factory arm with the puller https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...m-install.html

See the tool list for the puller and see the instructions in the thread I linked for how to remove it. You can use a ball joint fork separator like the other guy did, but I wouldn't recommend it. You run the risk of damaging the factory arm and more importantly the ball joint seat.

Additionally I did a lot of research on front camber arms before I purchased and installed the SPC arms I currently have. I wanted to save the money and go with a cheaper arm like ICHIBA (which is looks identical to the godspeed arm but is NOT) but there wasn't a cheaper option that was still going to give me enough adjustment. By adjustment I mean positive camber adjustment. From everything I found, the front godspeed camber arm does not allow for any positive camber adjustment. I can't confirm this, as I have never actually seen the arm itself, but I was unable to find anywhere that actually confirmed this arm allowed for a positive camber adjustment. Nor could find anyone who had installed the arm and had the alignment specs to prove this wrong. I know for a fact the godspeed arm is made with a lower quality bushing than the ICHIBA arm. How low quality I can't say, as I have never had a set of these arms installed. I'm all about using a cheaper product if it can work just as well as one more expensive. I hope someone could update this thread with some actual information after a real godspeed camber arm install. Good luck with the install. See the thread below for all the hardship I went through when I was shopping for front camber arms. There is some good information here that may help you make a decision on what arm to choose: https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...mber-arms.html

Last edited by Silver tiburon; 06-22-2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lox1985
Now, on the rear kit. I did not lubricate the inner ball joint and now the rear makes some crazy sqeaking. I'm not sure if it is me not lubricating it or if it is the kit missing the rubber insert around the ball joint. Anyone else experienced this on the rear kit?
Yes. Lubricate that sucker and the squeak should disappear.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6mt sedan, Stanced and tuned.
I have the Godspeed camber kits on the front of my G35 Sedan and got an alignment. Maxed the positive camber adjustment and it still didn't correct it. Keep in mind its lowered 3 inches in the front.

Right Front was -1.8
Left Front was - .5

I have ichiba Cambers in the Rear, the the correction went as follows. Keep in mind it also has a 3 inch drop in the rear.

Right Rear -.5
Left Rear .0

I am getting new wheels and tires shortly and I am gonna modify front and rear kits to make them go to neutral. I'll take pictures and post when I do it. Looking like three weeks at least down the road till I do.

P.S. I also put the after market toe bolts in the rear, only took about 20 minutes to grind the slots with a dremel. I thought it was going to be a nightmare but it wasn't.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:19 PM
I reused my original toe bolts

Old 06-26-2011, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just had these installed a couple of days ago. The front seems to be ok. They said it didn't offer any positive camber, only negative so mine is still off. It is a little better. One side of the rear is making a horrible, clicking/squeeking sound though. I think it is the passenger. If I push on the rear of the car hard it is making some ugly sounds. I am thinking it is a defective bushing (Or whatever those metals things are where the bushing is on oem control arms, can anyone explain). I jacked it up to make sure everything was tight and it seems to be. I will probably replace the rears control arms with ones that have an actual bushing and not that metal thing....in either case, the rear camber is still way off. The tech told me I needed to toe bolts to get the alignment right..

Old 06-26-2011, 04:57 PM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
ALWAY ALWAYS need aftermarket toe bolts. You hear and see that EVERYWHERE..

Old 06-26-2011, 09:51 PM
i was ok with oem toe bolts. SPC bolts weren't much different from oem. In fact oem sat way better in the slot than SPC.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:53 PM
I had both my rear toe GS camber kit aligned to 0. Fronts where around -1 i think. I have to realign anyway once I change the front lower control arm bushings. As for the back noise I added some lubricant and it disappeared. So far the camber kit seems good.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:21 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
sorry to bring up the dead thread.
I have godspeed front and rear camber kit installed.
The front bushing and ball joints were shot after an year. I'm contacting Ken at Godspeed to get some replacement parts. Besides the bushings and ball joints come with the kit, does anyone have expirience replacing them with poly bushing and ball joints? I'm failing the state inspection because of these and thinking about something more durable. The arms themselves are fine. it's just the bushing...

Old 12-11-2011, 02:29 AM
Originally Posted by jkwinner12
sorry to bring up the dead thread.
I have godspeed front and rear camber kit installed.
The front bushing and ball joints were shot after an year. I'm contacting Ken at Godspeed to get some replacement parts. Besides the bushings and ball joints come with the kit, does anyone have expirience replacing them with poly bushing and ball joints? I'm failing the state inspection because of these and thinking about something more durable. The arms themselves are fine. it's just the bushing...
I had to replace the bushings as well for my front camber kit, but it feels so smooth now. I had to have them custom made through a lathe operator. My back toe where aligned to 0 and front camber set to around -1.4. To try and reduce tire wear. Works great. Then again, I also changed my hubs and bearings for the Timken kind. Changed my compression bushings for SPL type bushings and my inner tie rods for Megan tie rods... OEM outer. The car feels amazing now. I even have a better turn radius.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:11 PM
Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts
i have one problem with mine. The bushings on the front are already screwed up, and coming off the arm. I need to order a bushing kit i believe. But I think the ball joint on them are bad too, but I have no idea if i can even get a replacement ball joint for the camber arm. I may have to put the stock ones back on for a little while so it's safe to drive still.

Name:  fb4d62cc.jpg
Views: 3393
Size:  114.8 KB

Old 12-23-2011, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by importroller
i have one problem with mine. The bushings on the front are already screwed up, and coming off the arm. I need to order a bushing kit i believe. But I think the ball joint on them are bad too, but I have no idea if i can even get a replacement ball joint for the camber arm. I may have to put the stock ones back on for a little while so it's safe to drive still.

You could ask around to see if there are any lathe operators who could make some polyurethane bushings for your camber kit. They should be able to customer make something for you. Then you would want to make sure and lubricate the bushings to eliminate creeks. In about a week and a half it should set in and you should feel the change. That was what I had to do over here since I was not able to find any bushing kit for the Godspeed camber kit. I am sure you could contact the manufacturer and they might be able to get you a replacement, but its not so easy for me since I don't live in the U.S.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Received 350 Likes on 232 Posts
not even worth it, you'll spend more in labour and part to have new special bushings fabricated than you would spend just buying new spc arms

Old 12-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts
saw these on ebay, I think they may work
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Whiteline-Fr...sories&vxp=mtr

Old 12-23-2011, 06:36 PM
Received 350 Likes on 232 Posts
how do you know the whiteline bushings are gonna be the same diameter as the Godspeed bushings?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Godspeed Camber kits