Camber question for people using 'true' coilovers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 09:45 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Camber question for people using 'true' coilovers

Before anyone goes there, I have been searching the forums on this topic and need more specific answers than what I found.

I am scrapping my HKS RS OEM style coilovers (spring separate from strut) for some Stance GR+ true type coilovers. My question is, is camber adjustment (going on the negative side) going to be able to be obtained using an aftermarket rear camber arm or will I need a midlink as well due to the coilovers being the true style? My camber is at -4ish in the rear right now naturally, but I will need about -2 to -3 degrees more.

I'm basically going to be running -20 or -25 offset wheels in the rear and am just trying to find out exactly what I need to install before I order parts and end up with the complete opposite of what I intended.

TIA
-AJ

The following users liked this post:
dEnbOy.GFM (07-26-2011)
Old 07-17-2011, 09:57 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
You can use the spc or which ever camber arms, but I also suggest getting the toe rods from stance. So that you can get your toe in spec with extreme camber.
http://stance-usa.com/sus/products/links/rear-toe-rods

fwdsux (07-17-2011)
Old 07-17-2011, 10:03 PM
I only see them for 240's and z33's. But I read people saying that toe rods are the incorrect way to adjust toe, and you need toe bolts for that. Which also confused me cause AFAIK the toe bolts bolt the spring cup or whatever youd call it to the subframe and true coilovers dont use that spring cup.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:25 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by fwdsux
I only see them for 240's and z33's. But I read people saying that toe rods are the incorrect way to adjust toe, and you need toe bolts for that. Which also confused me cause AFAIK the toe bolts bolt the spring cup or whatever youd call it to the subframe and true coilovers dont use that spring cup.
Just a fyi the z33 is the same parts for the G. Toe bolts will only adjust your toe so much. I have the stance gr+ pro in true coils and was running -6 deg. I have the spl arms but the stance are cheaper. True does not use the bucket, but if you wanted to try and just use the spc toe bolts you could see if that gets your toe good, if it doesn't upgrade to the arms down the line.

fwdsux (07-17-2011)
Old 07-17-2011, 10:44 PM
I get it now...the aftermarket toe rod replaces the factory one with the spring housing. Thanks for the info, you surely cleared it up for me.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If they don't come with it (cannot remember) get the locking washers from Stance or SPL so they don't rotate at all.

Vendors have them but this is for image reference: http://splparts.com/store/product-info.php?pid232.html

I'm struggling right now with a total rear toe of 0.30 which says its in spec by the sheet but when I read the manuals its says its out of spec... confused!