Question about parts and bushings.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question about parts and bushings.

I just installed, some whiteline lower inner control arm bushings about a month ago on my 2004 G35 coupe and they work great, but I could still not align the car. Apparently I had to change the bushings for the compression arm, Which I did with SPL bushings... Yet I'm still not able to align the car... apparently I have to now change my inner tie rods, the Wheel ball bearings and change the bushings for my 2 month old Godspeed camber kit. My question would be... If I get Tein inner tie rod, would they work with my OEM outer tie rods??? As well How do I change the bushings for the camber kit? I have never seen bushings sold separetly for these... Would they have to be custom made? Hehe I need some help here becuase I have been trying to align my car from quite some time now... I have 19" OEM Ray forged rims with 20mm Ichiba V2 wheel spacers and eibach springs. The previouse owner had huge 20" 45lbs rims on each wheel... That had to go and as soon as I found someone selling 19" OEM ray forged I did a swap. The car is much lighter, but I am trying to correct steering and alignment now... and off course the famouse tire wearing... with the 20" I had to change tires every 3 to 4 months... Which was why I started to try and fix the issue. Point is... I need help on where to get the camber kit arm bushings or what to do... me question regarding the inner tie rods and any other advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by gat0713; 08-12-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
^ When your say you could not align the car, do you mean that it wouldn't get back to oem alignment specs becuase of these other issues? Or are finding out these problems one after another causing you to wait to get the alignment once all this gets fixed?

Old 08-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by MikeDG
^ When your say you could not align the car, do you mean that it wouldn't get back to oem alignment specs becuase of these other issues? Or are finding out these problems one after another causing you to wait to get the alignment once all this gets fixed?
Every time I take my car to be aligned and the mechanics run though the inspeccion, there is something else that is wrong which if placed on the computer, would not give a correct alignment. There are worn out parts. And if I align the car it will not align properly. Plus I get this clanking noise from the left side of the suspension. Not sure if it is the camber kit to which the bushings are worn out already, or the inner tie rods... Point is, after an inspection the mechanic found the left hand side inner tie rod worn out. The right hand side baring worn out and the left hand side camber kit bushing worn out. But I would have to change both sides not just one side. Which is why I ask for advice and help regarding this matter.

Old 08-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
I went through something similar...

The clanking, is it when you hit a bump or depress the brakes?

Old 08-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by Eric@TCGMiami

Not really, clanking only happens when I pass over cracks or unleveled ground. Does not happen when I break. It sounds like something is loose when I hit a crack on the road or unleveled terrain which cause the car to vibrate. Does not sound at all if the street is fine.

Last edited by gat0713; 08-12-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:07 AM
So no one knows if the Tein inner tie rods fit with the OEM outer tie rods?

Old 08-13-2011, 07:16 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
It's probably a good bet that the tein inners will work with stock outers, but I haven't done it, so I can't say 100%.

How many miles do you have on the SPL comp. rod bushings? In street use, they will wear out and clunk. IMO, Energy Suspension has a better solution for the comp. rod bushings for street use.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by vinco
It's probably a good bet that the tein inners will work with stock outers, but I haven't done it, so I can't say 100%.

How many miles do you have on the SPL comp. rod bushings? In street use, they will wear out and clunk. IMO, Energy Suspension has a better solution for the comp. rod bushings for street use.
SPL bushing are only a week old. lol

Old 08-15-2011, 01:48 PM
How about Megan Racing Inner tie rods? How are these? Supposidly they fit with OEM outer. Just trying to replace my worn out inner tie rods. :/ hmm.

Old 08-20-2011, 06:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric@TCGMiami

How bout if it's both?

Old 08-20-2011, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by TOYSTA
How bout if it's both?
Just on unleveled "rocky" terrain or when I hit a crack or hole. Does not happen wheb I brake or drive on flat surfaces.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:49 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
Tein inner tie-rods WILL work with stock outers.

Its pretty hard to "wear" out an inner tie rod, if it's bent, that's one thing but its likely not "worn"

Old 08-20-2011, 09:50 PM
THank you.

Old 08-20-2011, 11:04 PM
Received 121 Likes on 113 Posts
If you hit a bump and feel the bump through the steering wheel, you most likely have a tie rod problem. You will feel the steering wheel "bottom out" and feel more connected to the road without the proper dampening.

I replaced an inner tie rod and the steering wheel now feels disconnected from the pavement as well as being more responsive when turning. The inner tie rod socket was so loose when it was hanging in the steering rack it just flopped down after I disconnected the outer tire rod. I could barely move the new inner tie rod with both hands.

Old 08-20-2011, 11:08 PM
Received 121 Likes on 113 Posts
I am STILL experiencing looseness and extra vibrations in the front, especially when driving over cracks or rough patches. I'm thinking my lower control arm (or bushing) needs to be replaced because the right wheel has a mind of its own when hitting bumps by not tracking straight and overcoming the rough patch like it should. Most of the vibrations are felt through the gas pedal.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Question about parts and bushings.